Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: A letter to Ali Sina

(Read 15865 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #90 - September 01, 2015, 07:59 PM

^You didn't spin around three times and tap your feet together afterwards, shaikh. That part's important.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #91 - September 01, 2015, 07:59 PM

But you seem like a pretty decent dude and I couldn’t see you hurting people because of your personal convictions, apart from inflicting numerous face-palm moments, so I suppose there really is no harm done.

Lol Afro grin12
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #92 - September 01, 2015, 08:00 PM

^You didn't spin around three times and tap your feet together afterwards, shaikh. That part's important.

Damn!
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #93 - September 01, 2015, 08:57 PM

Sorry to hear about your son and daughter. I have sons and daughters myself. I have a sister who is long term mentally ill. I've been through some difficult times some near death (not nde) and I'm gonna go though some more. Most was before I fully converted to Islam.

So many times I prayed to God for a cure for my sister or for him to end it for her when situations were real bad. Now I still pray for her cure. I selfishly want to her to live longer. It doesn't matter if she ends up dying without being cured what matters to me is that I the trust in God. I KNOW God can make it all better in an instant like he did for the prophet Job. But even though I know my sister hasn't had any life like we have had, as in getting married and having proper family time and enjoying some of the things we take for granted, I know that she is from the lucky ones. Her passage on the Day of Judgement will be easy. What seems like a life time of misery and pain will be like a day or half a day of trouble. She'll be fine in the hereafter. Does this take away the pain and sadness for me? No it doesn't I still feel it. I am supposed to feel like this. It's not something that I can switch off regardless of how great I think the hereafter will be for her or me. Only God can switch it off and most likely he's not going to do it. I have to embrace it.

I realised that I spent most of my life questioning God about all this. The needless suffering and why he's not helping when he clearly says in the Quran that we should call on him for help. What's the point on calling on you for help when you won't do it and on top of that you let all this happen to me in the first place, I would pray to God. And then I remember Mohammed a prophet of God. God chooses an orphan as a messenger to go and preach revelation. And when things get difficult for him he let's his wife die so he has even less support. On top of that he gives him kids and then let's some of them die. Is this how God helps his most favoured humans out of all of mankind by giving them grief after grief? It's bit like telling them to walk then breaking their legs and then when they are crawling breaking their arms. Yet you are still meant to keep going.

Mohammed died in poverty after so much grief during his life. First an orphan then a widower then some of his children died and his followers weren't the most loyal or supportive. What was all the pain and suffering for? The prophet was a just a man, hi todays soul was changed. He demonstrated how much trust he had in God. He went through all of it whether he liked it or not. He proved his trust in God. On the Day of Judgement no one will be able to say he had an unfair advantage or that he had it easy. The vast majority of muslims have it way too easy and what are they doing? Spending their time and wealth on vanity.

What are the believers doing today? They are suffering and striving in the name of God. Their time is preoccupied with learning the truth and caring for their loved ones and the needy. They are demonstrating what is in their hearts.

Do you want the easy life where everything falls into place and you feel no pain and suffering? Will it make you a better person? Someone who is caring and compassionate and patient in adversity? I don't think it will. We forget that when we were little we had no idea of the amount of pain and suffering we could go through which is caused by those who are close to us. Whether it's our kids or spouses or parents or other people. It's only emotional pain. There's nothing physical. Yet it's so powerful. This is how it's meant to be. It's not something we can control. It's something we need to accept and embrace and let it bring out the best in us.

Do we not feel so much admiration for those who selflessly take care of the disabled and elderly all with a smile on their faces? Those are the types of people God loves. If God didn't put the disabled and needy on earth how would we show our selflessness our compassion and love?

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #94 - September 01, 2015, 09:06 PM

I'm happy for you.

Can you understand and appreciate that most of us don't have this certainty - through no fault of our own.

Yes. I've been there. I think only God can help because before I truly believed the muslims were citing the same kind of evidence which is clear to me now. It's just that when they were saying it it never made sense and I never believed them. To me they were simply blindly believing in the evidence. Like saying the trees and plants and animals and all of the things we see is created by God. But then I had the dilemma that if everything is created by God then how do tell what isn't created by God. How do I tell the difference? I'm not one to just blindly believe. I'd be dishonest to myself. On top of that evolution explained origin of the animals so I knew that all of life was natural...or so I thought until I actually studied evolution properly.

For me, having doubts and always questioning things is the way to go. We need to make sure our understanding is correct and that we haven't blindly followed things.

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #95 - September 01, 2015, 09:06 PM

Wa aqqim as Salaah

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jvCY7mUXM4w
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #96 - September 01, 2015, 09:11 PM

It’s ok man. I’ve honestly had this discussion countless times before. The thing that keeps me from claiming certainty in my own convictions myself is because of the amount of times I’ve witnessed people of all persuasions and delusions declaring how they “know” things that they can’t possibly know, simply because they are convinced by their own personal reasoning. We all do it, I suppose.

I honestly pray (figurative usage) that you never lose your certainty. It has its benefits, even when you are wrong.  

But you seem like a pretty decent dude and I couldn’t see you hurting people because of your personal convictions, apart from inflicting numerous face-palm moments, so I suppose there really is no harm done.

Thanks.

I've given up on persuading my family and friends. It's their life. I'm not the one to guide them. All I can do is explain my reasoning and understanding. I find it funny now how they used first hint that they didn't want to me to proselytize then they just bluntly said it when I didn't get the hints. Anyway I've learnt proselytizing is wrong the hard way.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #97 - September 01, 2015, 09:27 PM

Hassan and CallMe Ted :

far away hug

Hi
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #98 - September 01, 2015, 09:53 PM

far away hug
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #99 - September 01, 2015, 10:19 PM

Sorry to hear about your son and daughter. I have sons and daughters myself. I have a sister who is long term mentally ill. I've been through some difficult times some near death (not nde) and I'm gonna go though some more. Most was before I fully converted to Islam.

So many times I prayed to God for a cure for my sister or for him to end it for her when situations were real bad. Now I still pray for her cure. I selfishly want to her to live longer. It doesn't matter if she ends up dying without being cured what matters to me is that I the trust in God. I KNOW God can make it all better in an instant like he did for the prophet Job. But even though I know my sister hasn't had any life like we have had, as in getting married and having proper family time and enjoying some of the things we take for granted, I know that she is from the lucky ones. Her passage on the Day of Judgement will be easy. What seems like a life time of misery and pain will be like a day or half a day of trouble. She'll be fine in the hereafter. Does this take away the pain and sadness for me? No it doesn't I still feel it. I am supposed to feel like this. It's not something that I can switch off regardless of how great I think the hereafter will be for her or me. Only God can switch it off and most likely he's not going to do it. I have to embrace it.

I realised that I spent most of my life questioning God about all this. The needless suffering and why he's not helping when he clearly says in the Quran that we should call on him for help. What's the point on calling on you for help when you won't do it and on top of that you let all this happen to me in the first place, I would pray to God. And then I remember Mohammed a prophet of God. God chooses an orphan as a messenger to go and preach revelation. And when things get difficult for him he let's his wife die so he has even less support. On top of that he gives him kids and then let's some of them die. Is this how God helps his most favoured humans out of all of mankind by giving them grief after grief? It's bit like telling them to walk then breaking their legs and then when they are crawling breaking their arms. Yet you are still meant to keep going.

Mohammed died in poverty after so much grief during his life. First an orphan then a widower then some of his children died and his followers weren't the most loyal or supportive. What was all the pain and suffering for? The prophet was a just a man, hi todays soul was changed. He demonstrated how much trust he had in God. He went through all of it whether he liked it or not. He proved his trust in God. On the Day of Judgement no one will be able to say he had an unfair advantage or that he had it easy. The vast majority of muslims have it way too easy and what are they doing? Spending their time and wealth on vanity.

What are the believers doing today? They are suffering and striving in the name of God. Their time is preoccupied with learning the truth and caring for their loved ones and the needy. They are demonstrating what is in their hearts.

Do you want the easy life where everything falls into place and you feel no pain and suffering? Will it make you a better person? Someone who is caring and compassionate and patient in adversity? I don't think it will. We forget that when we were little we had no idea of the amount of pain and suffering we could go through which is caused by those who are close to us. Whether it's our kids or spouses or parents or other people. It's only emotional pain. There's nothing physical. Yet it's so powerful. This is how it's meant to be. It's not something we can control. It's something we need to accept and embrace and let it bring out the best in us.

Do we not feel so much admiration for those who selflessly take care of the disabled and elderly all with a smile on their faces? Those are the types of people God loves. If God didn't put the disabled and needy on earth how would we show our selflessness our compassion and love?

And if we fail this test? If we fail to bear the pain patiently? If we fall to our knees cursing the heavens with our child in our arms - what then?

Sorry but God can shove this stupid test right up his holy arse!
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #100 - September 01, 2015, 10:40 PM

It's strange how we develop such strong bonds with people in this life and never think why or where it came from. If God wanted to do you think he could not make an even stronger bond between us and him.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #101 - September 01, 2015, 10:42 PM

How's it strange? We've evolved to be social creatures.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #102 - September 01, 2015, 11:05 PM

I'd suggest you take a look at the arguments against evolution and try to understand it more in depth.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #103 - September 01, 2015, 11:18 PM

Right, because surely it must be my lack of understanding, not that I understand the arguments against and see them for the bollocks they are. So you're going to ignore the question and the point about us being social creatures?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #104 - September 01, 2015, 11:36 PM

CallMeTed  says.....

So many times I prayed to God for a cure for my sister or for him to end it for her when situations were real bad. Now I still pray for her cure. I selfishly want to her to live longer. It doesn't matter if she ends up dying without being cured what matters to me is that I the trust in God. I KNOW God can make it all better in an instant like he did for the prophet Job. But even though I know my sister hasn't had any life like we have had, as in getting married and having proper family time and enjoying some of the things we take for granted, I know that she is from the lucky ones. Her passage on the Day of Judgement will be easy. What seems like a life time of misery and pain will be like a day or half a day of trouble. She'll be fine in the hereafter. ................

And Hassan Responds with

Sorry but God can shove this stupid test right up his holy arse!

My goodness gracious .... in very few posts I read angry Hassan.. lol..

Ted... Ted..I am sorry to know the problems of your sister BUT YOUR GOD IS A MERCILESS FOOL  and you are better than your god.

Ted, your god will NOT solve any problems  of anyone any living thing on this earth. no god has ever solved any problems since the beginning of times.

It is we the people that  includes  you who will help and will find cure for such debilitating illnesses.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i3mX0YRrjM

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #105 - September 01, 2015, 11:49 PM

Thanks.

Like i said before. They are blessed.  It's us that we need to worry about.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #106 - September 01, 2015, 11:56 PM

Thanks.

You are welcome Ted and again don't ever forget "That you are better than   your god that is   sitting in your brain"

Like i said before. They are blessed.  It's us that we need to worry about.

Nope..  sorry,.,,   they are NOT blessed ..

and it is we that we need to worry about them.. take the responsibility of unfortunate  and  take the responsibility of ourselves and our actions..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AH74bbcq3M

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #107 - September 02, 2015, 06:57 AM

Right, because surely it must be my lack of understanding, not that I understand the arguments against and see them for the bollocks they are. So you're going to ignore the question and the point about us being social creatures?

Sorry but you don't even know the scientific definition of evolution.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #108 - September 02, 2015, 07:01 AM

Well that's just an outright lie. I spelled it out for you on the one on one thread.

So I see you're still ignoring my question on if we're ever going to talk about the religious texts or what on Earth anything said so far has to do with evidence for god.

Evolution is the development of something, a process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms. Defining evolution as changes taking place over time is precisely what evolution is. It couldn't be defined better. I can only assume you feel it's not precise enough, or clear enough (I don't know how I could define evolution more precisely or clearly than that) because you have a specific type of evolution in mind you want to discuss.

Also still no comment on this:

So you're going to ignore the question and the point about us being social creatures?

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #109 - September 02, 2015, 08:45 AM

Ted you don't need to be sorry and you don't need to write nonsense ... such as  "Darling"

Let me certify to you and to your god that

QSD is way smarter than you and your god in your brain... .......yeezevee

And please realize even definition of evolution is evolving with time..  the only thing that is stagnated is faith of faith heads like you and the  brain of faith  heads w.r.t their faith.

But that is ok., That freedom everyone should have... I will fight for your freedom..

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #110 - September 02, 2015, 09:25 AM

Thanks darling.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #111 - September 02, 2015, 09:27 AM

Well that's just an outright lie. I spelled it out for you on the one on one thread.

Also still no comment on this:

That is not a scientific definition of evolution. I should not have to tell you that.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #112 - September 02, 2015, 09:32 AM

Thanks darling.

Ted are you a Gay or a girl?? ..

any ways you are welcome darling...

and take care of your sister...

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #113 - September 02, 2015, 12:05 PM

Sorry but your approach is that of a coward who is complicit in allowing oppressors a free hand.

The Christian Way:

Romans 13

1. Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God.

2. Therefore whoever resists authority resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgement.

3. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #114 - September 02, 2015, 01:19 PM

The Christian Way:

Romans 13

1. Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God.

2. Therefore whoever resists authority resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgement.

3. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad.

Yet Christians somehow managed to rebel repeatedly against authority.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #115 - September 02, 2015, 01:57 PM

That is due to interpreting God's support via their religious bias. If a government is strong then it has God's support, if not God' support has been withdrawn.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #116 - September 02, 2015, 02:41 PM

Evolution is what happens when my Charmander evolves into a Charmeleon. That's MY definition, and I'm sticking to it!  nyanya

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #117 - September 02, 2015, 03:10 PM

That is due to interpreting God's support via their religious bias. If a government is strong then it has God's support, if not God' support has been withdrawn.

Not sure the history of ideas bears this out.

(Not that I know anything about the history of ideas.)
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #118 - September 02, 2015, 09:54 PM

That is not a scientific definition of evolution. I should not have to tell you that.

And again you don't give an argument, just make a claim.

Also:

So you're going to ignore the question and the point about us being social creatures?

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #119 - September 02, 2015, 10:15 PM

Lol.

a) Google it.
    b) How do you explain us being social creatures from the molecular level? After all we are only the product of molecular interactions so do you consider it absolutely that natural that molecules naturally form cells which then naturally communicate with each other which then naturally produce what we call behaviour and then we have a certain type of behaviour which we call social?
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »