Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Agnostic Muslim Rambling

(Read 20736 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Agnostic Muslim Rambling
     Reply #90 - August 06, 2015, 01:12 AM

It's a neat trick for the kids when they have bad dreams.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #91 - September 01, 2015, 12:44 AM

The hilarity of what I’m quoting below doesn’t undermine its truthful profundity, happymurtad. This is because you’re one of those rare people with a knack for expressing these relatable absurdities in simpler terms which Tom, Dick and Harry (or if you really insist on it, then, Mohammads and Fatims) cannot experientially ignore. Our greatest teachers are not those who tell or show us how ‘reality’ within the impersonal public interest works. Rather, they are those who tap into the inexhaustible veracity which unlimitedly inspires us. I’m proud to be part of an online community you are a moderator of.

It's ironic how the same people who insist that their god is beyond human comprehension also claim to grasp him (her, it) within such a limited human context.

Perhaps the case could be made that agnostic Muslims are the ones who actually do not commit shirk, since they are the ones who don't associate their limited and flawed human understandings with god.  grin12

Reply #92 - September 01, 2015, 12:55 AM

happymurtad is so awesome I can't think of a word to describe him  Afro

And yes - Agnostic Muslims are the true Muwahhidoon lol  grin12
     Reply #93 - September 01, 2015, 01:13 AM

Embarrassed
     Reply #94 - September 14, 2015, 11:03 AM

Just posted this on my Facebook page:

Religion has always been so much more than its religious texts. Most members of a religion barely know what their religious texts say. Religion for most people is a way of expressing their spirituality. Their feelings and emotions about life and their beliefs about what lies beyond this physical world. It's about communal festivals and celebrations. Rituals to help them cope with tragedy, death and grief. It provides them with a social and cultural glue that holds them together. Gives them identity, meaning, direction and comfort. In a world where man has had to constantly struggle to survive surrounded by danger, pain and suffering, religion has been an invaluable coping strategy as well as a highly successful way of motivating and giving meaning to life.

The fact that all these religions are man-made does not negate their usefulness, symbolic meaning and powerful effect. There's nothing wrong with myths and stories. Mankind has since time immemorial used them to describe the indescribable. But there is a balance that needs to be maintained or they lose their usefulness and become harmful.

The Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu who founded Taoism put it well when asked to explain what Tao means, he said:

"Tao is God. Tao cannot be defined... If you can define a principle then it is not Tao."

In other words anything that can be said or thought of as the transcendental or God for want of a better word - is not God.

We have to live within metaphors, parables, similitudes, stories & myths in order to relate to God. Religion is fundamentally an attempt to define the indefinable. In order to do this, God then becomes as we define him. We create our own God or Gods. Our own way of interacting with that which is beyond definition.

In this way religion is like an artist's easel that provides the believer with a place to express his beliefs. It is a mirror that reflects what is inside of us.

It can be a vehicle for us to express all that's good in human nature. To express our love, gratitude, charity & compassion towards our fellow man. To consider our place in the world and our responsibilities. It can bind us together & give us direction, meaning, identity and a sense of well being. A place to help & support one another. To encourage each other towards what it good & just.

It can also be used for evil. To manipulate, oppress and control others. To create division & bloodshed. It can become a prison for the mind. Trapping it in slavish literalism. Misleading believers that they alone possess the pure unadulterated literal truth.They mistake the map for the territory. The model for the Universe.

This is particularly true amongst Muslims where the Qur'an is regarded by almost all Muslims to be the literal, perfect and infallible word of God.

The crisis Muslims are facing at the moment will never be solved until the Qur'an is placed back where it belongs amongst the man-made attempts at describing the indescribable.

The Qur'an is an amazing book but it is not perfect nor infallible. Recognising the Qur'an's human nature does not mean the end of Islam. Firstly the Qur'an can continue to be a source of wisdom. Recognising it's human nature is not to deny it's wisdom. But what it will do is free our minds and hands so Islam can evolve as we humans evolve rather than being frozen in time. So as we change so does our relationship with the rituals we follow change. But also as I said at the beginning, religion is so much more than it's religious texts. Millions of good decent loving people find comfort guidance and happiness in Islam yet they are being held prisoner by the self appointed guardians of the faith who's narrow, harsh literalism is actually the greatest danger to Islam.
     Reply #95 - September 14, 2015, 12:29 PM

happymurtad is so awesome I can't think of a word to describe him  Afro

Hmm.. that is easy... make the guy an Agnostic Muslim .. Well why make him?   force him to become Agnostic Muslim..

And yes - Agnostic Muslims are the true Muwahhidoon lol  grin12

Huh!  now you became Al-Muwahhidoon??  already soiled your underwear and changed from Agnostic  to  Druze?   Druze Muslim??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #96 - September 14, 2015, 12:37 PM

...... Religion for most people is a way of expressing their spirituality...............

I casually read that post and I see that ...   Sorry that is NOT true Hassan..  NOT for  Most people..

It is actually for  very few people "their Religion  is a way of expressing their spirituality"..

for majority religion is some sort community ritualistic  way of spending their lives.. what is spirituality ?   drinking spirit .  Vodka?

40% to 90% AB
    V,

Reply #97 - September 14, 2015, 12:41 PM

Awesome post Hassan.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #98 - September 14, 2015, 01:55 PM

for majority religion is some sort community ritualistic  way of spending their lives..

Erm... I know I'm wasting my breath but best to read before replying Yeezy as I said:

It's about communal festivals and celebrations. Rituals to help them cope with tragedy, death and grief...
     Reply #99 - September 14, 2015, 01:58 PM

Awesome post Hassan.

Cheers mate
     Reply #100 - September 14, 2015, 02:22 PM

Ok well it took a while but here's my first hate reply on FB.

Reply #101 - September 14, 2015, 02:31 PM

Geeze there's no words for that level of crazy..  : (
     Reply #102 - September 14, 2015, 03:34 PM

Not even going to bother reporting him as FB really don't seem to give a shit.
     Reply #103 - September 14, 2015, 03:38 PM

They're really throwing their intellectual heavyweights at you

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #104 - September 14, 2015, 03:40 PM

Sounds like a pretty pleasant guy. Grin

"She must know she is an adulteress"  Roll Eyes

Why is it always about sex with these guys? They say, "dig deep enough and it's always about the money." I don't think that's true for your foaming at the mouth fundamentalist. The fact that his mind immediately went to you and your wife sleeping together (and how much he hates that) speaks much about the sort of frustration these guys must be facing.

Reply #105 - September 14, 2015, 04:04 PM

Ok well it took a while but here's my first hate reply on FB.

Muhammed Bulbulia ..Muhammed Bulbulia......Muhammed Bulbulia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=5&v=YtTqBhyD_6A

Falling In Love With CEMB_Mohammed Bulbulia

Falling In Love With Muhammad (SAW) _Mohammed Bulbulia

Abolish Zionism, attend Deen Class_Mohammed Bulbulia

Reply #106 - September 14, 2015, 05:12 PM

That is one weird definition of adultery. Must be like a married bachelor. Am I missing something in relation to that definition?
     Reply #107 - September 14, 2015, 05:15 PM

If a spouse becomes an apostate the marriage is automatically invalid, so any fucking becomes sinful.
     Reply #108 - September 14, 2015, 09:49 PM

That fornication not adultery. Like I said its not the proper uses of words.
     Reply #109 - September 15, 2015, 12:16 AM

"Tao is God. Tao cannot be defined... If you can define a principle then it is not Tao."

I always feel uncomfortable with exclusivist religions - I think this is the core of the issue.

The fact that they can claim to know what God says and condemn specific portion of humanity to eternal torture... Wow I thought that part was reserved for God?

"Sharia" court or any form of theocracy is a joke. There's no God involved in it, it's just a bunch of balding old men with their interpretation of some holy text. Let's face it, God never say or claim anything, and yet they can claim that their interpretation is right. How do they confirm it? God? God doesn't talk to you. In fact, in Islam, God can't talk to you. Because you can't be a prophet, you are born after Moe.

In the end, just another form of social control... to control the masses.

The crisis Muslims are facing at the moment will never be solved until the Qur'an is placed back where it belongs amongst the man-made attempts at describing the indescribable.

Afro

TBH This is why the defense "ZOMG Why can illiterate goat herder write something as wonderful as Qurannnn!!!" never flies with me. There's nothing magical about Quran. There are far better manmade literature - why should Quran be different?
     Reply #110 - September 16, 2015, 10:43 AM

Article in the Pakistani publication "The Nation"

http://nation.com.pk/blogs/16-Sep-2015/why-i-self-identify-as-an-agnostic-muslim
     Reply #111 - September 16, 2015, 11:46 AM

Brilliant.

The Nation strikes me as a pretty amazing paper. Don't they publish Kunwar Khuldune Shahid's stuff too?

Weirdly schizophrenic country, Pakistan - courtly erudite cynics and absolute knuckle-draggers.
     Reply #112 - September 16, 2015, 12:38 PM

Hmm..  that former Amir of a North London starting of new wave in Pakistan ., It will Pack mullahs of Pakistan and send them all to the nearest  Barber Shop..  and I am going to send that link to these two guys you see at  http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=9022.msg836838#msg836838

Faith must be individual and Private affair... not a political party...   well Someday I would like to see that former  Amir of a North London  as Mayor of London   Cheesy

Reply #113 - September 16, 2015, 01:00 PM

Wow - you're a champ Hassan!
     Reply #114 - September 16, 2015, 01:54 PM

Great to see you are getting some press time.
     Reply #115 - September 17, 2015, 01:00 AM

That's great! Good for you!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #116 - September 17, 2015, 07:03 AM

Iqbal  says on that blog

I call this an act of immense courage, and immense humility. Unfortunately, neither of these rare qualities may be appreciated by the lot. So please be prepared for the choicest curses. And if religion is to be believed, all your sins will be washes away by those curses of the abusers. May peace be with you.

Adnan Khalid   says :

A very well authored article, which tries its best to explain the dogma faced by many who question the linkage between a "traditional religion" and a religion based on practicality and an eventual way of life, without the bias of a one-dimensional articulation of a specific language. Thank you for this indeed. There is a lot to learn from the ancient scriptures (which ultimately turned into a religion to herd the people for unison and easy management!), but there is no need to not give room for questions on the fallibility of these religions and the practices it imposes in the current context.

fearsome  says:  

Islam begins with "no god except allah" and thus ruins the very possibility of free thought or peaceful co-existence with others. The muslim is always finding some ways to justifiy his arrogance and closed-minded-ness. Islam has the long-term goal of exterminating non-muslims. It has been done in the past 1400 years from region to region and muslims are proud of it and told to continue with this program (of pogrom).

well I am sure more than three read that blog at that news link..

Reply #117 - September 17, 2015, 10:45 AM

dance

Nice article Hassan!!
     Reply #118 - September 18, 2015, 02:12 PM

Today's Khutbah on Refugees & Helping Others.

http://agnosticmuslimkhutbahs.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/refugees-helping-others.html

Reply #119 - September 18, 2015, 02:16 PM

I visited Amr Ibn Al-Aas Mosque last week (first mosque built in Africa), and I had an urge to pray—so I did. I didn't do wudhu or anything, but it was deeply meditative. I felt calm afterwards.
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »