Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Blatant misogyny in Islam is what is making me question it.

(Read 112374 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 17 18 1920 21 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Blatant misogyny in Islam is what is making me question it.
     Reply #540 - January 15, 2016, 09:38 AM

Thank goodness you don't have a say in the matter Smiley

And what I said goes for all human interaction and relationships, not just those of a sexual or romantic character. So "aboloshing sex" won't solve anything. On the contrary, it would be yet another type of control and power over others. Having control over someone's sexuality and procreation. Isn't that what marriage was for, right from the start Roll Eyes

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #541 - January 15, 2016, 02:36 PM

Well you know what the solution to that is, right? ABOLISH SEX! Remove sexual orientation and biological gender from the human species by genetic tomfoolery and make the entire process of procreation happen outside the human body in vats and free people up to do other stuff besides attempt to gain and maintain as mate.

Or at least that's my idea for how to make the world better...

That's not... really possible...?  wacko

We would still need female, male obgyn... Sexual health would be different for both genders  Kiss
     Reply #542 - January 16, 2016, 03:49 PM

Well you know what the solution to that is, right? ABOLISH SEX! Remove sexual orientation and biological gender from the human species by genetic tomfoolery and make the entire process of procreation happen outside the human body in vats and free people up to do other stuff besides attempt to gain and maintain as mate.

I would love an external womb. no labour pains. weekly visits to the little sprog in a hatcherie to see its development. reminded me of huxley's brave new world.
     Reply #543 - March 12, 2016, 10:09 PM

"All religions are obsessed with my vagina"
    Interesting read by Mona Eltahawy that I just came across (amazing woman btw).
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/10/mona-eltahawy-interview-religions-obsessed-vagina-headscarves-and-hymens
     Reply #544 - March 12, 2016, 10:51 PM

And my PENIS!!!

Circumcision anyone?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #545 - March 12, 2016, 10:56 PM

Great article btw

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #546 - March 13, 2016, 08:52 AM

And my PENIS!!!

Circumcision anyone?

True, another form of child abuse that religious people get away with.

Wonder who decided that it was a good idea to start cutting children's genitals in the first place  Huh?
     Reply #547 - March 13, 2016, 02:07 PM

Is this part of the misogyny trend http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-mp-paula-sherriff-pulls-out-of-fundraiser-over-seating-segregation-a6926366.html

Reply #548 - March 13, 2016, 03:27 PM

that is what happens when high school dropouts and IDIOTS LIKE THESE who don't use common sense are allowed to preach Islam or allowed to  rule the Muslim folks.,   You end up with large masses of  confused faith heads.. Unfortunately western politicians  also use these idiots for their political needs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jBqQDUy_J8

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #549 - March 13, 2016, 09:38 PM

It most certainly is.

I experienced that sort of segregation with the ISOC at uni; we were given the smallest, most cramped and worst facilities. They made segregation "optional" but everyone knew it really wasn't.
     Reply #550 - March 13, 2016, 11:05 PM

You mean, like wearing a hijab or praying is a choice?  Roll Eyes

It's as much of a choice as it is not wanting to be muslim. You can't do it, if your name is muslim then you must do everything they say or risk them telling everyone/your parents about it Roll Eyes
     Reply #551 - March 18, 2016, 09:11 AM

Yes, that's pretty much the case for a sizeable number of Muslim youth. While I acknowledge that some women choose to wear the hijab and know some of the personally, it was not a choice for me back when my parents were stricter. I would always claim that it was as a way of feeling better about it and because I was in denial that deep down I wanted to take it off.
     Reply #552 - June 04, 2016, 10:56 PM

When I was a kid my dad told me that God answers every dua you make during Friday prayers. So I made dua that God fills my room with money. I went back home and into my room and saw that it was not filled from floor to ceiling with banknotes. That's when I knew.

Firstly, Allah doesn't have to grant your Du'a straight away. It could happen in 30, or so odd years. Secondly, it seems like you never had pure intentions, so that could be one reason why it wasn't answered. You yourself said that you have been, ''testing God using such methods since I was a young kid''.

Ahl as-sunnah wal-jamāʻah and following the way of the Salaf. - nope, not anymore.
     Reply #553 - June 04, 2016, 11:16 PM

Firstly, Allah doesn't have to grant your Du'a straight away. It could happen in 30, or so odd years.

Well congrats, absurdist! You're about to be RICH!!  dance dance dance
     Reply #554 - June 04, 2016, 11:38 PM

Awww yissss dance dance
     Reply #555 - June 05, 2016, 12:18 AM

True, another form of child abuse that religious people get away with.

Wonder who decided that it was a good idea to start cutting children's genitals in the first place  Huh?

Nothing shows dedication like being willing to molest children's genitals!
    (You know, it is really all about love  lipsrsealed )
     Reply #556 - June 05, 2016, 06:16 AM

I had pure intentions, checked them all the time. I rarely commited any minor sins. Never ever any major. Always repented and stayed away from those sins I had once commited. Spent hours and hours upon praying, doing nawafil and good deeds, reading the Quran, just being a good human being and Muslim. I made a lot of du'a, and I concentrated on some particularly important stuff. Ya Rabb, please give me a rightous husband to build a good Muslim family, Ya Rahman open up the hearts of my family, and Ya Allah, love the child in my womb and make it loved by all people in the world.

Well, my husband was a piece of shit even compared to Muslim standards. Put on a front of being devout, and I trusted the people who arranged the marriage. Not only was he a lousy Muslim, he did everything to discourage my Quran memorization and seeking of knowledge because of his own jealousy and complexes. My family did open up their hearts in a sense, when I left my husband they supported me Roll Eyes and as for my kid, she's an amazing person who everyone loves. But she also thinks religion is shit and people who believe in god are delusional.

But I guess Allah ta'ala had knowledge of me leaving Islam, so he just went "fuck it, not gonna waste my time on her. It's bad investment". Grin

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #557 - June 05, 2016, 11:48 AM

...............My family did open up their hearts in a sense, ........they supported me Roll Eyes and as for my kid, she's an amazing person who everyone loves. ...............But she also thinks religion is shit and people who believe in god are delusional.

Forget the looser.,  You have a wonderful family Cornflower., Hold on to that and hold on to young Atheist  preacher... lol..     it is life .. Bad things do happen to good people and the reason may be they  are too good  and and bit naive..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #558 - June 14, 2016, 01:45 AM

I had pure intentions, checked them all the time. I rarely commited any minor sins. Never ever any major. Always repented and stayed away from those sins I had once commited. Spent hours and hours upon praying, doing nawafil and good deeds, reading the Quran, just being a good human being and Muslim. I made a lot of du'a, and I concentrated on some particularly important stuff. Ya Rabb, please give me a rightous husband to build a good Muslim family, Ya Rahman open up the hearts of my family, and Ya Allah, love the child in my womb and make it loved by all people in the world.

Well, my husband was a piece of shit even compared to Muslim standards. Put on a front of being devout, and I trusted the people who arranged the marriage. Not only was he a lousy Muslim, he did everything to discourage my Quran memorization and seeking of knowledge because of his own jealousy and complexes. My family did open up their hearts in a sense, when I left my husband they supported me Roll Eyes and as for my kid, she's an amazing person who everyone loves. But she also thinks religion is shit and people who believe in god are delusional.

But I guess Allah ta'ala had knowledge of me leaving Islam, so he just went "fuck it, not gonna waste my time on her. It's bad investment". Grin

:( :(

Join the club of those of us who have invested much time and emotion in shitty men (women too, tbf). They're not worth another second of sadness and regret.
     Reply #559 - June 14, 2016, 02:31 AM

Ameen. The company in this club sometimes makes me feel it was worth it. 

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #560 - June 14, 2016, 06:41 AM

Smiley Smiley
     Reply #561 - June 15, 2016, 11:51 AM

Corn at least you came into reality.
    There are people who live their entire life in delusion of God and religion.
     Reply #562 - June 15, 2016, 12:17 PM

Corn at least you came into reality.
    There are people who live their entire life in delusion of God and religion.

what is gong on with you cellphone2016 ??

did you get a NEW CELLPHONE  that types in to the forum?? Cheesy

you just joined today and wrote 12 posts  non-stop   .. goodshow.. lol.

welcome to the Den  dark side of folks without any faith .

Reply #563 - June 15, 2016, 12:40 PM

Atheism is brightness.
     Reply #564 - June 15, 2016, 12:41 PM

what is gong on with you cellphone2016 ??

did you get a NEW CELLPHONE  that types in to the forum?? Cheesy

you just joined today and wrote 12 posts  non-stop   .. goodshow.. lol.

welcome to the Den  dark side of folks without any faith .

Thank you
     Reply #565 - June 15, 2016, 03:42 PM

Islam is pretty blatantly sexist. The most interesting thing is that muslim women like to claim the opposite of the truth: that islam is not only not sexist, but gives them adequate rights.

Unsurprisingly, I have heard many muslim men saying that Islam is fair to women.

I have decided after many years of claiming that I loved wearing a hot black abaya and hijab in the sun, that Islam is not fair to women at all. There are many different religious rulings that favour men over women. I will always get some very ridiculous explanation as to why that is from Muslims. For example:

Why is it that men can get a divorce much more easily than women? (men can literally say "I divorce you" and have a legal divorce, and women must prove their case in court and will sometimes be denied)

common Muslim answer: because women are emotional and they cannot make a rational decision regarding their personal relationships, which is why they need a jury of men to do it for them....I wonder if that's why there are rules for when men impulsively say they divorce their wives...
     Reply #566 - June 16, 2016, 01:16 AM

Yeah, it takes some living to see past all the apologist claims that Islam venerates women. The entire system infantilizes and demonizes women, instead. Even on paper, if you get down to the source. 

Reply #567 - June 20, 2016, 09:26 PM

It makes me really angry too when I hear the excuse women are too 'emotional' comp26
     Reply #568 - June 21, 2016, 12:16 AM

For the longest time I have believed that I could start liking Islam, if I just could find and prove that the misogyny is just something that Muslim men have created, that it is not in Islam itself. This belief is fading faster and faster these days... There might be nothing for me to find and it actually quite scares me.

Also, what angers me even more than the men treating women like crap, is the Muslim WOMEN who accept this and even encourage such behavior.

Well, they are victims of the system, too. Go easy on them, their beliefs have hurt them terribly.

Reply #569 - July 01, 2016, 10:45 PM

You know what sucks? Is that even Muslim women deny the misogyny, like they totally dismiss it to the best of their ability. Pure stoicism.

I once asked a young mulsim woman (hiajbi in clad of course!) about the Right hand posession issue and polygamy. And I did it in a non-confrontational way to open up a space and allow her to voice her frustrations that she may not get to anywhere else.

She said "this isn't parliament". Welp.
  • Previous page 1 ... 17 18 1920 21 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »