Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: A letter to Ali Sina

(Read 15858 times)
  • 12 3 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     OP - August 26, 2015, 07:14 AM

.Ali sina is my idol. This man thrill and fascinate me with his intellectual writings. I’m a regular reader of his faithfreedom site. Once at a desperate time, I sent him an email which he really replied. He was so….. (Emotion takes over). Since I don’t have his permission to post his caring reply, I would rather post my own email.  I actually wrote the email out of desperation, just at the following day after being physically violated by a bunch of Muslims in a sacred mosque. Hope you have the patience to read it all and take things positively. Thank you.
    Note: Just the very day I sent him this email another online activist named Niladry Chattapaddhay was killed in Bangladesh in similar fashion to make it 5 in a row.

Hello  Ali sina. . .
    I am Dr. Ovi, from Bangladesh. 
     You probably never heard the name of this country before. Well, It’s a South Asian secular country currently consumed by fundamentalism and Islamic fanaticism. Speaking against Islam in public is a death wish here. Even without speaking you may get killed for typing. There already 4  bloggers who have been killed in broad day light for debunking Islam in their blogs, namely Rajib Haider, Washikur babu, Avijit Roy, And Ananta Bijay Das. The fourth one actually died front of my eyes. At that morning I saw him chased by four masked man with machetes. I didn’t saw them actually killing him but I saw those people chasing him into a gully where he was killed. I can’t recognize 3 chasers but for the 4th one I can tell him even from a distance. He was fat, with strange locomotion. While running his right hand goes front with right leg and vice versa. In normal human you will find quite the opposite.

That was the event that literally pushed me out of Islam. But it is not the only cause. I had lots of doubtful questions right from my childhood of which I never find proper answer. Being born in a fanatic Muslim family sometimes I was physically abused for asking those heretical questions. My dad is attached to Jamat Islami Bangladesh. A fanatic Islamic political party that is committed to reinstall Sariah low in Bangladesh. Let me introduce the level of bigotry in my family with one incident. The following day Ananta Bijay Das was killed, I returned home and found my parents lamenting upon a headline on the newspaper that says another atheist blogger being killed in our locality. Their lamentation was not about his death, but because they weren’t the one to claim his life!
    Imagine my situation after that day. My own parents are ardent to kill a person who hold exact similar believe of mine! In fact he had to die for simply not believing! It was like thunderstruck! I was obviously scared, they might kill me if they know I’m an atheist. And I still am.

I don’t think the death of Ananta went in vain. He lives in me and many others whom he inspired to become a rationalist. I spent 23 years of my life trying to deceive myself. I was trying to believe which I knew rationally unbelievable. I lost my faith a long long time ago, I stopped praying 5 times, or fasting at Ramadan. But somehow still managed to clench on Islam with a blind hand. Credit goes to my childhood indoctrination and force feeding of theology. I used to tell me, there’s not a single mistake in Quran. Even modern science has proven it’s authenticity. However there are very few unexplained fact which will surely be discovered in near future. I was told Einstein’s relativity theory and Stephen Hawkins’s big bang theory is actually based on Quranic verses and the incident of Miraj (Mohammed’s imaginary trip to Allah). As a kid I actually believed all those since I didn’t have any other source to learn the truth. But things started to change when I admitted to DVM course in Sylhet Agricultural University. Being a vet I came across this verse
    “He is created from a drop emitted proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs.” Quran 86:6-7
    As a vet student I knew that drop has to be semen and semen have no relation with backbone or ribs. Sperm is originated from seminiferous tubules of testes that lies in scrotum and seminal plasma comes from accessory sex glands that lies in pelvic cavity. There’s no relation with backbone or ribs. A clear cut mistake.
    Since I found one flaw I searched the internet for more. There I found a website wikiislam.net which enlisted hundreds of scientific errors in Quran and Hadith. Watching them, the edifice of my belief was totally pulverized. There was nothing to hold on. But still I kept on imagining, those mistake might be some kind of metaphor and probably some day a Islamic scholar like Zakir Nayek can explain them rationally to dissuade my faith. I was a bird that was just freed from the cage but too scared to fly for the first time. And there comes the murder of Ananta. It was one hell of a push that threw me off the cliff and I started to fly!!! I still can remember that day, It was 14th of May this year, when I returned to dormitory and stood front of the mirror during shower and told to myself, “I’m not a Muslim, not anymore.” And it feels like freedom from religious prison after 23 long years of incarceration. I feel the horror of hell, lust for heaven, fear of Allah, insanity of Mohammed, all are washed away. It was the shower of my lifetime. It was a complete rebirth as a human (earlier I used to be a Muslim, which I would like to consider as a bipedal humanoid rather than a human being). You’re an apostate, and I think this feeling is not unknown to you.

At the later phase of May I had to return to my home since the dormitory being closed up for summer vacation. Returning home probably the thing other peoples crave for but for me it was a terror. I had to pretend to be a good Muslim in front of my family otherwise I might get killed. Thankfully I got some spinal problem and doctor suggested me a complete bed rest. That gave me temporary relief from attending prayers in mosque but at home I had to pray 5 times even though laying flat on the bed and being unable to rise! My mom is very strict with this prayer stuffs. Her notion was without prayer you can’t be a Muslim and non-Muslims can’t be a part of her family.

Likely I came round and successfully returned to university to attend the final exam. Now I’m working as an intern vet and my posting keeps me away from my family and their bigotry.

Since I left Islam, I was astonished to see that many people being blindfolded by that religious insanity! I was a little bit upset with myself too, why the hell I took 23 long years to renounce that bullshit. I wasn’t smart enough to leave it right when I was rebuked for the first time for asking simple rational question instead of being properly answered. That was the time I realize the value of those silly questions that used to arise in the mind of a silly little kid. I understand, same questions arise in the mind of every single kid of Muslim parents before they are assimilated to Islam by insidious indoctrination. So I try to compile those questions in a written form which not only explain the reasons behind my apostasy but also can be an effective mean to save other kids from Islam. As kids are indoctrinated to Islam they eventually loss their mental ability to ask. They loss their critical thinking which they inherited with birth as a human being. I wanted to ignite that fire of which Islam always been so afraid of, The fire of Question! A conflagration that would roast Islam and enlighten the whole world.
     Since I started cogitating to revive those questions, I found it extremely difficult to recall those long gone childhood memories. Many of those questions, after being subdued by harsh snubs at childhood, are permanently eroded from my memory. But there are still enough left in the tank.  I also tried to record some common hateful treacherous words that is instilled in my mind as a kid and vindicate their insubstantiality in my writing. Kids of Muslim parents are often introduced to a hostile world that apparently always tries to annihilate their religious belief. At first few decade of my life I thought that was true, but as I grow up I discovered the reality. Islam is an outdated medieval brutality that holdfast it’s core and standstill like a solid impediment against the natural flow of amelioration. I wanted those kids to see things straight. When you place a stone on a fountain the entire current will bang against it. In that case stone is the guilty one, not the fountain. But Muslim makes them understand quite the opposite. LGBT movements, feminist movement, Theory of Evolution, anti-terrorist warfare, these all apparently always colliding with Islam, not because of the intriguing non-Muslims (That is what they usually teach their kids) but because Islam is deliberately blocking their ways.
    Being growing up amidst of bigotry, I closely watched those purposeful violation of the innocence of kids by those religious fallacies and it trembled my heart. I desperately wanted to vociferate against them to save other kids around. Especially my younger brother Zarif. My bigot parents are instilling hatred in his innocent heart front of my very eyes. But I just can’t make a move. In this part of world where typing in blogs claim lives, vociferation is a death wish. So I used to keep silent. However I used to run a facebook page from a fake facebook ID that concealed my identity but expressed my speech. And meantime I was writing down those revived question in a systemic form so that someday I can present them in a printed form to our future generation.
    Life was going okey for me as long as I hide my ideology, muted my voice and pretend to be a good Muslim. I never wanted to be in the lime light by publicly opposing Islam in an Islamic country. Man, I don’t have the gut for this. Like I mentioned earlier, it’s a death wish. But last Tuesday  I broke my own rule and spoke out. Not just in any public place, but inside the Mosque!
     Ya, don’t tell me, I know I’m the dumbest people you ever met. But I can explain,

On that afternoon, I was simply passing by a mosque. It was after the Asar prayer (Afternoon prayer). And there was a repast arranged for the musolli (those who said prayer in the mosque). An avid stray dog got inside the mosque to scavenge upon the remainders.  You know dogs are considered unholy in Islam, and their presence in mosque can bring serious consequences. The holly Muslims cornered that poor dog and started to beat it relentlessly with long handled broomstick. I could hear it crying from quite a distance. By the time I rushed to the spot they already fractured it’s femur on left hind leg and radius ulna of right foreleg. It could barely stand on that moment to take the beating. I positioned myself between the infuriated crowd and the dog and politely disarmed them. I never lost my shield of affability, not even for a moment. As the crowd calm down I went to grab that dog out of the mosque and provide some treatment. As a veterinarian it’s my duty to do so. But as I approached, that scared dog couldn’t distinguish me from the other perpetrators and tried to bite me as a defensive response. That very moment another stubborn Muslim standing next to me smashed on it’s head and said, “Don’t touch that dirty dog, or it will sacrilege your clothing. We will beat it out of the mosque with sticks.”   
    At that tensed situation that untimely delivered hateful words just set my brain on fire. It was like a spark in a volatile gas chamber. And the next moment, hell exploded out of my mouth.
    “Islam is even dirtier than this dog, that is why I left that bitch.”
    That was my first public word against Islam and that too inside it hearts, within the mosque! For a brief moment everyone got silent, and was trying to figure out what I just said! The next moment the bludgeoned me with everything they got within the reach of their hand. That was quite a beating. But I succeed to sneak out of the mosque in one piece. At night I heard they arranged an arbitration against me after Isha prayer (night prayer). On the arbitration they unanimously declared me a Murtad (apostate) because I didn’t attend the arbitration and begged pardon. You know the punitive measure Islam takes against its apostates.

By no mean had I wanted get into trouble by offending Islam publicly. It was just a rush of blood. And after the incident I reconsider to attend the arbitration and repent for my action. But even though they would have flogged me front of a massive audience. It’s a vindictive move to deter others from taking the same path. It would be really derogatory to my self-esteem. Why I supposed to repent for telling the truth and accept punishment for it? So I didn’t attend there.

Since that incident I’m under continuous threat of death. In fact I’m running for my life. Any time a Muslim might go berserk and perform a machete work on me. I held a big possibility of becoming the 5th victim on the list. I already changed my posting and got into a new place of work. I also changed my group of interns, since 6 out of 10 of my group are bigot Tablig Jamati (Sufism).  My new group consist mostly Hindus, and I think it will be safer among them. However Bangladesh is a very small country and my new working place is barely 100 KM away from my previous one. It’s not so hard to trace an apostate within that short distance. I don’t have the luxury to consider myself safe anywhere. I undertook self quarantine and barely go out of my quarter. I don’t know which way it will come but I know it will for sure. I outmatched every other victim before me. Not a single one of them was so daring to go public. They only typed in blog. Except Rajib  Haider none else actually struck Islam directly with their writings or calling it’s name.
    I just committed the last thing I wanted to do. Now I’m just a prisoner on death row. 

In past few days I was desperately seeking help from many sources. First thing I considered was shifting out to a non Muslim country. I asked Indian embassy for asylum but they replied that shelter in India is only for big guns like writers or politicians. For me they can only provide 3 months visit visa at best.
    Secondly I thought of publicly asking pardon and accept the flogging. It would at least save my life for the instant. But my self esteem came on the way. I just can’t take that humiliation.
    Last thing I considered was seeking help from my parents. Since my dad is a Jamat (fanatic Islamic political party) leader, any attack while staying in his house is quite unexpected. But then I remember what my parents talked about Ananta’s (the fourth victim who was killed in front of my eyes) death. There’s a better chance that instead of protecting me they might kill me by their own hand after knowing what I actually said against Islam.
    I also tried to seek shelter from police. But they are so corrupted that they demanded massive amount to provide me protection. Being a middle class intern vet, I never have enough money to bribe those officers.
    Ali sina, I’m totally perplexed. I can sense it coming but I don’t know what to do to fend it off. I can’t be indoor for whole life. It already started to feel like a prison. I can’t breathe inside. So I’ve chosen you as the last hope. I have been reading your faith freedom blog for a while now. I read that conversation where you explained why you are so sure of defeating Islam in next few decades. I read how ridicule can defeat the narcissistic Islam. Those are so inspiring to me. You are my realistic hero on a war for peace. I know you’re busy with whole lots of things that are more important than bothering with this unworthy man who barely have any control on his mouth. I admit, what I did was the worst form of stupidity, and I supposed to accept the aftermath on my own. But yet I want to make one last move before going down. I want to call my hero and plead for help. I don’t know what kind of help I’m asking for, like I said, I’m totally perplexed with the situation. But anything will be heartedly appreciated. So I ask again, Is there anything you can do for me? Anything? (Except advising me to leave the country. I’m sick of this banal advise, and I don’t consider leaving an option.)

Pardon me if I waste your precious time. I wish you to succeed in your cause of omitting Islam for the sake of a peaceful world. Even if I’m not physically be there to enjoy the peace. Thank you.
    Sincerely
    Dr. Ovi     

God didn't created us in his Image. We created God as our own reflection.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #1 - August 26, 2015, 09:46 AM

Wow.

Thanks again.

I trust you're not using your real name on here.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #2 - August 26, 2015, 11:32 AM

I don't know much about the situation in Bangladesh, but will contacting the police help? Are there any humanitarian organisations that would offer support and protection?

Why not consider leaving the country or is it not an option because it is difficult?

I sincerely hope you manage to find a solution. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #3 - August 26, 2015, 12:22 PM

I think the safest solution for you would be to leave your country, unfortunately..  sorry that my answer is predictable..   
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #4 - August 26, 2015, 03:01 PM

I think Australia and Great Britain accept atheism as legitimate grounds for asylum. I know you said it's not an option, but I'm assuming this letter was from some time ago and you may view things differently today.

When was this letter written?

Do you still hold those same views, like not considering muslims to be fully human?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #5 - August 26, 2015, 04:07 PM

...a Muslim, which I would like to consider as a bipedal humanoid rather than a human being...

I missed that.

May I echo Quod's question. Do you think Muslims are not fully human?
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #6 - August 26, 2015, 05:21 PM

he's just venting guys about fundamentalism lol
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #7 - August 26, 2015, 05:23 PM

Yes of course. I understand.

At the same time it's important to point out where he oversteps the mark.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #8 - August 30, 2015, 10:17 AM

I guess this poster was just a hit and run artist who was not interested in engaging with us at all.

For the record Ali Sina made some excellent points and arguments regarding Islam - sadly the biggest thing that let him down (and repeated by this poster and many of Ali Sina's supporters) is the way he constantly dehumanised Muslims.

...a Muslim, which I would like to consider as a bipedal humanoid rather than a human being...

"Racism springs from the lie that certain human beings are less than fully human...It corrupts our minds into believing we are right to treat others as we would not want to be treated. (Alveda King)
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #9 - August 30, 2015, 12:47 PM

.Ali sina is my idol.
    This man thrill and fascinate me with his intellectual writings. I’m a regular reader of his faithfreedom site. Once at a desperate time, I sent him an email which he really replied. He was so….. (Emotion takes over). Since I don’t have his permission to post his caring reply, I would rather post my own email.  I actually wrote the email out of desperation, just at the following day after being physically violated by a bunch of Muslims in a sacred mosque. Hope you have the patience to read it all and take things positively. Thank you. 

Note: Just the very day I sent him this email another online activist named Niladry Chattapaddhay was killed in Bangladesh in similar fashion to make it 5 in a row.

Hello  Ali sina. . .
    I am Dr. Ovi, from Bangladesh.  
     You probably never heard the name of this country before. Well, It’s a South Asian secular country currently consumed by fundamentalism and Islamic fanaticism. Speaking against Islam in public is a death wish here. Even without speaking you may get killed for typing. There already 4  bloggers who have been killed in broad day light for debunking Islam in their blogs, namely Rajib Haider, Washikur babu, Avijit Roy, And Ananta Bijay Das. The fourth one actually died front of my eyes. At that morning I saw him chased by four masked man with machetes. I didn’t saw them actually killing him but I saw those people chasing him into a gully where he was killed. I can’t recognize 3 chasers but for the 4th one I can tell him even from a distance. He was fat, with strange locomotion. While running his right hand goes front with right leg and vice versa. In normal human you will find quite the opposite.

That was the event that literally pushed me out of Islam. But it is not the only cause. I had lots of doubtful questions right from my childhood of which I never find proper answer. Being born in a fanatic Muslim family sometimes I was physically abused for asking those heretical questions. My dad is attached to Jamat Islami Bangladesh. A fanatic Islamic political party that is committed to reinstall Sariah low in Bangladesh. Let me introduce the level of bigotry in my family with one incident. The following day Ananta Bijay Das was killed, I returned home and found my parents lamenting upon a headline on the newspaper that says another atheist blogger being killed in our locality. Their lamentation was not about his death, but because they weren’t the one to claim his life!
    Imagine my situation after that day. My own parents are ardent to kill a person who hold exact similar believe of mine! In fact he had to die for simply not believing! It was like thunderstruck! I was obviously scared, they might kill me if they know I’m an atheist. And I still am.

I don’t think the death of Ananta went in vain. He lives in me and many others whom he inspired to become a rationalist. I spent 23 years of my life trying to deceive myself. I was trying to believe which I knew rationally unbelievable. I lost my faith a long long time ago, I stopped praying 5 times, or fasting at Ramadan. But somehow still managed to clench on Islam with a blind hand. Credit goes to my childhood indoctrination and force feeding of theology. I used to tell me, there’s not a single mistake in Quran. Even modern science has proven it’s authenticity. However there are very few unexplained fact which will surely be discovered in near future. I was told Einstein’s relativity theory and Stephen Hawkins’s big bang theory is actually based on Quranic verses and the incident of Miraj (Mohammed’s imaginary trip to Allah). As a kid I actually believed all those since I didn’t have any other source to learn the truth. But things started to change when I admitted to DVM course in Sylhet Agricultural University. Being a vet I came across this verse
    “He is created from a drop emitted proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs.” Quran 86:6-7
    As a vet student I knew that drop has to be semen and semen have no relation with backbone or ribs. Sperm is originated from seminiferous tubules of testes that lies in scrotum and seminal plasma comes from accessory sex glands that lies in pelvic cavity. There’s no relation with backbone or ribs. A clear cut mistake.
    Since I found one flaw I searched the internet for more. There I found a website wikiislam.net which enlisted hundreds of scientific errors in Quran and Hadith. Watching them, the edifice of my belief was totally pulverized. There was nothing to hold on. But still I kept on imagining, those mistake might be some kind of metaphor and probably some day a Islamic scholar like Zakir Nayek can explain them rationally to dissuade my faith. I was a bird that was just freed from the cage but too scared to fly for the first time. And there comes the murder of Ananta. It was one hell of a push that threw me off the cliff and I started to fly!!! I still can remember that day, It was 14th of May this year, when I returned to dormitory and stood front of the mirror during shower and told to myself, “I’m not a Muslim, not anymore.” And it feels like freedom from religious prison after 23 long years of incarceration. I feel the horror of hell, lust for heaven, fear of Allah, insanity of Mohammed, all are washed away. It was the shower of my lifetime. It was a complete rebirth as a human (earlier I used to be a Muslim, which I would like to consider as a bipedal humanoid rather than a human being). You’re an apostate, and I think this feeling is not unknown to you.

At the later phase of May I had to return to my home since the dormitory being closed up for summer vacation. Returning home probably the thing other peoples crave for but for me it was a terror. I had to pretend to be a good Muslim in front of my family otherwise I might get killed. Thankfully I got some spinal problem and doctor suggested me a complete bed rest. That gave me temporary relief from attending prayers in mosque but at home I had to pray 5 times even though laying flat on the bed and being unable to rise! My mom is very strict with this prayer stuffs. Her notion was without prayer you can’t be a Muslim and non-Muslims can’t be a part of her family.

Likely I came round and successfully returned to university to attend the final exam. Now I’m working as an intern vet and my posting keeps me away from my family and their bigotry.

Since I left Islam, I was astonished to see that many people being blindfolded by that religious insanity! I was a little bit upset with myself too, why the hell I took 23 long years to renounce that bullshit. I wasn’t smart enough to leave it right when I was rebuked for the first time for asking simple rational question instead of being properly answered. That was the time I realize the value of those silly questions that used to arise in the mind of a silly little kid. I understand, same questions arise in the mind of every single kid of Muslim parents before they are assimilated to Islam by insidious indoctrination. So I try to compile those questions in a written form which not only explain the reasons behind my apostasy but also can be an effective mean to save other kids from Islam. As kids are indoctrinated to Islam they eventually loss their mental ability to ask. They loss their critical thinking which they inherited with birth as a human being. I wanted to ignite that fire of which Islam always been so afraid of, The fire of Question! A conflagration that would roast Islam and enlighten the whole world.
     Since I started cogitating to revive those questions, I found it extremely difficult to recall those long gone childhood memories. Many of those questions, after being subdued by harsh snubs at childhood, are permanently eroded from my memory. But there are still enough left in the tank.  I also tried to record some common hateful treacherous words that is instilled in my mind as a kid and vindicate their insubstantiality in my writing. Kids of Muslim parents are often introduced to a hostile world that apparently always tries to annihilate their religious belief. At first few decade of my life I thought that was true, but as I grow up I discovered the reality. Islam is an outdated medieval brutality that holdfast it’s core and standstill like a solid impediment against the natural flow of amelioration. I wanted those kids to see things straight. When you place a stone on a fountain the entire current will bang against it. In that case stone is the guilty one, not the fountain. But Muslim makes them understand quite the opposite. LGBT movements, feminist movement, Theory of Evolution, anti-terrorist warfare, these all apparently always colliding with Islam, not because of the intriguing non-Muslims (That is what they usually teach their kids) but because Islam is deliberately blocking their ways.
    Being growing up amidst of bigotry, I closely watched those purposeful violation of the innocence of kids by those religious fallacies and it trembled my heart. I desperately wanted to vociferate against them to save other kids around. Especially my younger brother Zarif. My bigot parents are instilling hatred in his innocent heart front of my very eyes. But I just can’t make a move. In this part of world where typing in blogs claim lives, vociferation is a death wish. So I used to keep silent. However I used to run a facebook page from a fake facebook ID that concealed my identity but expressed my speech. And meantime I was writing down those revived question in a systemic form so that someday I can present them in a printed form to our future generation.
    Life was going okey for me as long as I hide my ideology, muted my voice and pretend to be a good Muslim. I never wanted to be in the lime light by publicly opposing Islam in an Islamic country. Man, I don’t have the gut for this. Like I mentioned earlier, it’s a death wish. But last Tuesday  I broke my own rule and spoke out. Not just in any public place, but inside the Mosque!
     Ya, don’t tell me, I know I’m the dumbest people you ever met. But I can explain,

On that afternoon, I was simply passing by a mosque. It was after the Asar prayer (Afternoon prayer). And there was a repast arranged for the musolli (those who said prayer in the mosque). An avid stray dog got inside the mosque to scavenge upon the remainders.  You know dogs are considered unholy in Islam, and their presence in mosque can bring serious consequences. The holly Muslims cornered that poor dog and started to beat it relentlessly with long handled broomstick. I could hear it crying from quite a distance. By the time I rushed to the spot they already fractured it’s femur on left hind leg and radius ulna of right foreleg. It could barely stand on that moment to take the beating. I positioned myself between the infuriated crowd and the dog and politely disarmed them. I never lost my shield of affability, not even for a moment. As the crowd calm down I went to grab that dog out of the mosque and provide some treatment. As a veterinarian it’s my duty to do so. But as I approached, that scared dog couldn’t distinguish me from the other perpetrators and tried to bite me as a defensive response. That very moment another stubborn Muslim standing next to me smashed on it’s head and said, “Don’t touch that dirty dog, or it will sacrilege your clothing. We will beat it out of the mosque with sticks.”    
    At that tensed situation that untimely delivered hateful words just set my brain on fire. It was like a spark in a volatile gas chamber. And the next moment, hell exploded out of my mouth.
    “Islam is even dirtier than this dog, that is why I left that bitch.”
    That was my first public word against Islam and that too inside it hearts, within the mosque! For a brief moment everyone got silent, and was trying to figure out what I just said! The next moment the bludgeoned me with everything they got within the reach of their hand. That was quite a beating. But I succeed to sneak out of the mosque in one piece. At night I heard they arranged an arbitration against me after Isha prayer (night prayer). On the arbitration they unanimously declared me a Murtad (apostate) because I didn’t attend the arbitration and begged pardon. You know the punitive measure Islam takes against its apostates.

By no mean had I wanted get into trouble by offending Islam publicly. It was just a rush of blood. And after the incident I reconsider to attend the arbitration and repent for my action. But even though they would have flogged me front of a massive audience. It’s a vindictive move to deter others from taking the same path. It would be really derogatory to my self-esteem. Why I supposed to repent for telling the truth and accept punishment for it? So I didn’t attend there.

Since that incident I’m under continuous threat of death. In fact I’m running for my life. Any time a Muslim might go berserk and perform a machete work on me. I held a big possibility of becoming the 5th victim on the list. I already changed my posting and got into a new place of work. I also changed my group of interns, since 6 out of 10 of my group are bigot Tablig Jamati (Sufism).  My new group consist mostly Hindus, and I think it will be safer among them. However Bangladesh is a very small country and my new working place is barely 100 KM away from my previous one. It’s not so hard to trace an apostate within that short distance. I don’t have the luxury to consider myself safe anywhere. I undertook self quarantine and barely go out of my quarter. I don’t know which way it will come but I know it will for sure. I outmatched every other victim before me. Not a single one of them was so daring to go public. They only typed in blog. Except Rajib  Haider none else actually struck Islam directly with their writings or calling it’s name.
    I just committed the last thing I wanted to do. Now I’m just a prisoner on death row.  

In past few days I was desperately seeking help from many sources. First thing I considered was shifting out to a non Muslim country. I asked Indian embassy for asylum but they replied that shelter in India is only for big guns like writers or politicians. For me they can only provide 3 months visit visa at best.
    Secondly I thought of publicly asking pardon and accept the flogging. It would at least save my life for the instant. But my self esteem came on the way. I just can’t take that humiliation.
    Last thing I considered was seeking help from my parents. Since my dad is a Jamat (fanatic Islamic political party) leader, any attack while staying in his house is quite unexpected. But then I remember what my parents talked about Ananta’s (the fourth victim who was killed in front of my eyes) death. There’s a better chance that instead of protecting me they might kill me by their own hand after knowing what I actually said against Islam.
    I also tried to seek shelter from police. But they are so corrupted that they demanded massive amount to provide me protection. Being a middle class intern vet, I never have enough money to bribe those officers.
    Ali sina, I’m totally perplexed. I can sense it coming but I don’t know what to do to fend it off. I can’t be indoor for whole life. It already started to feel like a prison. I can’t breathe inside. So I’ve chosen you as the last hope. I have been reading your faith freedom blog for a while now. I read that conversation where you explained why you are so sure of defeating Islam in next few decades. I read how ridicule can defeat the narcissistic Islam. Those are so inspiring to me. You are my realistic hero on a war for peace. I know you’re busy with whole lots of things that are more important than bothering with this unworthy man who barely have any control on his mouth. I admit, what I did was the worst form of stupidity, and I supposed to accept the aftermath on my own. But yet I want to make one last move before going down. I want to call my hero and plead for help. I don’t know what kind of help I’m asking for, like I said, I’m totally perplexed with the situation. But anything will be heartedly appreciated. So I ask again, Is there anything you can do for me? Anything? (Except advising me to leave the country. I’m sick of this banal advise, and I don’t consider leaving an option.)

Pardon me if I waste your precious time. I wish you to succeed in your cause of omitting Islam for the sake of a peaceful world. Even if I’m not physically be there to enjoy the peace. Thank you.

Sincerely
    Dr. Ovi    

My goodness gracious  .. I read nothing from Dr. Ovi.. dr. vet and you are from Bangladesh??  So how is Ali doing? You know there used to be a guy "yeezevee"  who has written/supported Ali Sina forum? in fact  he sent me the first chapter of his book to edit...

so dr. Vet let us read  your post again together  and tell me

Quote from: Dr. vet on August 26, 2015, 07:14 AM

Who is Muslim in your neck of the world?
    what is Muslim and how do you define a Muslim??

please come back to the forum.. Also Tell Ali I said Hi., May be he will join CEMB and debate/educate folks here.. .. He is a busy guy..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #10 - August 30, 2015, 01:05 PM

I guess this poster was just a hit and run artist who was not interested in engaging with us at all.

That is all right.... You can learn from such people  and you can also teach them.
    For the record Ali Sina made some excellent points and arguments regarding Islam - sadly the biggest thing that let him down (and repeated by this poster and many of Ali Sina's supporters) is the way he constantly dehumanised Muslims.

Well let us get that guy over here and debate.. Changing such people is very important.. NO ONE IS UNQUESTIONABLE

"Racism springs from the lie that certain human beings are less than fully human...It corrupts our minds into believing we are right to treat others as we would not want to be treated. (Alveda King)

That is a golden rule there....  and let me  add a word to   what Alveda King said there

"Racism springs from the lie that certain human beings are less than fully human."  

"Racism springs from the lie that certain human beings are BORN less than fully human."

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #11 - August 30, 2015, 10:38 PM

Dr. Ovi.

I'd suggest you simply learn to calm down. There is no need for you to voice your opinion if you feel threatened. Learn to manage the negative feelings you have for Islam. You seem to have a lot of ill feeling to the followers rather than Islam itself because if you lived amongst good, kind, humble muslims you'd love it same goes for people from other religions. So please try to deal with your anxiety issues and learn to take things easy. There's no rush, you have plenty of years to make the life you want to live.

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #12 - August 30, 2015, 10:52 PM

There is a very real need to voice your thoughts.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #13 - August 30, 2015, 11:17 PM

Why? Doesn't sound very rational especially for an atheist.

Sometimes you need to learn to just keep quiet.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #14 - August 30, 2015, 11:26 PM

What does being an atheist have to do with being rational?

To word it in a way that might make sense to you as a believer, the right to think and speak as you see fit is the most sacred and holy right there is. There is no greater sin, no greater blasphemy, than to deny this right.

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #15 - August 30, 2015, 11:38 PM

One of the main qualities atheists claim to have is of being rational. That's what their whole life relies on.

I disagree that the right to speak is the most sacred right for believers. In the quran it clearly says that if you sin due to being compelled to do something then it's OK. It doesn't say that you must hold on to the right to speak if your life is threatened. The prophet Mohammed was told to turn away from those who don't believe and leave them with respect and peace.

What is there to be gained in being vocal amongst irrational violent people? It's fine to argue and be vocal and against civilised people but not against knuckle-heads.

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #16 - August 30, 2015, 11:48 PM

How are you not getting what I say?

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #17 - August 30, 2015, 11:58 PM

Maybe you didn't understand what I said?

Don't argue with irrational people who resort to violence. Button it. Keep quiet. Find something better to do.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #18 - August 31, 2015, 12:15 AM

You don't have a problem with the idea of it not being a few random thugs but a countrywide epidemic?

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #19 - August 31, 2015, 12:27 AM

Maybe you didn't understand what I said?

Don't argue with irrational people who resort to violence. Button it. Keep quiet. Find something better to do.

Let the violent ones win.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #20 - August 31, 2015, 12:35 AM

You don't have a problem with the idea of it not being a few random thugs but a countrywide epidemic?

If it was a few random thugs it would be fine. They'd be dealt with. You can't win against a country. It's simply not worth fighting.

Don't you think there are better things to do in life? I'm disappointed with your comment. I was thinking atheists were way more intelligent.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #21 - August 31, 2015, 12:38 AM

Let the violent ones win.

Yup let them win. Leave them in their ignorance. Actually what did they win?
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #22 - August 31, 2015, 12:43 AM

You can't win against a country. It's simply not worth fighting.

How different the world would be if the likes of Gandhi and Dr King were taught from your playbook.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #23 - August 31, 2015, 12:51 AM

They were fighting against governments.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #24 - August 31, 2015, 12:56 AM

Governments are people.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #25 - August 31, 2015, 01:13 AM

Don't you think there are better things to do in life?

To word it in a way that might make sense to you as a believer, the right to think and speak as you see fit is the most sacred and holy right there is. There is no greater sin, no greater blasphemy, than to deny this right.

• A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #26 - August 31, 2015, 01:19 AM

Governments are people.

Governments don't usually represent their people when it comes to foreign people.

Edit: Foreign policy or some other agenda they have.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #27 - August 31, 2015, 01:34 AM

Governments don't usually represent their people when it comes to foreign people.

And we come full circle. Hence the need to be able to speak freely against oppressive regimes. Oppressive governments are just people oppressing other people.
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #28 - August 31, 2015, 01:39 AM

How different the world would be if the likes of Gandhi and Dr King were taught from your playbook.

Why is our clapping emoticon so large and ugly? Ah, fuck it. clap
  • A letter to Ali Sina
     Reply #29 - September 01, 2015, 06:51 AM

And we come full circle. Hence the need to be able to speak freely against oppressive regimes. Oppressive governments are just people oppressing other people.

I just find it really strange that some people must be vocal about stating their PERSONAL opinion and thoughts and top of that knowing they may be physically abused for it. It's like you're asking for a beating from people who are more that willing to dish it out. Why not go and find people like yourself and hang around with them?

I'm not saying it's OK for atheists to have their freedoms taken away. I think in a proper Muslim state you would get that. But we don't have any proper Muslim state so far as I've seen. The vast majority of Muslims are blind followers in my opinion. But it just seems silly to knowingly antagonise people.

Edit: In a proper Muslim state you would have the freedom to say what you want within reason and be able to discuss. Pretty much like in UK and US. Except that US and UK are now allowing people to insult and offend mostly Muslims and calling it freedom of speech.
  • 12 3 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »