Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Shari'ah Law

(Read 2693 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Shari'ah Law
     OP - August 21, 2015, 01:14 PM

Today's Khutbah on Shari'ah Law:

http://agnosticmuslimkhutbahs.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/shariah-law.html
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #1 - August 21, 2015, 01:57 PM

Please tell me you're sending that to Hamza.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #2 - August 22, 2015, 12:15 AM

Outstanding Hassan.  That was really well-written and profound.
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #3 - August 22, 2015, 02:16 AM

I love it. You are a jewel, truly.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #4 - August 22, 2015, 03:01 PM

Please tell me you're sending that to Hamza.

Well I have sent him a couple of my Khutbahs in the past, but I don't want to keep blowing my trumpet and sending them to people lol

He is aware of my blog so he can read it if he wishes.
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #5 - August 22, 2015, 03:02 PM

Outstanding Hassan.  That was really well-written and profound.

Thank you Zaotar - I take that as very high praise indeed coming from you. Smiley
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #6 - August 22, 2015, 03:03 PM

I love it. You are a jewel, truly.

God Bless you my daughter  grin12
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #7 - August 22, 2015, 03:33 PM

We I have sent him a couple of my Khutbahs in the past, but I don't want to keep blowing my trumpet and sending them to people lol

He is aware of my blog so he can read it if he wishes.

What do you find the reaction to be from more traditional Muslims? Have you got much feedback?
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #8 - August 22, 2015, 03:47 PM

Yes. The reaction has surprised me. Although many disagree with my fundamental thesis that the Qur'an is not divine - I have had a lot of good feedaback - some very complimentary. Only one person so far has called me an apostate lol
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #9 - August 22, 2015, 03:50 PM

btw HM - I' going to take your advice inshallah - and use my voice. I'm planning to start an: Agnostic Muslim Youtube channel and will narrate my Khutbahs over slides in the style of my old videos.

Sadly we live in an age where most people are too lazy to read more than a short paragraph lol - and I really want more ppl to hear them as they seem to be striking a chord with some, as the feedback I've been having on Youtube will testify to.  Afro
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #10 - August 22, 2015, 04:31 PM

I'm planning to start an: Agnostic Muslim Youtube channel and will narrate my Khutbahs over slides in the style of my old videos.

Afro

That's great news.
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #11 - August 22, 2015, 05:13 PM

they seem to be striking a chord with some, as the feedback I've been having on Youtube will testify to.  Afro

I mean Facebook.
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #12 - August 22, 2015, 05:17 PM

btw HM - I' going to take your advice inshallah - and use my voice. I'm planning to start an: Agnostic Muslim Youtube channel and will narrate my Khutbahs over slides in the style of my old videos.

Sadly we live in an age where most people are too lazy to read more than a short paragraph lol - and I really want more ppl to hear them as they seem to be striking a chord with some, as the feedback I've been having on Youtube will testify to.  Afro

Exactly  Cheesy

I dont agree with most of your views about Islam, but I think what you are doing is great.
    Muslims are more likely to accomodate the views of a (agnostic) muslim than an ex-muslim.

The slow mitigation of extreme Islamic beliefs it's on its way...
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #13 - August 22, 2015, 07:48 PM

In the end Sharia has created a divine idol out of Muhammad in which his non-revelation acts and sayings are divine unto themselves. This is humorous since at the same time Muslims are not supposed to treat him as an idol. Acts and sayings can create a textual based image, just as I can use language to create imagery. "It is spherical, orange, with a tough outer layer. Inside there is soft tissue which contains a large amount of water and matter which provides nutrition ." Ie an orange. Thus imagery is created in which a character, even in blurred in physical details (height, hair, etc) is acting in a divine manner thus is divine. This places Allah and Muhammad as a collective Godhead as much as Jesus and God, just minus the Son of part.
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #14 - August 28, 2015, 04:55 PM

popcorn

Well, anything new for this week?
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #15 - August 28, 2015, 05:35 PM

Well I'm flattered you you look forward to them  Afro.

But it was my brother's turn this week and he doesn't blog his Khutbahs - but it was an excellent one nevertheless - he wanted to follow up on what I was saying about Shari'ah Law last week.

Smiley
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #16 - August 28, 2015, 05:58 PM

It's cool that your family is all on the same board. Would that some of us could be so fortunate.
  • Shari'ah Law
     Reply #17 - August 28, 2015, 07:29 PM

Yes I'm very fortunate.

We don't agree on everything of course - I'm a little more risqué than him Wink
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »