Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: BRUTAL ROGUES kill a fellow rationalist who questions their stupidity

(Read 1383 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • BRUTAL ROGUES kill a fellow rationalist who questions their stupidity
     OP - September 02, 2015, 01:13 PM

BRUTAL ROGUES.. THE FAITH HEADS  kill a fellow rationalist who questions their stupidity

So the news shocked me  and first  I read that in that Arab news.com and it is true..

BANGALORE, India: Indian scholars on Monday condemned the execution-style killing of a leading scholar who had spoken out against idol worship and angered hard-line Hindu groups in the run-up to his death.

M.M. Kalburgi, an academic and writer from southern Karnataka state, was shot in the forehead after opening the door of his home on Sunday morning and later died in hospital, police said.
    The motive for the killing is unknown, but Kalburgi, who was 77, had been given police protection in the past after receiving death threats from Hindu hard-liners.

“Security cover was withdrawn last year on Kalburgi’s insistence, as he wanted to be accessible by anyone being a public figure and popular in literary and social circles,” Karnataka additional director general of police Alok Mohan told AFP.

Kalburgi, who taught at Kannada University in Karnataka, regularly spoke out against superstitions and had questioned the worth of idol worship by Hindus, who form the majority in deeply religious India.
    Writers and scholars expressed outrage as they gathered in the state’s literary heartland of Dharwad on Monday for his funeral as well as in the state capital Bangalore.

“He was known to create controversies and make sharp observations against certain practices and beliefs which he thought were superstitious,” actor and playright Girish Karnad told reporters.
    “Everyone has a right to have his opinion. You can agree, disagree with him and we have a democracy where people can speak out,” he also told the NDTV network.

Baraguru Ramachandrappa, who like Kalburgi wrote in the Kannada language of southern India, said his friend was well known for “criticizing certain practices and beliefs.”“Even if people differed with him and his ideology, killing him is not acceptable,” Ramachandrappa said.

Dharwad police commissioner Ravindra Prasad said police were studying CCTV footage that showed “two youths moving on a motorbike” away from the house after the murder. Kalburgi’s killing sparked protests in the town on Sunday, with colleagues calling for justice and the right to freedom of expression.

But it also brought celebration form some hard-line Hindu groups on social media. The killing comes two years after another leading rationalist thinker, Narendra Dabholkar, was shot dead by two gunmen as he was taking his morning walk in the western city of Pune. No one has been convicted of the murder

well another bad day and another sad news...

Dr.   MM Kalburgi  

https://newhumanist.org.uk/articles/4928/indian-rationalist-murdered-at-his-home
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._M._Kalburgi
    http://www.ndtv.com/karnataka-news/ex-vice-chancellor-of-hampi-university-mm-kalburgi-shot-dead-in-dharwad-1212394
    http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/ex-vc-m-m-kalaburgi-who-had-run-ins-with-hardliners-shot/
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-3216275/Renowned-Karnataka-writer-Kalburgi-shot-death-home.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTkLWviIbDk

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• BRUTAL ROGUES kill a fellow rationalist who questions their stupidity
     Reply #1 - September 02, 2015, 05:20 PM

Indian Scholar Who Spoke Out Against Idol Worship Is Shot Dead  says Times  with this picture

Hindu nationalists were angered by his criticism of idol worship

An outspoken Indian rationalist scholar and college professor who had drawn the ire of religious groups for denouncing superstition and idol worship was shot dead by two unidentified assailants at his home in the southern state of Karnataka over the weekend.

M.M. Kalburgi, who was 77 years old, was killed when he was visited by two young men at his residence in the small town of Dharward early on Sunday morning. One of the visitors waited on a motorcycle while the other went up to ring the doorbell, the Indian Express reports, citing eyewitness accounts of the killing. When Kalburgi’s wife appeared at the door, the visitor asked for Kalburgi claiming to be one of his students. “Dr. Kalburgi’s wife left the youth in the hall of the house with her husband and went to the kitchen, when she heard shots fired,” police told the newspaper. The assailants then fled on the motorbike.

THESE FAITH HEAD BRUTAL ROGUES from hindoos pray fucking dogs,cats,rats,snakes.elephants and KILL PEOPLE FOR THEIR FUCKING FAITH

No country for rationalists: why Kannada scholar MM Kalburgi was shot dead

Who killed Dr Malleshappa Kalburgi? ....BBC

Who was Dr. M.M. Kalburgi?.....quora.com

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »