Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello!

(Read 2503 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello!
     OP - September 26, 2015, 09:32 AM

Hello all,

I've been in the closet for a few years now. I started reading "The God Delusion" recently and that had led me to think about things. It has led me to this forum.

My position is an agnostic right now - I feel it's impossible to disprove or prove god exists. I think I've been a humanist all along though - we should practice kindness along with rational thinking.

I'm interested in conversations which apply critical thinking to the premise that the Quran is devine. Lately I've been reading online sources which seek to refute Islam (mainly WikiIslam) and on the other side, essays from Muslims who validate it. I've also been watching many debates on YouTube between atheists and religious scholars and Islamic scholars versus ex-Muslims.

Despite feeling a little scared, I've "come out" to some Muslims in my social circle and it's "early days"  right now. They are still friends.

I was advised to keep in the closet by another friend but I didn't want to live a double-life any more. I value integrity, being honest and up-front.

My life is complicated right now as I have wife, marriage problems and a child to support.

I'm hoping to make friends here too eventually by attending some real-life meetups.

"Be excellent to each other!"

My religious doctrine: Be excellent to each other!
  • Hello!
     Reply #1 - September 26, 2015, 09:58 AM

Welcome. U r v brave to 'come out'. Most people i know have an inkling that i too do not believe but because of family n parents i keep quiet. Love ur sentence of human kindness, rational thinking and being excellent to each other. Wish more people thought like this.....

"Question with boldness even the existence of God...because...if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear"...Thomas Jefferson
  • Hello!
     Reply #2 - September 28, 2015, 09:02 PM

Welcome  parrot
  • Hello!
     Reply #3 - September 29, 2015, 01:53 AM

Why hello!

Welcome!
  • Hello!
     Reply #4 - September 29, 2015, 01:54 AM

parrot
    Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Hello!
     Reply #5 - September 29, 2015, 07:46 PM

Welcome!!  parrot

Are you and your wife/child in Great Britain/America? If you are, then it will probably be easier to keep your child or at least regular access to your child if the marriage ends than it would be if your wife were in another country. If your wife is fairly religious she will probably want a divorce because of your apostasy...but that's not the end of the world. She probably won't be able to keep your child away from you entirely. And who knows, maybe she'll change her mind some day when she sees you're not a horrible person just because you're an atheist. Smiley

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Hello!
     Reply #6 - October 02, 2015, 10:50 AM

Welcome - you should definitely check out Hassan's agnostic muslim posts! I think you are on the same wavelength
     parrot parrot
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »