Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves

(Read 162783 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 23 24 2526 27 ... 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves
     Reply #720 - August 25, 2015, 08:28 PM

The worst thing is I find it hard being clean, humble, patient and kind I just don't want to be like that.

You and me both. Engaging in cathartic activities such as martial arts really helps me.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves
     Reply #721 - August 25, 2015, 08:42 PM

I agree. I haven't been to the gym for a few weeks now. God willing I'll be back next week.
     Reply #722 - August 25, 2015, 08:55 PM

Gym tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1xXYeNrW9k

Reply #723 - August 25, 2015, 09:04 PM

Good tune but I can't stand profanity or most lyrics in songs. I love modern classical.
     Reply #724 - August 25, 2015, 09:10 PM

I'm a big fan of both Western Classical and Soul music.

Anyway, this any better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UajFxvB-y5Q

There's something very beautiful about the true bass voice. I'm a bass-baritone, myself.

Reply #725 - August 25, 2015, 09:31 PM

I love that. I've listened to so many versions. That one is real good kinda pure no fancy stuff.
     Reply #726 - August 25, 2015, 09:54 PM

Very true. I have to give him bonus points for the fact that he was playing at the same time.

Reply #727 - August 25, 2015, 09:59 PM

Hope you get to feel better soon Ted..
     Reply #728 - August 25, 2015, 11:12 PM

If it means anything, you don't come across as a bad person. Frustrating, but not bad.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #729 - August 25, 2015, 11:28 PM

I love modern classical.

I'm not so keen on modern classical, but this is great:
    Philip Glass - 3rd Symphony, 3rd Movement
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf28vvs0BOs

And this is greater still:
    Henry Purcell - Funeral Sentences
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhg0pupuJCs

Reply #730 - August 28, 2015, 07:50 AM

Good tune but I can't stand profanity or most lyrics in songs. I love modern classical.

Hellooo Ted.. teddy how are you doin?

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #731 - August 28, 2015, 10:46 AM

I agree. I haven't been to the gym for a few weeks now. God willing I'll be back next week.

Ted..teddy.. No..no..nooooooo...

forget god .. forget god willing..

what is needed here is  Ted willing ....    get your butt of the bed/chair run in to Gym.............

Reply #732 - September 01, 2015, 06:57 AM

OK, I've been to the gym. Feeling much better. Thanks for all the kind words of support. I'm hoping God is going to help in this situation and until I die. It's amazing. Just incredibly amazing how even the worse situations in life can actually be so enlightening.
     Reply #733 - September 01, 2015, 07:47 AM

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #734 - September 01, 2015, 08:04 AM

Give arguments to back up your statements. You've done it again just now.

For your first question, I've clearly explained that limited knowledge gives limited answers. We don't know for a fact how life started. I went through this with you. Don't just say say it can't be natural and then make something up about natural meaning artificial, give me your arguments. If you think you have given actual arguments then I don't know how to explain the difference between claims and statements and arguments.

Can humans create synthetic life through any other processes? Google Mycoplasma mycoides JCVI-syn1.0. But what exactly does this have to do with anything?

Let me try to explain again about the creation of life.

My hypothesis/statement (whatever you feel comfortable with) is that humans cannot create life from scratch and that life does not come into existence naturally. Now when I say life cannot be created by humans from scratch I mean any life not just the organic life we know of. So that includes robots or any other physical object as well. I'm not including life in computer programs ie software because they are virtual. If we included computers then that would mean we could say that we have created humans as well as other universes.

The reason why not being able to create life from scratch is strange is because it's a very common entity found on the planet earth. Life is simply atoms and molecules arranged in a certain order. That's all nothing else. There is no mystery regarding what they are composed of. For me it's reasonable to assume that because life is so common on the earth and it's simply atoms and molecules arranged in a certain order then it should be pretty straight forward to put those molecules together and see life being created. Now if this did happen then no one would think much of it and move on. However because we can't there's significant amount of research going on to find out why - and I think there should be more.

Also I'm not saying that we need to recreate the same steps that allegedly occurred when the first life form(s) came into being. I'm saying that we should be able to take the simplest cell and recreate it by which ever means without using another living entity such as a cell or other component of a cell. We know all the components of a living cell so it should be possible to simply recreate those components and put them together.

Mycoplasma mycoides JCVI-syn1.0 - is not life created from scratch. Scientists simply cloned DNA and put that into and existing living cell. That's not creating life from scratch since they had to use another living cell. This just goes to show how much technological capabilities scientists have that they can clone DNA which are some of the finest components of a cell. Scientists can do this yet they can't do that with the rest of the components of a cell. You should be thinking why.

I believe the Quran says we humans cannot create life (please don't go into procreation it's not the same thing). The creation of life for me is divine. Only God can do it. This is one of the miracles of God which God is showing us clearly. When we see new life come into being we are witnessing a miracle in front of our very eyes. This is one of the ways in which God manifests his abilities and power. Most importantly it's fully open. There is no hiding or mystery or some supernatural event occurring (for now these kind of things are observed at the quantum level Smiley). The Quran is a revelation telling you the reader to look in the earth and around you and learn about God himself. I personally believe the prophet Mohammed did no miracles, there was no splitting of the moon or any other miracle done to convince the people that he was indeed a prophet sent from God. The people of the time were meant to believe based on reasoning rather than seeing a dead person being brought back to life or the blind being cured. There are a number of powerful verses in the Quran which explain clearly why there is only one God. When reading the Quran you have to bear in mind that this was revelation given primarily to pagans. It refers to the Jews and Christians as well but it addresses them from a different perspective ie. it is re-confirming their beliefs.

So the people who believed the prophet Mohammed did so based on their own reasoning rather than seeing any miracles. This is so that we can not say that the followers of Mohammed had an advantage over us since they physically saw miracles. In fact the science, technology and knowledge we have today is in fact more of an advantage to us today and puts us in a weaker position when it comes to the Day of Judgement. Incidentally a so called born Muslim does not have any more advantage than a non-Muslim but I guess that is a different topic.

How all this relates to God is that I am trying to gather hypothesis/statements which point to God. For many just one thing may not be enough to convince someone that we have good evidence or at least reasoning for God but several hypothesis/statements may convince the majority of doubters.

I think for each hypothesis/statements it's possible to come to a conclusion. In this case it's pretty clear that humans cannot create life from scratch. I KNOW that you guys will say that this is just something that we have no knowledge of or that we may be able to do it in the future. I accept that. What I want to get to is what we know NOW. We can argue all day long about what could have happened in the past or what will happen in the future but we will never know for sure. All we know is what we can test today.

Hope the above clarifies where I am going with this. So the question for you is whether you are going to accept that humans cannot create life from scratch today?

Reply #735 - September 01, 2015, 08:36 AM

Let me try to explain again about the creation of life.

.......... Now when I say life cannot be created by humans from scratch I mean any life not just the organic life we know of. So that includes robots or any other physical object as welI'm not including life in computer programs ie software because they are virtual. If we included computers then that would mean we could say that we have created humans as well as other universes.

Mycoplasma mycoides JCVI-syn1.0 - is not life created from scratch. Scientists simply cloned DNA and put that into and existing living cell. That's not creating life from scratch .............

well. Damn you Ted..  you read/know so much of basic science but use VERY LITTLE OF YOUR COMMONSENSE WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR GOD OF (YOUR) RELIGION ted...

So now I understand when you say "Can you create life? otherwise there is god"

you are RIOT,, until unless these stupid people ..stupid atheists..stupid human beings create  Electron/proton/neutron/hydron/hydrogen atom and all other 90 or so atoms of periodic table first and then if they create life from it,  THEN  ONLY WE CAN BELIEVE THERE IS NO GOD/NO ALLAH OF QURAN.

Otherwise and  until then     we should believe in  this god of religions.

afterall GD MADE  female/male sleep / fuck each other out of which every species is born  and continuous to increase STUPID HUMAN BEINGS in their numbers.. sure they started with few and now filling this earth by eliminating all other species .

Reply #736 - September 01, 2015, 08:41 AM

I am reminded of this old joke

Reply #737 - September 01, 2015, 08:50 AM

Dearest yeez,

That is just part of the much bigger picture. When we get down to the molecular level things are not all that they seem and then when we get to the quantum level it's a different reality, literally.

Human are going to become more advanced. They're going to be able to do amazing things in the physical world. However the physical world is of no importance to God and to most people it's not the most important thing. What God cherishes is trust, love, honour, respect, dignity, compassion, sacrifice. All these things are free and everyone can give it. Be like Jesus and go out there give all of those things.

The physical world is for the non-believers. Let them have it and twice as much more.
     Reply #738 - September 01, 2015, 09:02 AM

Dearest yeez,

That is just part of the much bigger picture. When we get down to the molecular level things are not all that they seem and then when we get to the quantum level it's a different reality, literally.

Sure Ted sure that is all good and well.... and and........our Allah/god of religious NUTCASES  sits in that quantum world and rules this world through the process of tunneling in the human brain..  
    Human are going to become more advanced. They're going to be able to do amazing things in the physical world. However the physical world is of no importance to God and to most people it's not the most important thing.

OK

What God cherishes is trust, love, honour, respect, dignity, compassion, sacrifice. All these things are free and everyone can give it. Be like Jesus and go out there give all of those things.

Yap you are RIOT again indeed you are tapping to god's brain .. what you say is absolute truth and that is ..
    "Without this god of STUPID RELIGIOUS BOOKS  people can not have trust, love, honour, respect, dignity, compassion, sacrifice etc..etc.."

WHY THE FUCK I AM WRITING ALL THESE POSTS some 40000 or so for the past 12 years or so ?

Oh, non-believers like me have no trust,  no love, no honour, no respect, no dignity, no compassion, ..    now I know  I am robot.

FUCK THE HONOR
    The physical world is for the non-believers. Let them have it and twice as much more.

don't worry Ted ., This Mental world of believers is not that different from physical world of  the non-believers..

Reply #739 - September 01, 2015, 09:09 AM

What God cherishes is trust, love, honour, respect, dignity, compassion, sacrifice. All these things are free and everyone can give it.

Reply #740 - September 01, 2015, 09:14 AM

let me take freedom to rewrite your words  
    What God many human beings and many other species  cherishes is trust, love, honour, respect, dignity, compassion, sacrifice.  All these things are free and everyone many people + many animal species  can give it.

No..No..  not everyone... these Nonbelievers of religions and religious god/s  are CRUEL PEOPLE. .. VERY CRUEL PEOPLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vk1LKBRPlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TExZZQ7Vk5c

Reply #741 - September 01, 2015, 09:17 AM

OK suit yourself. Believe in what you want to believe.
     Reply #742 - September 01, 2015, 09:21 AM

OK suit yourself. Believe in what you want to believe.

thanks for giving that freedom to me dear Ted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzFNBH02oOo

Reply #743 - September 01, 2015, 10:21 AM

So the question for you is whether you are going to accept that humans cannot create life from scratch today?

I already answered this on the one on one. You asked if it should be possible and I stated plainly and clearly "No", so I fail to see how you would take this to mean I don't accept we can't.

Though if you accept non organic/biological life that's a different discussion as we'd have to define it and I have no clue what definition you'd be happy with.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #744 - September 01, 2015, 12:22 PM

Sorry I must have forgot.

If you want to go through the definition of life we can do but Wikipedia have a good one based on the simplest known living organism I believe. Let me know if you do otherwise I 'll move onto why scientists can't create life from scratch...with the current scientific knowledge.
     Reply #745 - September 01, 2015, 02:52 PM

The interesting thing is that Allah would not fit the definition of life.
     Reply #746 - September 01, 2015, 03:13 PM

God is not creation.
     Reply #747 - September 01, 2015, 03:16 PM

Is he alive?
     Reply #748 - September 01, 2015, 04:47 PM

God says he is the living God so yes.

Also there's no point in tying down God to specific definitions that apply to us humans or creation. Just because we say God is alive doesn't mean all other things that apply to living things apply to God. God does not need to eat or sleep.

For us we take it to mean that God is present, able to do things in the physical and is real and not just some voice or spirit who has no power over the world. My understanding is that when those who are lucky enough to make it to heaven will actually seem him in the shape of a human being. He is going to be the most beautiful being that any of creation has ever seen and he will have eyes and hands and a face like we do. This is one of the reasons why those who go to hell will never ever see God because if they did they did it would be a huge blessing for them.
     Reply #749 - September 01, 2015, 04:50 PM

Yet he does not fit the definition of life. I think one might call that a paradox. 
  • Previous page 1 ... 23 24 2526 27 ... 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »