Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Absurdity in the Qur'an

(Read 4345 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Absurdity in the Qur'an
     OP - July 28, 2015, 09:27 AM

Hello,

I've noticed that there is a wealth of resources on the bible and its absurdities like not being allowed to stay in the same house with your wife if she's on her period etc. I'm wondering if anyone knows a blog or resource where I can find a list of absurdities in the Qur'an or if you know any please share Smiley.

Edit: I've started a quick list of submissions and their source from quran.com

http://quran.com/33/53
    O you who believe! Enter not the Prophet's houses, except when leave is given to you for a meal, (and then) not (so early as) to wait for its preparation. But when you are invited, enter, and when you have taken your meal, disperse, without sitting for a talk. Verily, such (behaviour) annoys the Prophet, and he is shy of (asking) you (to go), but Allah is not shy of (telling you) the truth. And when you ask (his wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and for their hearts. And it is not (right) for you that you should annoy Allah's Messenger, nor that you should ever marry his wives after him (his death). Verily! With Allah that shall be an enormity.

http://quran.com/4/34
    Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands), and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity, their husband's property, etc.). As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful), but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great.

Reply #1 - July 28, 2015, 11:40 AM

Hello,

I've noticed that there is a wealth of resources on the bible and its absurdities like not being allowed to stay in the same house with your wife if she's on her period etc. I'm wondering if anyone knows a blog or resource where I can find a list of absurdities in the Qur'an or if you know any please share Smiley.

hellllooooooooooooo    Lookout ., Ha! you joined the forum a year ago  and wrote some 25 posts or so but I never read you.,   So greeting and my good wishes to you and let me formally welcome to the den of CEMB.

That is a good heading.....good thread to explore Quran with reference to absurdity.  True there are plenty of absurdities in every so called  religious texts, hence Quran is no exception to that rule..  In fact I say  to start with any faith , every hypothesis, every assumption such a existence of god/allah/super duper controller of this VAST UNIVERSE with billion and billions of planets is an ABSURDITY..  So it is OK to start with  to have absurdities. The problems come when you explore and question those absurdities because the  heroes of these religions along with their followers will not allow you to do that.. In fact they often subjugate,  beat and even kill you if you openly question their stupid beliefs.

Anyways Lookout, You started the thread so it is your responsibility  to educate the readers on the list of   Absurdities in Quran. After all Quran  just has ~6300 verses . So if you read some 20 verses a day, from the day you joined CEMB  by now you would have completed all those verses and list the absurdities in it..  After all Quran is freely available on web and  moreover half of your job is already done bythose who listed absurdities in bible because almost 60% of it is copy/pasted stories from OT/NT with a bit of twist here and there.   So buckle up and read Quran Lookout ...  Cheesy Cheesy

Let me start with NUMBER-1 Absurdity in Quran

1). Quran is word of Allah/super duper god that controls anything and everything at all times in this universe..

2.009 : They desire to deceive Allah and those who believe, and they deceive only themselves and they do not perceive.

002.010 : There is a disease in their hearts, so Allah added to their disease and they shall have a painful chastisement because they

see that fundamental absurdity of this allah/god/creator (whatever SHIT IT MAY BE) in those two simple verses?

You being the creator of every thing  why would you create a person/people  who have a disease in their heart that  deceive you?

That is stupid to create things that destroys you....   like human beings and Atomic Weapons ..  off-course human beings are evolved highly intelligent  animals and stupid.. but but you are the creator....  

well I think that is absurdity  Lookout., don't you think so?   Any way I can live  with absurdities in so-called religious texts., but it is hard to live with people WHO ARE SO STUPID that believe in these absurdities...

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - July 28, 2015, 04:36 PM

Quran 33:35

http://quran.com/33/53

O you who have believed, do not enter the houses of the Prophet except when you are permitted for a meal, without awaiting its readiness. But when you are invited, then enter; and when you have eaten, disperse without seeking to remain for conversation. Indeed, that [behavior] was troubling the Prophet, and he is shy of [dismissing] you. But Allah is not shy of the truth. And when you ask [his wives] for something, ask them from behind a partition. That is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not [conceivable or lawful] for you to harm the Messenger of Allah or to marry his wives after him, ever. Indeed, that would be in the sight of Allah an enormity.

What guidance is mankind supposed to derive from this? Seems more like Mohammed is using Allah to tell people to leave him alone when he is not in the mood for company, and not marry his wives after him.
     Reply #3 - July 29, 2015, 01:56 PM

Thanks yeezevee,  the thought just popped into my head when I made the post, then I went looking and didn't find.
    I've now decided to read the qur'an and make notes along the way.

Roberto40, It's so funny that god would say that considering the prophet himself married his first wife, Khadijah, after her 3 previous marriages.

There's the infamous, 4:34 which states that we lightly beat women who don't protect their chastity or their husband's property and literally states that men are superior to women.

Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands), and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity, their husband's property, etc.). As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful), but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great.

Reply #4 - July 29, 2015, 02:12 PM

Someone has already thought of this FYI Smiley

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/abs/long.html

إطلب العلم ولو في الصين

Es sitzt keine Krone so fest und so hoch,
    Der mutige Springer erreicht sie doch.

I don't give a fuck about your war, or your President.
     Reply #5 - July 29, 2015, 02:51 PM

Roberto40  puts out a CRIMINAL VERSE from Quran from that Surah -33  

Quran 33:35 O you who have believed, do not enter the houses of the Prophet except when you are permitted for a meal, without awaiting its readiness. But when you are invited, then enter; and when you have eaten, disperse without seeking to remain for conversation. Indeed, that [behavior] was troubling the Prophet, and he is shy of [dismissing] you. But Allah is not shy of the truth. And when you ask [his wives] for something, ask them from behind a partition. That is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not [conceivable or lawful] for you to harm the Messenger of Allah or to marry his wives after him, ever. Indeed, that would be in the sight of Allah an enormity.

What guidance is mankind supposed to derive from this? Seems more like Mohammed is using Allah to tell people to leave him alone when he is not in the mood for company, and not marry his wives after him.

Hello Roberto40., I would not consider that as an absurd verse  but a verse to expose   criminal nature of alleged Prophet of Islam.  This surah-33 has plenty of such verses.,   In fact I am of the opinion these  verses you see below from that surah ARE NOT FROM THE 1-st Preacher of Islam.. "The Originnal Muhammad"   but later added in to the book by some rascals way after his death..

Quran has ONLY ONE MESSAGE in it  and  that is..
    "There is only one supreme controller of this universe, call it god or call it allah  or whatever name you may call it. And Jesus Christ is NOT son of god but  just a messenger/prophet like any other earlier prophets before his birth"

All so-called Meccan surahs of Quran essentially stress that  point  " that Christ is NOT son of god/allah" .. that is only the message in Quran .. rest of it is filled with some silly stories.. polemic statement to reinforce the faith and some NONSENSE like that verse 33:35. And. and I think it is possible that First guy .... the first Muhammad...The Islamic prophet may have highlighted that point to Arabian Pagans, Arabian Christians and other people/tribes living in  Arabian peninsula of that time.

Anyways going to back to that surah-33 and nonsense in it .. let me read some verses from it. Classical Islam tells us that   Surah 33 Al-Ahzab  has 73 verses and allegedly revealed in Madina,  may be to that 3rd fictional  Muhammad  after he had some 10 or 11 wives during his last 13 years of his life.  So this SUrah  is trying to defend these Sexual Predatory fraudulent stories on a Muhammad through this Allah thingy.  Let me write MY TAFSIR to that nonsense surah...

033.001: O Prophet! be careful of (your duty to) Allah and do not comply with (the wishes of) the unbelievers and the hypocrites; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise;

IRRELEVANT NONSENSE....... trying to chide/insult those who question  alleged revelations..

033.002-003 : And follow what is revealed to you from your Lord; surely Allah is Aware of what you do;**** And rely on Allah; and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.[/b

FAITH REINFORCEMENT ...    statements to brainwash believers by infusing fear in their minds..  

033.004 : Allah has not made for any man two hearts within him; nor has He made your wives whose backs you liken to the backs of your mothers as your mothers, nor has He made those whom you assert to be your sons your real sons; these are the words of your mouths; and Allah speaks the truth and He guides to the way.

ABSOLUTE NONSENSE..... on top of it it is  trying to defend the criminal nature of that 3rd Muhammad..

033.005 : Assert their relationship to their fathers; this is more equitable with Allah; but if you do not know their fathers, then they are your brethren in faith and your friends; and there is no blame on you concerning that in which you made a mistake, but (concerning) that which your hearts do purposely (blame may rest on you), and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

ANOTHER ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.. trying  to use allah and trying to cover the mistakes/Sexual predatory habits  of  so-called prophet

033.006    The Prophet has a greater claim on the faithful than they have on themselves, and his wives are (as) their mothers; and the possessors of relationship have the better claim in the ordinance of Allah to inheritance, one with respect to another, than (other) believers, and (than) those who have fled (their homes), except that you do some good to your friends; this is written in the Book.

YAP.,  HIS WIVES ARE YOUR MOTHERS AND YOUR WIVES ARE HIS RIGHT HAND POSSESS

033.007: And remember We took from the prophets their covenant: As (We did) from thee: from Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus the son of Mary: We took from them a solemn covenant

IRRELEVANT NONSENSE IN THE MIDDLE OF SOME CRIMINAL ACTIVITY.......

033.008 : That He may question the truthful of their truth, and He has prepared for the unbelievers a painful punishment.

SURE BULLSHIT ... for brainwashing and fear infusing in the minds of innocent folks..  

033.009 : O you who believe! call to mind the favor of Allah to you when there came down upon you hosts, so We sent against them a strong wind and hosts, that you saw not, and Allah is Seeing what you do.

GIBBERISH  polemic statement  

033.010 : Behold! they came on you from above you and from below you, and behold, the eyes became dim and the hearts gaped up to the throats, and ye imagined various (vain) thoughts about Allah!

THAT IS ONE HECK OF AN ABSURD STATEMENT

So In my opinion  out of those 10 verses there is only ONE absurd statement  dear Lookout

Reply #6 - July 29, 2015, 02:52 PM

Someone has already thought of this FYI Smiley

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/abs/long.html

Hmm That is good site countjulian.. They should add absurd and silly verses from other religions  apart from Bible And Quarn..

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »