Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves

(Read 162760 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 24 25 2627 28 ... 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves
     Reply #750 - September 01, 2015, 05:01 PM

My understanding is that when those who are lucky enough to make it to heaven will actually seem him in the shape of a human being. He is going to be the most beautiful being that any of creation has ever seen and he will have eyes and hands and a face like we do.

Where on earth did you get that understanding, btw?
  • Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves
     Reply #751 - September 01, 2015, 05:35 PM

Bible and then some hints in the Quran.

Bible - God created man in his image.
    Quran - It mentions hands, eyes and face of God.
     Reply #752 - September 01, 2015, 06:13 PM

Quod, do you want to carry on?
     Reply #753 - September 01, 2015, 06:17 PM

I'm still waiting for you to explain your last post on the one on one, unless you want to move to another subject. I'd be interested in what evidence you can provide for Adam, Noah and Moses.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #754 - September 01, 2015, 06:49 PM

The ice caps question?
     Reply #755 - September 01, 2015, 08:08 PM

Answered. Still no clue what it has to do with anything. I'd be interested in what evidence you can provide for Adam, Noah and Moses.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #756 - September 01, 2015, 09:18 PM

You don't find it fascinating that the weather is unpredictable and that there are some very strange things about it?

I don't have anything on Adam, Noah or Moses. Maybe science will make a new discovery in the near future.
     Reply #757 - September 01, 2015, 09:30 PM

You can predict weather. I was caught up in hurricane Sandy back in 2012 when it hit the US east coast. Everyone was expecting it and preparing for the outcome because people could, and they did, predict it hitting.

Reply #758 - September 02, 2015, 07:00 AM

Sorry but you are very lacking in some really basic science. I don't think there's much point going any further. It's gonna be too much hard work to go through the basics.
     Reply #759 - September 02, 2015, 07:07 AM

I refute what you say, thus I don't understand. Okay Ted. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Reply #760 - September 02, 2015, 07:23 AM

(for now these kind of things are observed at the quantum level Smiley)

and then when we get to the quantum level it's a different reality, literally.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #761 - September 02, 2015, 09:20 AM

I refute what you say, thus I don't understand. Okay Ted. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Thanks. It's been fun, it really has. I think a discussion like this needs dedication in time which I don't have at the moment. If you have the time then I would humbly urge you to take a look at some of the material from creationist sites. I know some are barmy but there is some good stuff out there.
     Reply #762 - September 02, 2015, 09:22 AM

Sorry gal but you have some issues that you need to deal with. I would again ask you to try fasting and to only eat natural unprocessed foods. Once the body is working better the mind works better. I speak from experience.
     Reply #763 - September 02, 2015, 09:23 AM

...............If you have the time then I would humbly urge you to take a look at some of the material from creationist sites.   I know some are barmy but there is some good stuff out there.

ted if you.. you..you.... have time  go there...   go  to those foolish sites and ask the fools to join CEMB to learn something that is called "COMMONSENSE" from folks here..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #764 - September 02, 2015, 09:55 AM

Sorry gal but you have some issues that you need to deal with. I would again ask you to try fasting and to only eat natural unprocessed foods. Once the body is working better the mind works better. I speak from experience.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #765 - September 02, 2015, 11:24 AM

Hmm I like this school. Look at that POT BELLY teacher... that guy need to run in desert before teaching school kids,..

That news is from here..   http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/800461  .,  but friends..Ted.. dear Ted..darling Ted  let us not send the children there for education..

Hmmmm...

Hell oh! Teddy. buddy.. darling...,    that gal  is smarter than any faith head and you ever will be in your life..

So,  be careful with   "natural unprocessed foods and  it is worse if they   are also UNCOOKED" unless your digestion system is as good as that of animals such as Nile Alligators..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h9re1bHt40

Sometime even vegetarians get hit by these "natural unprocessed uncleaned uncooked foods"  with bacteria such as salmonella or even E-coli...

Reply #766 - September 02, 2015, 01:45 PM

Let me try to explain again about the creation of life.

My hypothesis/statement (whatever you feel comfortable with) is that humans cannot create life from scratch and that life does not come into existence naturally. Now when I say life cannot be created by humans from scratch I mean any life not just the organic life we know of. So that includes robots or any other physical object as well. I'm not including life in computer programs ie software because they are virtual. If we included computers then that would mean we could say that we have created humans as well as other universes.

Irrelevant

The reason why not being able to create life from scratch is strange is because it's a very common entity found on the planet earth. Life is simply atoms and molecules arranged in a certain order. That's all nothing else. There is no mystery regarding what they are composed of. For me it's reasonable to assume that because life is so common on the earth and it's simply atoms and molecules arranged in a certain order then it should be pretty straight forward to put those molecules together and see life being created. Now if this did happen then no one would think much of it and move on. However because we can't there's significant amount of research going on to find out why - and I think there should be more.

Irrelevent

Also I'm not saying that we need to recreate the same steps that allegedly occurred when the first life form(s) came into being. I'm saying that we should be able to take the simplest cell and recreate it by which ever means without using another living entity such as a cell or other component of a cell. We know all the components of a living cell so it should be possible to simply recreate those components and put them together.

We have major gaps in our knowledge still. You overestimated what we know. However using what we know of we have cloned a number of animals.

Mycoplasma mycoides JCVI-syn1.0 - is not life created from scratch. Scientists simply cloned DNA and put that into and existing living cell. That's not creating life from scratch since they had to use another living cell. This just goes to show how much technological capabilities scientists have that they can clone DNA which are some of the finest components of a cell. Scientists can do this yet they can't do that with the rest of the components of a cell. You should be thinking why.

Irrelevent

I believe the Quran says we humans cannot create life (please don't go into procreation it's not the same thing). The creation of life for me is divine. Only God can do it. This is one of the miracles of God which God is showing us clearly. When we see new life come into being we are witnessing a miracle in front of our very eyes. This is one of the ways in which God manifests his abilities and power. Most importantly it's fully open. There is no hiding or mystery or some supernatural event occurring (for now these kind of things are observed at the quantum level Smiley). The Quran is a revelation telling you the reader to look in the earth and around you and learn about God himself. I personally believe the prophet Mohammed did no miracles, there was no splitting of the moon or any other miracle done to convince the people that he was indeed a prophet sent from God. The people of the time were meant to believe based on reasoning rather than seeing a dead person being brought back to life or the blind being cured. There are a number of powerful verses in the Quran which explain clearly why there is only one God. When reading the Quran you have to bear in mind that this was revelation given primarily to pagans. It refers to the Jews and Christians as well but it addresses them from a different perspective ie. it is re-confirming their beliefs.

Followed by the atypical argument from ignorance.

So the people who believed the prophet Mohammed did so based on their own reasoning rather than seeing any miracles. This is so that we can not say that the followers of Mohammed had an advantage over us since they physically saw miracles. In fact the science, technology and knowledge we have today is in fact more of an advantage to us today and puts us in a weaker position when it comes to the Day of Judgement. Incidentally a so called born Muslim does not have any more advantage than a non-Muslim but I guess that is a different topic.

Ad populum fallacy and relying on information from primitives

How all this relates to God is that I am trying to gather hypothesis/statements which point to God. For many just one thing may not be enough to convince someone that we have good evidence or at least reasoning for God but several hypothesis/statements may convince the majority of doubters.

Argument from ignroance

I think for each hypothesis/statements it's possible to come to a conclusion. In this case it's pretty clear that humans cannot create life from scratch. I KNOW that you guys will say that this is just something that we have no knowledge of or that we may be able to do it in the future. I accept that. What I want to get to is what we know NOW. We can argue all day long about what could have happened in the past or what will happen in the future but we will never know for sure. All we know is what we can test today.

Irrelevant

Hope the above clarifies where I am going with this. So the question for you is whether you are going to accept that humans cannot create life from scratch today?

Doesn't matter. You have no hypothesis, no data, nothing. Your sole data is a book from 1400 years ago. Nothing more. This is called a religious belief not science. 

So after a month being on ignore you have yet to go beyond arguments from ignorance. You just have provided more detailed fallacious arguments, nothing more.
     Reply #767 - September 02, 2015, 01:54 PM

bogart, are you still there my good friend?

Now I am. I waited a period of time to cool off and for you to develop better arguments. I have cooled off but see no better arguments from you. So at least one thing has improved. My replies to you will be sporadic with the new semester starting along with the chaos it brings. My application as a teacher's assistant made it's way to the Dean so I have an interview to prepare for as well. So between the above and what time I have do not put much stock into late replies. Also if I do get the job it will be teaching year 1 students which carries a lot of issues between students, the course and myself. At least leave once archaeology does not conform to their religious view. So my mood will also dictate if I reply or not.

Reply #768 - September 02, 2015, 02:32 PM

^Good luck with that bogart. Would it be your first time teaching?
     Reply #769 - September 02, 2015, 02:48 PM

bogart,

The speed of the rocket is faster when it's 100000m above the earth if the rocket remains over X. Question is where does the rocket get it's extra speed from if not from the atmosphere?

Reply #770 - September 02, 2015, 04:30 PM

CallMeTed  copy/pastes some nonsense from one of his LOL posts
    Lol.

I was trying to take it step by step to make it simple to understand.

The speed of the rocket is faster when it's 100000m above the earth if the rocket remains over X. Question is where does the rocket get it's extra speed from if not from the atmosphere?

and says....... BOGART...

bogart,

and I say   "SHUDUP Ted".. and go to school.....

Reply #771 - September 02, 2015, 08:13 PM

Relax yeez, you're gonna watch bogart learn something new.
     Reply #772 - September 02, 2015, 08:25 PM

Relax yeez, you're gonna watch bogart learn something new.

Cheesy Cheesy  

Oh my goodness.   Ted  are you playing the game of Devil's advocate  in this forum???

all right I will watch you teach bogart...lol...

Reply #773 - September 03, 2015, 09:45 AM

Sometime even vegetarians get hit by these "natural unprocessed uncleaned uncooked foods"  with bacteria such as salmonella or even E-coli...

There will always be that risk regardless of what you eat.

The food needs to be organic. Simply because it's natural food isn't enough. The food needs to be free from artificial fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides. It needs to be grown the way it was before the use of man made chemicals. Even the water from the tap is not great as the chemicals get into the water supplies.

Reply #774 - September 03, 2015, 03:50 PM

^Good luck with that bogart. Would it be your first time teaching?

Second time doing the same job. I resigned due to health and course loads issues before. The job postings are sessional or semester based so are limited in duration. I will have to reapply at the end of each contract's duration limit.

Reply #775 - September 03, 2015, 03:52 PM

bogart,

The pull of gravity is not as strong the farther from the center of the source of said gravity, simple. It is called escape velocity. You keep ignoring gravity is part of the scenario by the fact that you do not understand inertia, Newtonian law, which is generated by gravity. This leads you to ignore gravity's pull.

Again you have taught me nothing, besides how ignorant you are, and I have learned nothing new regarding physics since this is grade school physics I learned over a decade ago, almost two now. Your arrogance and condescending attitude that you are in any position to teach anyone anything is why you were put on ignore to begin with. Keep at it son, you will find yourself on my list again.

Again nothing you have said is evidence for your view. You are spouting arguments from ignorance, nothing more.
     Reply #776 - September 03, 2015, 04:02 PM

I'm shocked. I thought you'd be familiar with this.
     Reply #777 - September 03, 2015, 04:10 PM

The pull of gravity is not as strong the farther from the center of the source of said gravity, simple. It is called escape velocity. You keep ignoring gravity is part of the scenario by the fact that you do not understand inertia, Newtonian law, which is generated by gravity. This leads you to ignore gravity's pull.

Again you have taught me nothing, besides how ignorant you are, and I have learned nothing new regarding physics since this is grade school physics I learned over a decade ago, almost two now. Your arrogance and condescending attitude that you are in any position to teach anyone anything is why you were put on ignore to begin with. Keep at it son, you will find yourself on my list again.

Again nothing you have said is evidence for your view. You are spouting arguments from ignorance, nothing more.

What does gravity have to do with the speed of the hovering rocket?
    Forget about escape velocity and how the rocket is able to hover over point X. Imagine it's got some special engine which can let it do so.

Let's say point X is on the equator. Given that info you should be work out the speed of the rocket on the earth which can be done by using the diameter of the earth - 12,742 km and the time it takes to do one revolution, 24 hours. You should then also be able to work out the speed of the rocket when it is hovering over position X at an altitude of 100,000m above the earth.

Reply #778 - September 04, 2015, 11:27 AM

The pull of gravity increases and decreases due to distances of an object and that of the gravity well. As a rocket gains altitude it is gaining distances from the gravity well. Hence the thrust to weight ration decreases in relation to the pull of gravity and the distance of the object from the source of gravity.

If the rockets thrust is not high enough to gain more altitude then it will hover, providing enough fuel and reliability of the engine to overcome thrust bleed-off.

You confuse the speed of the rocket with inertia provided by the gravity well, like I said you know nothing of Newtonian physics. The answer is the same for both cases provided there is no force causing drift in any direction other than up and down.

http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/ask/a10840.html
     Reply #779 - September 04, 2015, 11:27 AM

I'm shocked. I thought you'd be familiar with this.

I told you the answers at least 3 times. You are only shocked because you do not read much of what anyone posts to you. Your shock is solely of your own making and lack of comprehension.
  • Previous page 1 ... 24 25 2627 28 ... 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »