Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Update on Lilyesque

(Read 3657 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Update on Lilyesque
     OP - August 30, 2015, 11:26 PM

Hi guys.

Who's new around here? :p

I'm just writing to inform all those that care that I am doing well after a tough few months. I feel back on an even keel again.

As some of you know, I broke up with my ex-Muslim bf in February and since then it's been tough additional to job searching and the like. I feel like this was the best decision I could have made in my life as everything surrounding it by the end was annoying me, the distance, his personality type, the parent factor amongst others.

I have found myself a temporary supermarket job to get some money in, am getting more responses back from job applications I am making in my area of interest. I also have had time to get used to and put my past to rest purging myself of all the negative feelings and the like surrounding my ex, I feel it was the correct thing to do for my mental health.

Also excitingly have found myself it seems a new partner, who is awesome and makes me happy beyond words, we are so alike with so many similarities in thought patterns and interests. So exciting!

I hope I'm still able to fit in here as and when I pop in, you all are a huge part of my life, I hope I am still and honourary ex-Muslim!
  • Update on Lilyesque
     Reply #1 - August 30, 2015, 11:29 PM

far away hug

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Update on Lilyesque
     Reply #2 - August 30, 2015, 11:30 PM

Thank you Quod!
  • Update on Lilyesque
     Reply #3 - August 30, 2015, 11:49 PM

I sent you a happy birthday message on skype, did you get it?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Update on Lilyesque
     Reply #4 - August 31, 2015, 12:10 AM

Yes I did. Thanks for that!  Smiley
  • Update on Lilyesque
     Reply #5 - August 31, 2015, 01:23 AM

Big hug

Very happy for you in every way. Also happy birthday!

Also more  Big hug , and it feels like you've been gone for forever!

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Update on Lilyesque
     Reply #6 - August 31, 2015, 01:33 AM

Thanks for updating us, Lily. I'm so happy things are starting to look up for you. Don't sweat the wait for a job in your field. It'll come, and working on the side is an excellent move.

Take care of yourself.
  • Update on Lilyesque
     Reply #7 - August 31, 2015, 06:02 AM

Oh Lily. I'm sorry that I didn't ask after you. I just felt after I returned recently that you must have been on some kind of break. I had no idea that so much was going on for you.

It makes sense that you didn't want to be around here whilst dealing with the fallout from the breakup of your last bf. That would definitely have made your recovery harder. And I'm so glad that it sounds like you made the right choice and that things are going so well for you post-Islam.

You will always be one of us. Come back when ready, even if it is just to say hi Smiley

Hi
  • Update on Lilyesque
     Reply #8 - August 31, 2015, 07:25 PM

Welcome back Lily, and thanks for sharing your personal journey with us.  Smiley

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out between you and your ex. From what little I knew it sounded like you were quite hopeful for the future, but it seems like you made the right decision to move on. It can't have been easy. Relationships certainly aren't smooth sailing, but neither should they be a chore and make you feel emotionally drained. Hopefully with time, you will be able to look back fondly on the happier memories you both shared together.

Definitely a good sign that you have met someone who is a more positive influence in your life. I find positivity breeds more positivity, so the fact that you are getting your personal life back on track is a good sign that things will eventually look up in your professional life too. I'm sure you will find a good opening to your career soon, and your are being sensible in using a temp job to keep things going in meantime.

Hope you will continue to contribute to the forum  Afro

• Update on Lilyesque
     Reply #9 - September 01, 2015, 07:59 PM

Welcome back Lily  far away hug
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »