Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Agnostic Muslim Rambling

(Read 21718 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Agnostic Muslim Rambling
     Reply #120 - September 18, 2015, 10:29 AM

In contnuation of  THAT POST  let me read some more under that blog..
    Hassan Radan  of Islam says
    Thank you for all the interesting comments. Peace & Love to all Smiley

True Pakistani   says • 2 days ago

Dear Mr Amir -- I'm so sorry for your current unstable mental state. It seems you r fighting lots of demons inside you. We all do it as humans. We all get confused. You are not the first one neither the last one. Even Mother Teresa challenged existence of God Almighty but continued to spread humanity in her own ways.

Since you have read Koran very well. So you must understand that religious beliefs are blind. They are not based on evidence. Other than moses (who claimed to have seen only a reflection of God almighty), no other human has claimed to see God, Allah, Bhagwan or any other super being known as our creator.

Either you r a Muslim or you r not. Its simple as that. You are not authorized to create your own terminology and expect others to believe in it. Either you accept fundamentals of Islam (you practice it or not is your own choice) OR you don't. You cannot pick and chose yourself and then claim your version of Islam (or any other religion for that matter) is the truth. You did not start Islam and you will not end it. You are no divine authority. If you are so fed up, just leave Islam. As you must have read in Koran: There is no compulsion in religion. You are NOT required to follow it neither claim to be a Muslim. Why r u making so difficult for yourself by venting your frustration? It went no where and will go no where.

Have a happy life.

Mohammad Rafique Etesame • 2 days ago

I am sorry brother but you are being mislead by Iblees and inordinate soul exists in your body. Because every man have no way but to move and do anything right or wrong. And what is right and what is wrong, everyone knows it better. Why one cannot stop himself from drinking wine, committing adultery or corruption etc. why?

Because he is being controlled by Iblis that is an open foe of human being. Do you agree that Iblis exists? As you believe in "something" and if you agree, then all your criticism on Islamic dogmas, Quran and Hadith is under the direction of Iblis. Please come back because a Just and Merciful God exists surely.

well there are 21 responses over there.. but those are interesting...  And I think That guy Iblis of CEMB  is responsible for  Hassan's state of mind...   finmad

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #121 - September 18, 2015, 10:32 AM

I visited Amr Ibn Al-Aas Mosque last week (first mosque built in Africa), and I had an urge to pray—so I did. I didn't do wudhu or anything, but it was deeply meditative. I felt calm afterwards.

Yes, I actually enjoy praying in an empty mosque - it's really calming.  Afro
     Reply #122 - September 18, 2015, 10:33 AM

Thumping one  Afro

I have to admit, Hassan, you almost have me coming around to this idea of yours. Like it or not, we are still products of this religion, we are still inheritors of this religion, and there is nothing wrong with human beings having a religious heritage. But if we all just bail, then only the ignorant fools will be left to define what mark our heritage ultimately leaves on the grand arc of history. So, maybe Islam does still need bright minds like yours.
     Reply #123 - September 18, 2015, 11:42 AM

Thanks HM.

Well all i can do is what is within my power. I can not control outcomes. What the results will be is anybody's guess.

"Nothing we do matters. But it matters that we do it."

-Gandhi
     Reply #124 - September 18, 2015, 12:29 PM

In contnuation of  THAT POST  let me read some more under that blog..

well there are 21 responses over there.. but those are interesting...  And I think That guy Iblis of CEMB  is responsible for  Hassan's state of mind...   finmad

Gah using Mother Teresa as an example. She was a horrible woman.
     Reply #125 - September 18, 2015, 12:56 PM

Gah using Mother Teresa as an example. She was a horrible woman.

Great ...   why is she so horrible? what did she do??

bogart by writing that  you sent me to read that http://nation.com.pk again   and you forced me to read about this girl you see down here

See what you did??   you are bad.. you made me to hate that girl....  you are bad bogart you are bad....

So bogart  who is more horrible that 15 year old girl or Mother Teresa?  and why?

Reply #126 - September 18, 2015, 12:56 PM

Thanks HM.

Well all i can do is what is within my power. I can not control outcomes. What the results will be is anybody's guess.

-Gandhi

Mother fucker. I thought I was being original when I first said that.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #127 - September 18, 2015, 12:58 PM

Considering how many videos you post of Hitchens, Dawkins, Dennit and Harris yeez, I'd be surprised if you didn't know about Mother Teresa.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #128 - September 18, 2015, 01:04 PM

Considering how many videos you post of Hitchens, Dawkins, Dennit and Harris yeez, I'd be surprised if you didn't know about Mother Teresa.

Hmm.. Me no..   Nope ..never................. i didn't know.. I don't know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokBgQ1LgDI

So what you are doing now a days QSE??  Jerking or bonking??

Reply #129 - September 18, 2015, 01:16 PM

Great ...   why is she so horrible? what did she do??

All the funding went towards hospice instead of hospitals as suffering was her primary idea regarding her religion. When she became ill she had no issue flying out of the area in order to get proper medical care, which she never bothered to extend to her victims. Read Hitchens book about her.

Teresa was still worse as she used the guise of charity and helping people, which she didn't even help, to cover for her fundamentals belief that suffering is good and Christ like. Which is the typical Christian idea that grounds the religion.
     Reply #130 - September 18, 2015, 01:23 PM

All the funding went towards hospice instead of hospitals as suffering was her primary idea regarding her religion. When she became ill she had no issue flying out of the area in order to get proper medical care, which she never bothered to extend to her victims

well I am not certain all the funding from her donations went for  hospice  but bogart you are NOT answering right question .. The question was

So bogart  who is more horrible that 15 year old girl or Mother Teresa?  and why?

Reply #131 - September 18, 2015, 02:09 PM

The answer was in the comment, read it again.
     Reply #132 - September 18, 2015, 02:24 PM

The answer was in the comment, read it again.

No one is unquestionable bogart .,  and that goes to me. you and Christopher Hitchens.    I read the comment and I just wanted to make sure   but you seem to  be on Hitch Slap w.r.t to Mother Teresa/Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu.,

This is NOT the right thread ..to discuss about her  and I read and know the way Christopher Hitchens argued about her/wrote about her..   May be we should learn more about her in a different thread..   

Reply #133 - September 18, 2015, 03:47 PM

Thanks HM.

-Gandhi

I'm rooting for you.

Great khutbah, as usual!  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #134 - September 18, 2015, 06:37 PM

No one is unquestionable bogart .,  and that goes to me. you and Christopher Hitchens.    I read the comment and I just wanted to make sure   but you seem to  be on Hitch Slap w.r.t to Mother Teresa/Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu.,

This is NOT the right thread ..to discuss about her  and I read and know the way Christopher Hitchens argued about her/wrote about her..   May be we should learn more about her in a different thread..   

There is a report on her from the University of Montreal that has zero to do with Hitchens which blackens her reputation far more than anything Hitchens wrote
     Reply #135 - September 18, 2015, 06:55 PM

I'm rooting for you.

Great khutbah, as usual!  Afro

Thanks asbie  Smiley
     Reply #136 - September 19, 2015, 02:19 PM

Just read last Friday's sermon. Wonderful stuff as usual Hassan. Except the bit about lineage. I'll have you know my bloodline is a proud one, and well worth bragging about. I wouldn't expect the rest of you peasants to understand. Only envy. Cool

Reply #137 - September 19, 2015, 03:22 PM

lol...  Afro
     Reply #138 - September 19, 2015, 04:43 PM

I meant to ask, how did you get picked up by The Nation? Serious congrats on that by the way.

Reply #139 - September 19, 2015, 05:03 PM

http://nation.com.pk again   and you forced me to read about this girl you see down here

(Clicky for piccy!)

That is wrong on so many levels.

Reply #140 - September 19, 2015, 05:49 PM

Thumping one  Afro

I have to admit, Hassan, you almost have me coming around to this idea of yours. Like it or not, we are still products of this religion, we are still inheritors of this religion, and there is nothing wrong with human beings having a religious heritage. But if we all just bail, then only the ignorant fools will be left to define what mark our heritage ultimately leaves on the grand arc of history.

You and Hassan were both as heavily immersed in islam as one could be so the islamic rituals like salah might still provide you with comfort.

Whenever I pray for appearance nowadays I always find salah makes me feel slightly degraded and insulted.  Like I'm being forced to bow down to an unworthy celestial dictator.

I want to look into meditation practices to satisfy my spiritual side.  Sam Harris books on meditation and spirituality without religion should be good.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #141 - September 19, 2015, 05:55 PM

Everyone has to do what's right for them. I mediated at first for a while as well, then found I already had something familiar that did essentially the same thing. I don't do salah often, honestly - maybe twice in the past year just for old time's sake, but when I do I don't focus on the same celestial tyrant most Muslims consider god to be, I concentrate on whatever is out there that might be greater than man and greater than our struggles. Again, I know it's not for everyone, but I'm not against people finding inner peace.
     Reply #142 - September 19, 2015, 06:27 PM

Comment on one of my Khutbahs that makes me feel good  Smiley

Horn News4 September 2015 at 07:59
    This is the Islam and Muslim i have been looking for all my life. Thanks

ReplyDelete
     Reply #143 - September 19, 2015, 07:41 PM

I'd love to live in a world with a greater proportion of this kind of Muslim as well.  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #144 - September 19, 2015, 09:53 PM

I tried to stay in, I did, I was looking at Irshad Manji and Amina Wadud and I wanted to do it. But I read Quran and I thought about what God was really saying, how God was coming through overall in every Ibrahamic faith, and I decided I was just completely done with Him. I didn't want to submit any more.
    It is no wonder to me that Christianity has such a long and convoluted story about what God is, was, and what God becomes. They change the original message so drastically because it is too disturbing without their additions, in my opinion. 

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #145 - September 20, 2015, 01:46 AM

I tried to stay in, I did, I was looking at Irshad Manji and Amina Wadud and I wanted to do it. But I read Quran and I thought about what God was really saying, how God was coming through overall in every Ibrahamic faith,   ,.........

well three,   forget Quran and forget god.. but if you do what Irshad Manji and what Amina Wadud  did or what Hassan Radan is doing in   countries like these

Afghanistan
    Albania
    Algeria
    Azerbaijan
    Bahrain
    Bangladesh
    Brunei
    Burkina Faso
    Chad
    Comoros
    Djibouti
    Egypt
    Guinea
    Indonesia
    Iran
    Iraq
    Jordan
    Kazakhstan
    Kosovo
    Kuwait
    Kyrgyzstan
    Lebanon
    Libya
    Malaysia
    Maldives
    Mali
    Mauritania
    Mayotte
    Morocco
    Niger
    Nigeria
    Oman
    Pakistan
    Palestine
    Qatar
    Saudi Arabia
    Senegal
    Sierra Leone
    Somalia
    Sudan
    Syria
    Tajikistan
    The Gambia
    Tunisia
    Turkey
    Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
    Turkmenistan
    United Arab Emirates
    Uzbekistan
    Western Sahara
    Yemen

I can add more ..

The best will be jail or if you are lucky taking asylum in western countries such as England or US of A   and the worst will be either you will be hiding or you will disappear from the face of earth

Reply #146 - October 09, 2015, 10:32 AM

Today's Khutbah on "The Companions of the Cave."

http://agnosticmuslimkhutbahs.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/the-companions-of-cave.html
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »