Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Harder than I though

(Read 3517 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Harder than I though
     OP - August 26, 2015, 02:54 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm an originally western lady who converted to Islam 5 years ago. Before that I learned about the religion at university, mainly in philosophy subjects and so on. I got interested in it, and converted when I moved for studies to a country with a majority of muslims. I'm a perfectionist in a way that I paralyze myself to do any kind of action, so the idea of submission sounded very appealing.
    It wasn't very long untill I was struck by the harsh reality of the ummah. Where I expected to find peace, suddenly after I did shahadat I didn't find the peacefull Islam as promised by the 'marketing-campaign', but a lack of 'customer service'. No one was ready to help me out with anything, but everyone seemed to be more than ready to judge me for everything I did wrong. I felt like they put me on a pedestal only to knock me down as soon as possible, while I just wanted to have a religion in peace.

In the end I couldn't handle it anymore and wondered why I had chosen Islam in the first place. I decided to leave. I wanted to leave quietly, but I kept running into problems since I still live in this country surrounded by muslims. So I thought this might be a good place to go for sharing  Smiley
  • Harder than I though
     Reply #1 - August 26, 2015, 03:03 PM

Welcome to the forum Wulandari, have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Harder than I though
     Reply #2 - August 26, 2015, 03:13 PM

Welcome parrot
  • Harder than I though
     Reply #3 - August 26, 2015, 03:16 PM

Welcome   parrot

• Harder than I though
     Reply #4 - August 26, 2015, 03:21 PM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Harder than I though
     Reply #5 - August 26, 2015, 03:43 PM

Welcome
  • Harder than I though
     Reply #6 - August 28, 2015, 01:32 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm an originally western lady who converted to Islam 5 years ago. Before that I learned about the religion at university, mainly in philosophy subjects and so on. I got interested in it, and converted when I moved for studies to a country with a majority of muslims. I'm a perfectionist in a way that I paralyze myself to do any kind of action, so the idea of submission sounded very appealing.
    It wasn't very long untill I was struck by the harsh reality of the ummah. Where I expected to find peace, suddenly after I did shahadat I didn't find the peacefull Islam as promised by the 'marketing-campaign', but a lack of 'customer service'. No one was ready to help me out with anything, but everyone seemed to be more than ready to judge me for everything I did wrong. I felt like they put me on a pedestal only to knock me down as soon as possible, while I just wanted to have a religion in peace.

In the end I couldn't handle it anymore and wondered why I had chosen Islam in the first place. I decided to leave. I wanted to leave quietly, but I kept running into problems since I still live in this country surrounded by muslims. So I thought this might be a good place to go for sharing  Smiley

Are you by any chance...
    Indonesian?

• Harder than I though
     Reply #7 - August 28, 2015, 06:24 PM

thnkyu

Thanks for your post because you had the same impression as me for Muslims although I was born a Muslim not converted.
    They are very hypocrite and big liars. Their only devotion and loyalty is Money.
    They are claiming that they are the most pious and God is very satisfied with them because they are the Chosen.
    Taking advantage of religion and others, deception and hypocrisy are the symptoms  of Muslims.
    Thanks again because I am not alone in this world.
  • Harder than I though
     Reply #8 - August 28, 2015, 08:13 PM

Here's your welcoming arnoob, let it him show you the dance of our people.  bunny

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Harder than I though
     Reply #9 - August 29, 2015, 12:54 AM

parrot
    Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Harder than I though
     Reply #10 - August 29, 2015, 08:40 AM

Welcome wulandari!  parrot

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Harder than I though
     Reply #11 - August 29, 2015, 10:11 PM

Welcome  parrot

I hope you'll find a way out of the country.
  • Harder than I though
     Reply #12 - September 01, 2015, 01:18 PM

Thanks for all the parrots! I should think about buying some cages to house them :-S

@Indostic I'm not originally Indonesian, but I've been living here for a couple of years doing research to the local culture. I'm afraid I can't leave the country yet, and it's not the whole country I have a problem with. I actually don't have a problem with most people, but I can't help to see there is nothing what makes muslims better than non-muslims, which got me doubting. And the use of Islam for doing 'unislamic thing'. I've seriously seen couples who said they were very Islamic, 'solving' their marital problems by just walking into their room to recite Qur'an to get some pahala and ignore their husband at the same time. Though somewhere I do admire that, it's a nice Islamic way of telling your husband to go to hell while trying to make sure you go to heaven?
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »