Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Be My Friend on Facebook

(Read 5728 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Be My Friend on Facebook
     Reply #30 - August 12, 2015, 11:36 PM

Facebook itself scares me. “People you may know…” Yeah, I know them. But how the hell do *you* know that I know them. “We have reason to believe you are not using your real name…” Eff you, Face book! You don’t own me!

I know what you mean, but tbh that is exactly why I want to do this on Facebook. I want to discuss openly not in private and not anonymously with anonymous people. I don't mean you guys are anonymous - but in my time debating and discussing I have come across too many trolls and shady characters that I often think WTF is their agenda? And who the fuck are they? I like to see people know who they are and what angle they are coming from and I want them to see me as a real person and know exactly what I'm about.

I've had quite a few people who wanted to friend me but then wouldn't tell me who they are or why and their accounts look obviously fake - and I like that Facebook tries to stop these people from pretending they are something they are not.
     Reply #31 - August 12, 2015, 11:56 PM

I can see what you mean as well. I suppose the entire concept of privacy is bound to become a thing of the past eventually anyhow, and I might as well get with the program. Grin

InshaAllah one of these days soon I'll make it across the pond and enjoy one of your khutbahs in person.  Smiley
     Reply #32 - August 12, 2015, 11:59 PM

InshaAllah one of these days soon I'll make it across the pond and enjoy one of your khutbahs in person.  Smiley

I would make you Khateeb for the day, so make sure you have something prepared  Afro
     Reply #33 - August 13, 2015, 12:03 AM

Hah.  Cheesy The most I could promise would be mu'athin. No chance I'd put anyone off by going off script. Grin
     Reply #34 - August 13, 2015, 12:06 AM

grin12
     Reply #35 - August 20, 2015, 09:25 AM

Facebook is a pain, i have an old touch phone that doesnt quite register your fingers lol that i borrowed off one of my daughters because my phone has broken.. and in the space of a few days i have accidently joined discussion groups, added several people as friends that i dont know lol, got  random people writing on my timeline, where did they come from lol..  i did fall asleep with my phone in my hand, perhaps that was the problem  : /
     Reply #36 - August 20, 2015, 11:24 AM

lol...

I used to hate Facebook, because it seemed outside my control, but I've got the hang of it now and it is now my preferred place of residence on the internet  Afro
     Reply #37 - August 20, 2015, 02:36 PM

Facebook itself scares me. “People you may know…” Yeah, I know them. But how the hell do *you* know that I know them. “We have reason to believe you are not using your real name…” Eff you, Face book! You don’t own me!

That's funny. Up till now I haven't recognized a single person in the "suggestion friend" section Grin

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #38 - August 21, 2015, 01:20 AM

Just FYI I am more active on Facebook these days than I am on here and in fact I will not be posting here much from now on ...........................
     Afro

what? what happened Hassan?  now you don't have time to CEMB? what are you dating/visiting  pamelageller.com??    they seem to be very fond of  you... your tubes are popular over there..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #39 - August 21, 2015, 02:04 AM

That's funny. Up till now I haven't recognized a single person in the "suggestion friend" section Grin

It showed me people I haven't been in touch with in years.
     Reply #40 - August 21, 2015, 06:24 AM

Hassan is worth following on Facebook - he gets more eyeballs there - for the better or worse - than in a sanctuary like this.

The discussions his posts generate are always also worth reading.

But CEMB is still a great base to have I reckon - even for me as a Never-Muslim Smiley

BTW hit me up on Facebook if you dare Tongue https://www.facebook.com/nikolajlr

I try to keep track on people from CEMB but it is hard so don't be surprised if I write to you in Danish as most people on my friend list with "Muslim" names are Danish - but those are mostly "Muslim light" and will stand by Ex-Muslims. Because in Denmark you can be yourself Smiley Or so that is what we are struggling for!

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #41 - August 21, 2015, 07:55 AM

I find the lack of trolls a positive. Even Muslims which hold to traditional views are interacting in a positive manner. Something which is hard to come by in other mediums.
     Reply #42 - August 21, 2015, 04:17 PM

yes

And I believe that's the benefit of being open and not anonymous where people take on stupid personas.
     Reply #43 - August 21, 2015, 04:18 PM

Hassan is worth following on Facebook - he gets more eyeballs there...

Exactly - I am able to interact with Muslims - unlike on here. But as Nikki says, CEMB is still a great place - more like a social club these days for me though lol
     Reply #44 - August 21, 2015, 04:19 PM

what? what happened Hassan?  now you don't have time to CEMB? what are you dating/visiting  pamelageller.com??    they seem to be very fond of  you... your tubes are popular over there..

I want you to be my friend of Facebook Yeezy - I want to see the REAL you.
     Reply #45 - August 21, 2015, 04:43 PM

I find the lack of trolls a positive. Even Muslims which hold to traditional views are interacting in a positive manner. Something which is hard to come by in other mediums.

Yeah that's because they know that their family and friends are watching them make an ass of themselves lol
     Reply #46 - August 21, 2015, 06:41 PM

I get Danish politicians I dislike and Mehdi Hassan...

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #47 - August 21, 2015, 06:45 PM

I get random strangers. I have no friends Cheesy

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #48 - August 21, 2015, 06:50 PM

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #49 - August 21, 2015, 06:53 PM

Actually I think we would be great friends IRL

Reply #50 - August 21, 2015, 06:55 PM

Probably.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #51 - August 21, 2015, 07:02 PM

You do realise Sweden and England aren't that far apart. It'd be easy to hang out in person some time. Afro

Reply #52 - August 21, 2015, 07:08 PM

You are alwayswelcome in my house. Sweden sucks though, so I'll probably crash in your place for a week. What about New Years  grin12

Reply #53 - August 21, 2015, 07:14 PM

Might be in Istanbul.

Reply #54 - August 21, 2015, 07:26 PM

Reply #55 - August 21, 2015, 08:23 PM

Click this. Feel better. http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=5678.msg833579#msg833579

Reply #56 - August 21, 2015, 10:26 PM

Just to say Hassan, you have lovely children. Mine too r v liberal and have the same views as mine but the pretence has to b kept up i guess for the sake of family

"Question with boldness even the existence of God...because...if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear"...Thomas Jefferson
     Reply #57 - August 22, 2015, 04:06 PM

Thanks illusions *hugs*
     Reply #58 - August 29, 2015, 10:37 PM

I added you Hassan. You have a very lovely family  Smiley

And you Nikolaj, although I don't understand your posts  Cheesy
     Reply #59 - August 30, 2015, 10:00 AM

I added you Hassan. You have a very lovely family  Smiley

Excellent - and thanks Smiley
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »