Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Sweden: 77.6% of all rapes are committed by Muslim males

(Read 11112 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Sweden: 77.6% of all rapes are committed by Muslim males
     Reply #30 - October 13, 2015, 06:43 PM

On what basis do you draw that conclusion?

Table 11 on page 41 in the study (in Swedish) I linked to in comment #15

From the table, my translation.
    Percentage of population suspect of various crimes.
    Rape or attempted rape:
    Born in Sweden with Swedish parents 0.04%
    Born in Sweden to immigrated parents: 0.08%
    Born in another country: 0.22%

If immigrants are systematically more likely to rape, why could that be the case?

Good question. Culture?

Quote from a Danish article on rapes in Denmark. I don't know the source but the quote looks like something I'd expect to hear from social workers in my social circle.

My translation:
    Cultural sociologist and immigrant researcher Mehmet Ümit Necef from SDU says it's important that these numbers are mentioned. New Danes are clearly over represented among convicted rapists. Some new Danes doesn't know and understand Danish sexual culture. The fact that a Danish woman walks home drunk at night does not mean that she is 'available', he says.

A case I know of was a Somali teenager in love who had consensual sex with a minor (~13 years...) ending in prison and being expelled from the country from not knowing that 9 year isn't legal age here. This case could definitely have been prevented with education.
    These youngsters need more sex ed than natives.

PS. Sorry for the late reply. I got stuck with a silly computer game...
     Reply #31 - October 13, 2015, 09:14 PM

Yes dagon, mandatory sex ed at an early age seems like a good response.  Smiley

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #32 - October 14, 2015, 02:39 AM

These none native/new Danes, are the criminals also a higher percentage from the islamic world?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #33 - October 14, 2015, 03:05 AM

These none native/new Danes, are the criminals also a higher percentage from the islamic world?

Yes.
    TOP 5 ( Nationalities of rapists )

Denmark: 403
    Iraq: 41
    Turkey: 26
    Somalia: 25
    Lebanon: 24

None of the rapists were Swedish.

Apart from this I can't comment on Denmark but we are probably pretty similar. It was the quote I was after.
    I need to pour some industry grade cleaner into my brain after being a part of this thread.
     Reply #34 - October 14, 2015, 03:13 AM

Sigh.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Re: Sweden: 77.6% of all rapes are committed by Muslim males
     Reply #35 - October 22, 2015, 01:52 AM

Not like it's a secret sexual assault/rape figures are growing in the Nordic countries. Do you find the rape stats going through the roof to be because of muslims?

There have been several international comparisons made, placing Sweden at the top end of the number of reported rapes. However, police procedures and legal definitions vary widely across countries, which makes it difficult to compare rape statistics.[8][9][10][11] For example, Sweden reformed its sex crime legislation and made the legal definition of rape much wider in 2005,[3][4][8][12] which largely explains a significant increase in the number of reported rapes in the ten-year period of 2004-2013.[13][14] The Swedish police also record each instance of sexual violence in every case separately, leading to an inflated number of cases compared to other countries.[8][11][15] Additionally, the Swedish police have improved the handling of rape cases, in an effort to increase the number of crimes reported.[8][14][16][17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden
     Reply #36 - October 22, 2015, 04:46 AM

Meaning?

Reply #37 - October 22, 2015, 10:53 AM

It means that someone who might have been convicted of some other type of assault in earlier years would be convicted of rape in later years.

For example, in 1992 a legislative change came into force which shifted the dividing line between sexual assault and rape. This legislative change resulted in about a 25% increase in the level of registered rape offences.[11]

Also

Changes in the legal process has also affected the number of reports. Until 1984, rape was only prosecuted in cases where the victim was prepared to press charges, with an additional restriction of a six months time limit. This resulted in numerous cases of rape and sexual assault going unreported.[11]

Changes in the legal process has also affected the number of reports. Until 1984, rape was only prosecuted in cases where the victim was prepared to press charges, with an additional restriction of a six months time limit. This resulted in numerous cases of rape and sexual assault going unreported.[11]

]

For example, a 2008 ruling by the Supreme Court decided that digital penetration of the vagina, on a woman who is intoxicated or sleeping, shall be regarded as an sexual act comparable to sexual intercourse, and is therefore an act of rape.[25][26]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden#Legislation

Reply #38 - October 22, 2015, 04:06 PM

@Skywalker

You make some absolute valid points that concerns Sweden's lead in the rape statistics. However, we're talking about the relatively higher representation of immigrants in sexual crimes. Criminality in Sweden is dropping consistently with the exception of sexual violence which is constantly rising.
     Reply #39 - October 22, 2015, 06:13 PM

Actual statistics show us clearly that phenomena like gang rapes is an entirely "imported" problem, not a single ethnic Swede has been accused for such a crime. In Norway for example, we know from statistics that the perpetrators are exclusively non-European 1st or 2nd generation immigrants.

Non-ethnic Swedes are heavily over-represented in sexual crimes, far more than for any other type of crime. As a Sociology student, I'm kind of ashamed to say that I haven't come across any study that explores the reasons behind this in particular. However, with what we do know, I think we can say with some type of certainty that it is mainly a matter of attitudes and norms on (male)power, sexuality, and the female body.

Scandinavian norms, values and attitudes towards sexuality and the female body is on the opposite spectra of what we find in for example the Middle East. Male power in an ingrained part of patriarchal culture, a culture which has been the dominant ideology since the agricultural revolution. Sweden has during the last 50 years moved tremendously ahead in terms of how much patriarchal norms affect our daily lives. The same cannot be said for the Middle East, or even Southern Europe (known from experience).

This is not a problem that has to do with ethnicity. It is not something that is a "natural" part of any culture, ethnic, or religious group. Just like everything else in human culture, it's something we are socialized to conform with. There is definitely a need to work with attitudes among 1st, 2nd and even 3rd generation immigrant youth and young adults because they often grow up in a segregated environment. What they are told at home is often the opposite of what they hear from the rest of society.

I really hate when these facts are used by xenophobic far-right sympathizers, but it's a real problem that has to be dealt with. Far-right racists use "our" silence to add oil to the fire. Silence should never be an option.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #40 - October 22, 2015, 07:06 PM

Anyone remember the instagram slut shaming thing in Sweden a while ago? Some teenage muslim girls took to the internet to insult classmates and call them sluts, and the students were so outraged at the muslims' actions they rioted. It always makes me want to bang my head against a wall when a woman attempts to enforce sexist misogynist bullshit on another woman.

Swedish Teens Riot After Slut-Shaming On Instagram

'Instagram slut shaming riot was healthy'

The Instagram 'slut shaming' which sparked a riot: Teenage girls who set-up account are jailed and fined £55,000 after hundreds took to streets of Gothenburg in violent protest

I mean surely that right there has to make people seriously stop and think.

Reply #41 - October 22, 2015, 09:27 PM

@Skywalker

You make some absolute valid points that concerns Sweden's lead in the rape statistics. However, we're talking about the relatively higher representation of immigrants in sexual crimes. Criminality in Sweden is dropping consistently with the exception of sexual violence which is constantly rising.

Actually I was responding to this
    Not like it's a secret sexual assault/rape figures are growing in the Nordic countries. Do you find the rape stats going through the roof to be because of muslims?

Im not questioning that muslims are overrepresented, only that the numbers are not what they seem. I've seen figures such as 1400% increase in which 75%+ are muslims, which seems very unlikely.The question is, how much is due to muslim immigrants. Sweden has a comparable muslim population to other European countries, such as the UK, and my guess is that the degree of the problem is the same as it is in the UK. Has the UK experienced significant increase? What percentage of those convicted of rape are muslims?Also other things such as age group differences might also be different. So, while muslims might be committing certain crimes at 10 times the average, adjusted for age it might be 5 times, which is still high.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »