Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Maryam Namazie speech blocked by the Student Union

(Read 23608 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Maryam Namazie speech blocked by the Student Union
     OP - September 26, 2015, 09:07 AM

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/sep/26/student-union-blocks-speech-activist-maryam-namazie-warwick
     Reply #1 - September 26, 2015, 10:19 AM

A human rights campaigner has been barred from speaking at Warwick University after organisers were told she was “highly inflammatory and could incite hatred”.

Maryam Namazie, an Iranian-born campaigner against religious laws, had been invited to speak to the Warwick Atheists, Secularists and Humanists Society next month. But the student union blocked the event, telling the society that Namazie’s appearance could violate its external speaker policy.

In an email to the society’s president, Benjamin David, a student union official said the decision had been taken “because after researching both her [Namazie] and her organisation, a number of flags have been raised”.

It went on:
    “We have a duty of care to conduct a risk assessment for each speaker who wishes to come to campus. There a number of articles written both by the speaker and by others about the speaker that indicate that she is highly inflammatory, and could incite hatred on campus.”

And that is how religious activists use "freedom of expression" and threaten people so the concerned authorities  can suppress  "freedom of expression "   and stop the public meeting of the human right activists.  

Yap  let us make our universities dens for religious rights groups...and follow their rules

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - September 26, 2015, 09:46 PM

Dear supporters

As President of WASH, I feel that it is important that I comment about the recent controversy regarding the decision taken by The University of Warwick's Student Union to prohibit Maryam Namazie from speaking on campus. For those unfamiliar with Maryam, she is a secularist, a human-rights campaigner, and leader of the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain - as well as being a friend of mine.

After submitting a guest-speaker application to the SU, I received the following response explaining their decision to bar Maryam:

"...after researching both her and her organisation, a number of flags have been raised. We have a duty of care to conduct a risk assessment for each speaker who wishes to come to campus.

There a number of articles written both by the speaker and by others about the speaker that indicate that she is highly inflammatory, and could incite hatred on campus. This is in contravention of our external speaker policy:

*must not incite hatred, violence or call for the breaking of the law

*are not permitted to encourage, glorify or promote any acts of terrorism including individuals, groups or organisations that support such acts

*must not spread hatred and intolerance in the community and thus aid in disrupting social and community harmony

*must seek to avoid insulting other faiths or groups, within a framework of positive debate and challenge

*are not permitted to raise or gather funds for any external organisation or cause without express permission of the trustees.

In addition to this, there are concerns that if we place conditions on her attendance (such as making it a member only event and having security in attendance, asking for a transcript of what she intends to say, recording the speech) she will refuse to abide by these terms as she did for Trinity College Dublin:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/maryamnamazie/2015/03/23/tcd-2/">http://freethoughtblogs.com/maryamnamazie/2015/03/23/tcd-2/

As a student of the University, I must confess that I cannot but help feel an element of embarrassment - as well as feeling that my society has been vitiated in light of the encroachment on the strong secular and free-speech principles that the society espouses. We have appealed the decision and we will submit a further post detailing the outcome in due course. The restriction of free-thought and non-violent free-speech is the most dangerous of all subversions, a subversion that is only amplified in light of the fact that Maryam has always campaigned against violence and discrimination and has done so passionately for many years - something that should have been taken on board when the SU's assessment was made. Maryam often describes the true facts concerning her own experiences and those of people she works with in relation to radical forms of Islam - not all forms of Islam, just those pernicious, radical strands of the religion - things that most peaceful Muslims would also condemn. I must profess that if those facts are an incitement of hatred - which I most definitely believe they are not - then the solution is to change the way people are treated in certain faith communities, not to insist Maryam lie about her life through censorship. As Maryam stated in her blog:

"The Student Union seems to lack an understanding of the difference between criticising religion, an idea, or a far-Right political movement on the one hand and attacking and inciting hate against people on the other. Inciting hatred is what the Islamists do; I and my organisation challenge them and defend the rights of ex-Muslims, Muslims and others to dissent."

And, what is more:

"The Student Union position is of course nothing new. It is the predominant post-modernist “Left” point of view that conflates Islam, Muslims and Islamists, homogenises the “Muslim community”, thinks believers are one and the same as the religious-Right and sides with the Islamist narrative against its many dissenters [...]This type of politics denies universalism, sees rights as ‘western,’ justifies the suppression of women’s rights, freedoms and equality under the guise of respect for other ‘cultures’ imputing on innumerable people the most reactionary elements of culture and religion, which is that of the religious-Right. In this type of politics, the oppressor is victim, the oppressed are perpetrators of “hatred”, and any criticism is racist."

The infringement of free-speech is becoming insidiously ubiquitous, and many universities, including The University of Warwick, are circumventing the freedom of speech in pursuit of inoffensive, sanitary narratives. As many of those at Warwick University know, few universities have sullied its free-speech as much as our university has. Spiked-Online's 'University Free-Speech Rankings' recently imputed the university with their infamous red-ranking, stating that:

"The University of Warwick and Warwick Students' Union collectively create a hostile environment for free speech. The university, which has received an Amber ranking, restricts material that is 'likely to cause offence'. The students' union, which has received a Red ranking, has instituted bans on the Sun and theDaily Star, launched a campaign to have 'offensive' wallpaper in a local bar removed and banned 'prejudiced' entertainers from performing in the union. Due to the severity of the students' union's actions, the institution’s overall ranking is Red"

I believe that we at the University of Warwick need to come together, as secularists, as students, revering the intellectual suffusion of ideas and dialectics, to construct a truly formidable voice of opposition for the sake of those beloved principles that we promote. Lest we forget: “censorships exist to prevent anyone from challenging current conceptions and existing institutions. All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently, the first condition of progress is the removal of censorship” – George Bernard Shaw

-Benjamin David

(President of Warwick Atheists, Secularists and Humanists).

https://www.warwicksu.com/news/article/WarwickAtheists/Maryam-Namazie-barred-from-speaking-at-The-University-of-Warwick/

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3 - September 26, 2015, 09:47 PM

Warwick University Student Union: the Islamists incite hatred, not us
    I was invited to speak at Warwick University by the Warwick Atheists, Secularists and Humanists’ Society on 28 October 2015. The University Student Union has declined the request for me to speak saying the following:

This is because after researching both her and her organisation, a number of flags have been raised. We have a duty of care to conduct a risk assessment for each speaker who wishes to come to campus.

There a number of articles written both by the speaker and by others about the speaker that indicate that she is highly inflammatory, and could incite hatred on campus. This is in contravention of our external speaker policy:

The President (or equivalent) of the group organising any event is responsible for the activities that take place within their events.  All speakers will be made aware of their responsibility to abide by the law, the University and the Union’s various policies, including that they:

must not incite hatred, violence or call for the breaking of the law
    are not permitted to encourage, glorify or promote any acts of terrorism including individuals, groups or organisations that support such acts
    must not spread hatred and intolerance in the community and thus aid in disrupting social and community harmony
    must seek to avoid insulting other faiths or groups, within a framework of positive debate and challenge
    are not permitted to raise or gather funds for any external organisation or cause without express permission of the trustees.
    In addition to this, there are concerns that if we place conditions on her attendance (such as making it a member only event and having security in attendance, asking for a transcript of what she intends to say, recording the speech) she will refuse to abide by these terms as she did for Trinity College Dublin.
    The Atheist group is of course appealing their decision, however, it’s important for me to comment briefly on the Student Union’s position. I will be writing a more detailed letter to the university to formally complain about the Student Union accusations against me after taking legal advice.

For now, though, suffice it to say that criticising religion and the religious-Right is not incitement of hatred against people. If anything, it’s the religious-Right, namely Islamism in this case, which incites hatred against those of us who dare to leave Islam and criticise it.

The Student Union seems to lack an understanding of the difference between criticising religion, an idea, or a far-Right political movement on the one hand and attacking and inciting hate against people on the other. Inciting hatred is what the Islamists do; I and my organisation challenge them and defend the rights of ex-Muslims, Muslims and others to dissent.

The Student Union position is of course nothing new. It is the predominant post-modernist “Left” point of view that conflates Islam, Muslims and Islamists, homogenises the “Muslim community”, thinks believers are one and the same as the religious-Right and sides with the Islamist narrative against its many dissenters.

It is the “anti-colonialist” perspective which always unsurprisingly coincides with that of the ruling classes in the so-called “Islamic world” or “Muslim communities” – an understanding that is Eurocentric, patronising and racist.

This type of politics denies universalism, sees rights as ‘western,’ justifies the suppression of women’s rights, freedoms and equality under the guise of respect for other ‘cultures’ imputing on innumerable people the most reactionary elements of culture and religion, which is that of the religious-Right. In this type of politics, the oppressor is victim, the oppressed are perpetrators of “hatred”, and any criticism is racist.

These sort of Lefties have one set of progressive politics for themselves – they want gay rights, equality for women and the right to criticise the pope and the Christian-Right, and another for us.

We are not worthy of the same rights and freedoms.

We can only make demands within the confines of religion and Islam. If we dissent, if we demand equality, if we demand to live our lives without the labels of “kafir” or “immoral” – and all that which they imply, then we are inciting hatred…

It’s a topsy turvy world when “progressives” who are meant to be on our side take a stand with our oppressors and try to deny us the only tool we have to resist – our freedom of expression.

Well, it’s not up for sale or subject to the conditions of a Student Union too enamoured with Islamism to take a principled position.

By the way Warwick, in case you’re wondering, I will speak at your university – as I will be soon at Trinity College Dublin despite my initial talk being cancelled by organisers.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/maryamnamazie/

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #4 - September 26, 2015, 10:03 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/16/gender.observercolumnists

NB 2005

A week ago, at a reception in one of London's dowdier hotels, Maryam Namazie received a cheque and a certificate stating that she was Secularist of the Year 2005. The audience from the National Secular Society cheered, but no one else noticed.
    At first glance, the wider indifference wasn't surprising. Everyone is presenting everyone else with prizes these days - even journalists get them. If coverage was given to all award winners, there would be no space left in the papers for news. On top of that, secularism is still an eccentric cause. Despite the privileges of the established churches, this is one of the most irreligious countries on Earth. The bishops have power but no influence, and the notion that you need a tough-minded movement to combat religious influence still feels quaint.

Like republicanism, secularism is an ideal which can enthuse the few while leaving the many cold.

The rise of the Christian right in the United States and the Islamic right everywhere, of faith schools and religious censorship is breaking down complacency. The 7 July bombings should have blown it to pieces. But the Ealing comedy caricature of a kind vicar, who may be a bit silly but remains intrinsically decent, is still most people's picture of the religious in England, not least because there is truth in it. (It's a different matter in Northern Ireland and on the west coast of Scotland, for obvious reasons.)

For all that, Maryam Namazie's obscurity remains baffling. She ought to be a liberal poster girl. Her life has been that of a feminist militant who fights the oppression of women wherever she finds it. She was born in Tehran, but had to flee with her family when the Iranian revolution brought the mullahs to power. After graduating in America, she went to work with the poor in the Sudan. When the Islamists seized control, she established an underground human rights network. Her cover was blown and she had to run once again. She's been a full-time campaigner for the rights of the Iranian diaspora, helping refugees across the world and banging on to anyone who will listen about the vileness of its treatment of women.

Advertisement

When an Iranian judge hanged a 16-year-old girl for having sex outside marriage - I mean literally hanged her; he put the noose round her neck himself - Namazie organised global protests. Her best rhetorical weapon is her description of the obsessiveness of theocracy. The law in Iran not only allows women to be stoned, she says, but it specifies the size of the stones to be used; they mustn't be too small in case it takes too long to kill her and the mob gets bored; but mustn't be too big either, in case she is dispatched immediately and the mob is denied the sado-sexual pleasure of seeing her suffer.

She's media-friendly and literate, not least because she runs the London-based International TV English whose programmes have a large following in the Middle East. Yet one of the most important feminists from the developing world has never been on Woman's Hour. I searched our huge cuttings database and could find only one mention of her in the national press over the past 10 years. Right-thinking, left-leaning people have backed away from Maryam Namazie because she is just as willing to tackle their tolerance of oppression as the oppressors themselves.

It was the decision of broad-minded politicians in Ottawa to allow Sharia courts in Canada which did it for her. They said if they were not established, the Muslim minority would be marginalised and to say otherwise was racism pure and simple.

After years of hearing this postmodern twaddle, Namazie flipped. Why was it, she asked, that supposed liberals always give 'precedence to cultural and religious norms, however reactionary, over the human being and her rights'? Why was it that they always pretended that other cultures were sealed boxes without conflicts of their own and took 'the most reactionary segment of that community' as representative of the belief and culture of the whole.

Advertisement

In a ringing passage, which should be pinned to the noticeboards of every cultural studies faculty and Whitehall ministry, she declared that the problem with cultural relativism was that it endorsed the racism of low expectations.

'It promotes tolerance and respect for so-called minority opinions and beliefs, rather than respect for human beings. Human beings are worthy of the highest respect, but not all opinions and beliefs are worthy of respect and tolerance. There are some who believe in fascism, white supremacy, the inferiority of women. Must they be respected?'

Richard J Evans, professor of modern history at Cambridge, pointed out in Defence of History that if you take the relativist position to its conclusion and believe there's no such thing as truth and all cultures are equally valid, you have no weapons to fight the Holocaust denier or Ku Klux Klansmen.

Namazie is on the right side of the great intellectual struggle of our time between incompatible versions of liberalism. One follows the fine and necessary principle of tolerance, but ends up having to tolerate the oppression of women, say, or gays in foreign cultures while opposing misogyny and homophobia in its own. (Or 'liberalism for the liberals and cannibalism for the cannibals!' as philosopher Martin Hollis elegantly described the hypocrisy of the manoeuvre.) The alternative is to support universal human rights and believe that if the oppression of women is wrong, it is wrong everywhere.

The gulf between the two is unbridgeable. Although the argument is rarely put as baldly as I made it above, you can see it breaking out everywhere across the liberal-left. Trade union leaders stormed out of the anti-war movement when they discovered its leadership had nothing to say about the trade unionists who were demanding workers' rights in Iraq and being tortured and murdered by the 'insurgents' for their presumption.

Former supporters of Ken Livingstone reacted first with bewilderment and then steady contempt when he betrayed Arab liberals and embraced the Islamic religious right. The government's plans to ban the incitement of religious hatred have created an opposition which spans left and right and whose members have found they have more in common with each other than with people on 'their side'.

As Namazie knows, the dispute can't stay in the background for much longer. There's an almighty smash-up coming and not before time.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #5 - September 27, 2015, 11:18 AM

Great link, Moi. Ta.

But "Nick Cohen's a neo-con", so it can safely be ignored.
     Reply #6 - September 27, 2015, 08:39 PM

Typical PC of universities. One can not talk about certain subjects lest it offend people. Let just flip this around. I am offended by the idea that I can not hear a speaker that may offend other people since she criticizes their religion. The alternative anyone can use is to not go to the event or listen to her.
     Reply #7 - September 27, 2015, 09:05 PM

We want to assure everyone of Warwick Students' Union's continued commitment to free speech. We also want to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone who has expressed concern, or disappointment, or who has been hurt by this significant error and, as we said above, we will be issuing a full and unequivocal apology to Maryam Namazie.

Warwick SU to host Maryam Namazie as an External Speaker

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #8 - September 27, 2015, 09:29 PM

Hmmmm., I wonder how that Maahwish Mirza is doing? Is she Ok with the reversal this decision by the warwick student union?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsgAf8rQ3N0

Reply #9 - September 28, 2015, 12:29 PM

Riddle me this one: at what point was the "anti-corporate" political left bought and sold off by the corporation of theocratic speech bullying?

The Warwick incident is the latest in a long line of overly censorious actions by universities and students’ unions. Other incidents in recent years include UCL Union banning a ‘Jesus and Mo’ cartoon from appearing on a UCL AHS Facebook event poster; a talk by an anti-sharia activist at Queen Mary AHS being cancelled as a result of death threats; Reading University AHS being ejected by their Union from their freshers’ fair as a result of a pineapple being labelled ‘Mohammed’; LSE AHS being threatened with ejection from their freshers’ fair by their Union and University if they did not cover up Jesus and Mo t-shirts; and London South Bank AHS having posters taken down by their Union that featured the flying spaghetti monster.

https://humanism.org.uk/2015/09/27/warwick-students-union-reverses-decision-to-ban-human-rights-activist-from-speaking/

"Belief can blunt human reason and common sense, even in learned scholars. What is needed is more impartial study." - Ali Dashti

https://certainlydoubtful1.wordpress.com/

https://twitter.com/certainlydoubt1
     Reply #10 - October 07, 2015, 08:32 AM

Maryam being blocked by the Student Union got a mention on Real Time with Bill Maher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvvQJ_zsL1U

Reply #11 - October 28, 2015, 11:52 AM

I'm going. If you see me there, make sure you say hello Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #12 - November 07, 2015, 12:01 PM

Maryam Namazie's talk at Warwick: http://freethoughtblogs.com/maryamnamazie/2015/11/05/warwick-tcd/#more-6815
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7EZzgTNtbzk&ebc=ANyPxKqKpwUIK6R3mlbHrM4ikjsjzyyFOTS_1SplQbtYDU8UAxg-7cPG5nabsLhLoscYTQfY7cFd
     Reply #13 - December 01, 2015, 11:42 AM

Maryam Namazie at Goldsmiths: http://freethoughtblogs.com/maryamnamazie/2015/12/01/goldsmith-isoc/
     Reply #14 - December 01, 2015, 01:40 PM

zeca that link is tooo  big.. let me put just youtube link

Hmm, let me also   ALSO EXPOSE HER TAQIYYA.,  the way Mr. Spencer et al .. AMRIKA POLITICAL PUNDIT exposed her as  HATER OF POMEGRANATE JUICE  through  number of his articles  at his website.. such as

Damn ......also  from other side

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/marginoferr/2014/11/24/maryam-namazie-gives-predictable-reply-to-my-piece/

‘Whataboutery’: The Fail-Safe of Islamophobes

http://iranian.com/PeyvandKhorsandi/2004/February/Namazie/

http://www.leninology.co.uk/2006/03/behead-those-who-insult-voltaire-tiny.html

Take a look to your right. The person holding up that placard with the Danish cartoons on them is an associate of the hysterical Islamophobe, Maryam Namazie, who has described the Muslim hijab as "comparable to the Star of David pinned on Jews by the Nazis to segregate, control, repress and to commit genocide". There was a bit of a frisson when it turned out that someone (possibly one of the Nazis present) had complained about his conduct and he'd been taken aside for a word with the filth. Namazie loudly exclaimed into the mic that it was because of his placard, and so they insisted on holding it up for photos and urging people to pass it around. The police scowled. I overheard a couple of them gossiping: "it's got fuck all to do with that". Anyway, this martyr for free speech was soon back in the crowd, possibly hugging his home-made placard.

Well Maryam has all sorts of phobias and she is indeed hysterical Islamophobe.,

She has Islamophobia... She has Juice Phobia.. She has AMRIKA phobia.. rat phobia ??   So every side throws a stone at her.,  

Now let me also throw a stone at her.. I think she especially has POMEGRANATE JUICE phobia., She hates  POMEGRANATE JUICE.. I wonder whether herself is a descendant of Iranian Jewish folks .. Cheesy

And other problem I have with that tube is ., She is reading.. why?? she is such a fluent speaker  she doesn't need to read., I agree it is an hour or so talk but  still she could have had talk cards  in hand instead of pages..

well let me read Elizabeth Farrelly on what she wrote about  Maryam  Namazie Keeping quiet allows intolerance to thrive_

That Maryam  Namazie speech  was really good one..  

Reply #15 - December 02, 2015, 12:13 AM

Ex-Muslims give reasons they left the faith, using a hashtag

Ex-Muslims are using a hashtag, #ExMuslimBecause, to tell why they have left the faith.
    The Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain started the tag, saying it wanted to defend people's right to leave Islam and criticise it without fear or intimidation.  But many Muslims are taking issue, saying that the hashtag is "hateful," and being used as an excuse for Muslim-bashing at a time of increasing fear of Islamophobia.

Reporter: Anne-Marie Tomchak
    Video journalist: Greg Brosnan

click and watch it,,

Reply #16 - December 02, 2015, 08:10 AM

I think I have a crush on Maryam Namazie.

She knows when people are playing games in debates, and I love that.

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
     Reply #17 - December 02, 2015, 05:42 PM

Solidarity *against* the feminist victim of male silencing tactics. That’s… unconventional.  https://twitter.com/goldfemsoc/status/672054097164509185

Reply #18 - December 02, 2015, 06:59 PM

Fucking imbeciles.

Reply #19 - December 02, 2015, 08:20 PM

Anyone seen that PowerPuff Girls episode, where Animal Rights activists try to protect the villain MoJo JoJo from the heroes because he's an animal? He exploits this to its full potential and then proceeds to destroy the town, since no one was able to stop him.

Over-simplistic, but it seems apt an analogy.
     Reply #20 - December 02, 2015, 09:31 PM

A response to Goldsmiths FemSoc: https://mobile.twitter.com/reimaginingme/status/672135320142508033/photo/1
     Reply #21 - December 03, 2015, 12:20 PM

Maryam Namazie at Goldsmiths
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ZiZdz5nao&feature=youtu.be
     Reply #22 - December 03, 2015, 12:40 PM

PATHETIC IDIOTS....  If I am the god i will forcefully ask my assistant god  to clean shave the rascals in that front row.

Can't they listen .. keep quite for some time.. tape what she is saying and and WRITE AGAINST  WHAT SHE IS SAYING IN THE PRESS....  instead of disrupting the meeting??

Reply #23 - December 03, 2015, 01:40 PM

I think I have a crush on Maryam Namazie.

This is not an uncommon thing.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #24 - December 03, 2015, 01:49 PM

And yeah, lol at that "feminist society".  Cheesy

I think we can and ought to go "big" with the shaming of them for their support. Their interpretation of feminism here is quite honestly ludicrous and ought to be shown as such.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #25 - December 03, 2015, 02:41 PM

In celebration of discovering feminism, Caitlin Moran, and chips with curry sauce

Reply #26 - December 03, 2015, 02:45 PM

It was so hard to watch all this.  Cry

Check at 1:20:50 time:

The girl with green hijab: You said that with religion being in control you cannot live freely. I say, if you have real religion in control you can live freely. .... This(religion in KSA and Iran) is not real Islam, this is not real religion. These are 2 countries out of 47. There are other countries like Malaysia... This is not real religion in power.
    Maryam: What is the real religion in power? You can have some examples of countries ...
    The girl: Honestly..., I don't see any country in the world following real Islam... grin12

Why I have the feeling that what this girl think is the real Islamic state, is some kind of Caliphate?  

Also
     Reply #27 - December 03, 2015, 02:50 PM

It was so hard to watch all this.  Cry

Check at 1:20:50 time:

The girl with green hijabi: You said that with religion being in control you cannot live freely. I say, if you have real religion in control you can live freely. .... This(religion in KSA and Iran) is not real Islam, this is not real religion. These are 2 countries out of 47. There are other countries like Malaysia... This is not real religion in power.
    Maryam: What is the real religion in power? You can have some examples of countries ...
    The girl: Honestly..., I don't see any country in the world following real Islam... grin12

Why I have the feeling that what this girl think is the real Islamic state is some kind of Caliphate?  

Also

it will be nice to publish all in written "what she said-what bearded baboons said and what Islamic  hijabis said.."

but Maryam Namazie  is a CROOKED EX-MUSLIM

Oh Sorry that is from  CROOKED  MUSLIM

Reply #28 - December 03, 2015, 03:04 PM

Angry at their behaviour (though not surprised... bullying seems to be a tactic to silence dissent, as what happened to Ayaan Hirsi Ali when there was a petition against her), but feeling encouraged by the girl who stood up to those bullies in the video.
     Reply #29 - December 03, 2015, 03:11 PM

Also, that student is wrong - anti-semeticism didn't start in Europe. I hope she wasn't taking the "no, don't slander Arab Muslims!!" stance when she said that.
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »