Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New member

(Read 2666 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
     OP - October 27, 2015, 10:30 AM

Hi ,
    Long time lurker first time contributor. I have  the tendency for being verbose so I ask your patience and forgiveness now. I am not a Muslim but have spent the majority of my formative years in an Arab country.My brother in law is a Muslim but a pretty moderate one as in he allows( but doesn't consume )alcohol and pork to be cooked and partaken of in his house using his utensils, listens to music , tv etc and is against IS. We live in a western country now . My sister had to take shahada to marry him but has since apostatised and returned to her catholic faith. She doesn't seem to understand how serious this is and I'm worried for her because she plans one day to live in his home country .I'm married to a Hindu atheist so you can say we're a mixed bag of nuts lol. I, myself vacillate between Catholicism and atheism. Atheism was the winning contender till my child got seriously ill at 7 months . I felt that I was partially to blame , maybe this was Gods way of calling me back to the fold , pretty shitty way I might add . My mother told me as much but recanted that later after she saw how much it hurt me .I feel held hostage by a faith that I'm not sure I believe in ,perhaps vain hope that this will magically prevent my child from a reoccurrence of his illness;it's still lurking in the background.
    I have always been a seeker ; I remember being not more than 6 or 7 when I asked my mum why Jesus was blonde and blue eyed , her and was that he was special being the son of God and all that. I still remember being unhappy with that ans . I also found it odd that we were told to pray to find lost items or banal personal issues and if we were fortunate enough for God to answer our prayers he ( another thing I'm not comfortable with- gender allocation)was praised but didn't seem to answer the much more important prayers of the multitude of starving and dispossessed.
    Another insight I had was working in my field where I look after people with mental illnesses, could a benevolent God create this ! For what reason ? How is belief in religion any different from delusion? Yet many of the psychiatrist I work with are fervent believers in their religion, I wonder how they reason with this .
    Perhaps the formal religious bodies have always been my bug bear left alone perhaps people would temper their religion with humanity that comes naturally to us. This is my hope , maybe unfounded.
    In a wrap up , I just wanted to thank you for your time.I have read and enjoyed many of your posts especially happy Murtad ;but have noticed a drop in activity recently , are the members of this forum still active? I must congratulate you all on being so brave and open minded.
     Reply #1 - October 27, 2015, 11:56 AM

Welcome!  parrot

The forum is still active, but it has toned down a bit lately. Perhaps someone else will have some insight on it.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #2 - October 27, 2015, 12:05 PM

Welcome parrot

I've seen declining participation discussed on other forums and I think there's a general tendency for discussion to move elsewhere; facebook, twitter, or wherever. I'm not sure if people think this explains things being quiet here.
     Reply #3 - October 27, 2015, 01:18 PM

Welcome. parrot It picks up, winds down, picks up again, winds down again.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #4 - October 27, 2015, 01:38 PM

Thank you everyone! I assumed that the Facebook page would be more active but no such luck. It's still good to gain some insight into a faith that is quickly gaining momentum worldwide
      thnkyu
     Reply #5 - October 27, 2015, 03:20 PM

Welcome.

I like your user name.
     Reply #6 - October 27, 2015, 04:20 PM

Thanks  Roll Eyes . I'm sure you know whom it refers to.
    Welcome.

I like your user name.

Reply #7 - October 27, 2015, 04:24 PM

I have a miniature statue of him and his dog on my desk.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »