Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: My message to humanity

(Read 2321 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • My message to humanity
     OP - October 08, 2015, 12:53 AM

I was born and raised as an atheist and had start studying the major religions when I was a teenager. Before, I started questioning myself, "Why couldn't this omniscient being have sent his final 'message' in the age of technology knowing his word would spread further?"  and "Why do miracles not happen anymore?". I was completely certain that these religions were nothing but myths, when only being 'revealed' in the age of an unexplained world. Now we have theists having competitions of whose religion is the "truth", not realizing they are all illogical.  Their intelligence lies under this answer, "I do not understand how things happen, therefore God exists". This is why the burden of proof is on them, because they fill in the gaps of something unexplained with God to prove its existence. I know that we do not know everything about the origins of the universe, but the fact is science is constantly evolving and it may someday provide a clearer answer. Meanwhile, religion is in the same position with none evidence for its beliefs. They are like the people in ancient times who were clueless about nature, and created multiple Gods linked with certain attributes to explain their occurrence.

When I came upon the Abrahamic religions, I realized that most practitioners were cherry-pickers. I also noticed how they did not contained the exact set of rules, and made it more obvious that they were created by mankind. One thing I noticed is that 'eternal torture' was never mentioned in the Torah, it started from Christianity. If you were to read about Hell in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, you would notice how they start to give more detailed description of it from a chronological order (With Islam being the most fearsome for the weak-minded). If you learn about the origins of Hell, you will know where the concept of it originated from.

Islam is full of strict and pointless rules about what one can and cannot do, even if it does not harm others, like about dogs being forbidden to keep as pets and music being a sin to listen to. Not to mention, a husband is allowed beat their wife for disobedience (Quran 4:34).  Of course muslim apologists will either argue that it is not in the quran at all even when you are holding it right in their face, which basically proves how much mental blocking is needed to believe in such a religion in the first place. Or they will say that the original translation in Arabic does not really say that when in fact, most muslims cannot even read Arabic and furthermore, based on my research, it does state to beat your wife for disobedience in a much harsher manner than the English translation. Some translations even put the word “lightly” in brackets beside the word “beat”, even though the word "lightly" is not found in the Arabic. If you were to read the hadiths, it states Abu Bakr and Muhammad hitting Aisha where she even describes the pain. The muslims will argue that the hadiths are not preserved too, but why would an all-knowing being set limitations knowing that they would be lead astray by the hadiths? No one can be only a quranist because without the hadiths, you will not know how to perform prayer. The truth is when they feel uncomfortable with them, they will automatically call it 'weak' or say it somehow opposes the Quran when it is not in any way, it is just their excuses. (I get my information about the Arabic words from ex-muslim Arabs, who explain the muslim's flawed interpretation of Arabic). One thing I never understood is what deity would be pleased by people circling around the Kaaba, running between two mounts, throwing stones at the obelisk, etc. where there are risks. Some muslims even wish for death there because it is a ticket straight to Heaven, which shows how humanity has fallen because of these superstitions.

One may ask, "Why would an omniscient being sent angels to whisper to infallible humans, when knowing his message was continually going to be corrupted since the beginning of time?" I am sure that such a deity would provide a better way to send this 'message' and keep it preserved to avoid confusion, since the beginning of humanity. The truth is even the whole creation story lacks sense, this all-knowing being would have knew what would tempt Adam and Eve, and could have easily avoided it. Creationists say that no one created God, so by their logic, not everything has to be created from something after all. Perhaps the universe always was. It is like an infinite loop of something being created and something creating. They say that he is above all laws of physics, but it makes less sense to say that a deity who had no beginning created the universe out of nothingness, like magic. Again, this is the typical response from every theist, so at the end, they are stuck with not providing evidence for their "God" or "Gods". There are thousands of them, it is not like a competition with only 'one religion'. I know that all religions use this largely man-made concept of divine purpose as a way to entice people (especially those who feel lost or confused in the path of life) to follow them by implying that they need to have some kind of supernatural purpose in life besides just being. Religion preys on the lost and those who are so desperate for any shred of hope as a tool of manipulation, by telling someone that they must have a purpose in life and that purpose is Islam, Judaism, Christianity, etc. There are also parents who mentally abuse their child with fear attempts (Hell) to keep them in faith, but it is not surprising because they have a natural behavior of caring for their child, so they will do anything to "save them" from Hell. Religion is like cancer and it is the most effective in family.

My desire is to live in a secular world where there is no child indoctrination and people murdering others for an irrational purpose. Humanity should not be worrying about performing rituals and reading ancient books which are both irrelevant and unhelpful. People can still have their morals and values even when not clinging on to a religion. - L
  • My message to humanity
     Reply #1 - October 08, 2015, 01:34 AM

• My message to humanity
     Reply #2 - October 08, 2015, 10:52 AM

Welcome. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »