Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Looking for some resources for new vid - LYING DAWAHMEN

(Read 2086 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Looking for some resources for new vid - LYING DAWAHMEN
     OP - August 28, 2015, 11:20 AM

Hi all, I'm making a new (more professional looking) vid with added audio, and I'd like you guys to help with a few resources, please drop in any videos of Islamic apologists telling obvious lies, either contradicting themselves, or  just flat out lying about the content of the Qu'ran, Hadith etc, or lying about science or some such

The point is to try and highlight the use of propaganda and misinformation that goes into indoctrinating people (especially children) with Islam, and the fact that most of the things that people associate with the positive sides of Islam, i.e. kindness to women, 'to you your religion and to me mine', scientific foreknowledge etc, are merely apoligetic tactics

I already have

The subject of WIFE BEATING
    A R Green
    Zakir Naik
    Yusuf Estes
    Mufti Menk

Science
    Zakir Naik
    Estes
    Menk
    A R Green
    Nouman Ali Khan
    Clips from 'Faith School Menace'
    IERA and 'thumma'
    Iera and the embryology paper

Apostasy
    Mehdi Hasan
    The man the Luton? School in Faith School Menace being asked by Dawkins and refusing to answer

And I think thats it so far

So anything else please throw my way, the more the merrier (though prefereably not Zakir Naik, as I already have an entire video on him and his Science bullshit)

Thanks!
     Reply #1 - August 29, 2015, 08:43 AM

There should be a tumbleweed emoticon..

I guess this will have to do  wooferz
     Reply #2 - August 29, 2015, 09:51 AM

sorry cant help, barely watch any videos lately
     Reply #3 - August 29, 2015, 10:10 AM

The point is to try and highlight the use of propaganda and misinformation that goes into indoctrinating people (especially children) with Islam, and the fact that most of the things that people associate with the positive sides of Islam, i.e. kindness to women, 'to you your religion and to me mine', scientific foreknowledge etc, are merely apoligetic tactics

I disagree with the idea for three main reasons. One, it's not necessarily lying to say that the religion doesn't support something. Religions, like the societies that build them, evolve over time. Things that are acceptable now may not be in the future, and things that were in the past are not now, and it's possible to read a thing--especially a vague one--to have many different meanings. Even within the texts, the ideas evolve over time. For example, in the Islamic texts the prohibition on alcohol gets progressively more strict. Or maybe less strict, if you don't accept the traditional Islamic understanding of the progression of the verses lol.

Two, reformists shouldn't be demonized for reforming. Most of them are genuinely good people who genuinely want to improve the world and think that this is the best way to do that. They're not necessarily wrong. The majority of the population will probably want to believe in some sort of benevolent power for the foreseeable future, whether or not they subscribe to a particular religion. So preaching messages about the higher power being benevolent may help people, even if they're not Muslims, be happier.

Three, the people this type of work will appeal the most to are people who want to grab onto any opportunity to demonize and dehumanize Muslims, and I don't think adding fuel to the fire will help the problems of the world in any way.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #4 - August 29, 2015, 10:21 AM

Theres a difference between reformers,i.e. someone like Mazid Nawaz, Ayan Hirsi Ali

And people such as Hamza Tzortzis, who heads up an organisation that publishes outright lies, i.e. the embryonic miracle fiasco, the same with Zakir Naik

There is also a difference between people who deny

Wife beating
    Apostasy laws
    Death for homosexuals
    Marriage to pre-pubescent girls

Exist with in Islamic law and tradition, purely for the purposes of propaganda

And people who acknowledge they do, but stress the need for reform

Noone that I've mentioned in the original post is anything close to a reformist - theres a big difference between lying, and trying to change the Islamic outlook

And the poeple this will appeal to, hopefully is people who listen to the aforementioned preachers who all have a pretty huge following

Reply #5 - August 29, 2015, 10:28 AM

Theres a difference between reformers,i.e. someone like Mazid Nawaz, Ayan Hirsi Ali

>reformers
    >Ayaan Hirsi Ali

>reformers
    >AYAAN HIRSI ALI

>REFORMERS
    >Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #6 - August 29, 2015, 12:03 PM

Well...in all fairness, I would consider her a reformer. She may not be bringing the kind of reformation I'd personally want to get behind, but a reformer nonetheless.

If for no other reason that she's been very successful in terms of getting her message out there. Her books did very well, she was interviewed about the need for reforming Islam (and held herself very well for that interview IIRC) on The Daily Show, which is, frankly, a perfect way to start getting the message across to some of the Western liberal left that there are issues in Islam as it is practiced today, and you don't have to be a right-wing nutjob to agree.

Unfortunately, she can come off as the above, regardless. And she got picked up by the above, regardless. I want to distance myself from her and a lot of the things I know of that she's said in the past, and I'd recommend anyone who is hoping for a more productive and fair style of reformation do the same, but I'd not refuse to call her a reformer, for better or worse.
     Reply #7 - August 29, 2015, 01:29 PM

Well...in all fairness, I would consider her a reformer. .........

........but I'd not refuse to call her a reformer, for better or worse.

Huh! you are really an adamant person ... you are worse than what I thought you are IUA?

lua? what does it stands for? what does it mean lua?  or that nick is just to confuse people??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #8 - August 29, 2015, 01:31 PM

Yeahh, that was a little sloppy.

Want me to change it to iua, Yeez?  Wink
     Reply #9 - August 29, 2015, 01:40 PM

.I already have

The subject of WIFE BEATING
    A R Green
    Zakir Naik
    Yusuf Estes
    Mufti Menk

Science
    Zakir Naik
    Estes
    Menk
    A R Green
    Nouman Ali Khan
    Clips from 'Faith School Menace'
    IERA and 'thumma'
    Iera and the embryology paper

Apostasy
    Mehdi Hasan

So anything else please throw my way, the more the merrier (though prefereably not Zakir Naik, as I already have an entire video on him and his Science bullshit)

Huh! you have collected names of lot of people .. lots of reformers of Islam in your list  Emirates .. So I don't see the names of TORTILLAS .. Hamzas?  where did  they  go?? Well  add some TORTILLAS .. Hamzas.. salsas in to your list...

well my good wishes to you and welcome to CEMB..
    yeezevee

Reply #10 - August 29, 2015, 07:40 PM

Well...in all fairness, I would consider her a reformer. She may not be bringing the kind of reformation I'd personally want to get behind, but a reformer nonetheless.

If for no other reason that she's been very successful in terms of getting her message out there. Her books did very well, she was interviewed about the need for reforming Islam (and held herself very well for that interview IIRC) on The Daily Show, which is, frankly, a perfect way to start getting the message across to some of the Western liberal left that there are issues in Islam as it is practiced today, and you don't have to be a right-wing nutjob to agree.

Unfortunately, she can come off as the above, regardless. And she got picked up by the above, regardless. I want to distance myself from her and a lot of the things I know of that she's said in the past, and I'd recommend anyone who is hoping for a more productive and fair style of reformation do the same, but I'd not refuse to call her a reformer, for better or worse.

In everything I've seen of hers, she seems more interested in throwing Muslims under the bus to make a quick buck and get ahead than she is in actually changing Islam to be more compassionate and treat people better. Add to that that most of her stories about her life as a Muslim are lies, and you get a person doing the opposite of what I described in my comment. Not a person who is interested in helping people out, not a person who is interested in reforming the religion to be more caring, not a person who is interested in making people's lives better, not a person who is interested in helping people in Muslim countries.

This article explains why: http://www.salon.com/2014/04/20/ayaan_hirsi_ali_and_the_dangerous_anti_islamic_logic_of_the_war_on_terror/

The Change.org petition that cost Ali her honorary degree acknowledges the legitimacy of her grievances with Islam, but condemns the “hate speech” through which she expresses them. The petition quotes her as saying:

Violence is inherent in Islam – it’s a destructive, nihilistic cult of death. It legitimates murder … the battle against terrorism will ultimately be lost unless we realize that it’s not just with extremist elements within Islam, but the ideology of Islam itself …

Ali told Reason magazine in 2007, “There are Muslims who are passive, who don’t all follow the rules of Islam, but there’s really only one Islam, defined as submission to the will of God. There’s nothing moderate about it.”

Ali asks the U.S. government to declare war on the Muslim faith. Her “provocative” ideas aren’t less legitimate because they come from the right. They’re less legitimate because they assert that every “true” follower of Islam subscribes to an ideology of terror.

Ali argues that because some of the Quran’s rhetoric legitimates violence, everything associated with the book is poisoned. It seems only fair then, that the students of Brandeis applied the same logic to Ali herself. Because when neoconservatives and Iraq War cheerleaders rise to defend her, they aren’t defending freedom of expression, or the prerogative to call a violent ideology what it is. They are defending the sanctity of their own jihad.

That's not reforming Islam. That's attempting to wipe it out.

Reply #11 - August 29, 2015, 08:26 PM

Yeahh, that was a little sloppy.

Want me to change it to iua, Yeez?  Wink

This article explains why: http://www.salon.com/2014/04/20/ayaan_hirsi_ali_and_the_dangerous_anti_islamic_logic_of_the_war_on_terror/

That's not reforming Islam. That's attempting to wipe it out.

Girls... "girls from usa"  should read more than that salon.com to judge a person.... and all girls of AMRIKA should watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISKOyxLdvBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeju2SG7UMA

hmm.,  yes,  well they are happy and I am happy..  everyone will be happy if TajMahal/Trumpmahal becomes white house..

Huh! I wonder whether she needs a nose job??

Reply #12 - August 29, 2015, 08:41 PM

In everything I've seen of hers...

I'm a little worried this is going to turn into a quarrel over semantics. I get the criticisms of her, and, like I said, her style and her brand of reformation is not what I'd like to get behind and not what I think others should get behind. Not interested in discounting her as one of the major players, though.
     Reply #13 - August 29, 2015, 11:55 PM

I heard something about dawahman encouraging an undercover reporter to go to the islamic state. Should be easy to google if it's true.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »