Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: An ex-Muslim girl from North Africa.

(Read 2811 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • An ex-Muslim girl from North Africa.
     OP - July 12, 2015, 12:42 AM

Hi guys, I'm so happy I found this website.
    I'm a Moroccan girl, Atheist, living currently in Casablanca with my mom and dad. I'm 18 years old. I left Islam 3 years ago, for many reasons.. The first one was that the idea of a god itself didn't make sense to me anymore. I've read many things about, you know, the theory of evolution, the big bang theory ... And I've found some contradictions with the idea of a supernatural power called "God" or Allah or whatever, and some science theories. So I gave up religion for science. And a little by little, I also discovered all the mistakes that exist in the Quran, mainly, scientific ones, also all the unfairness in this religion....So I realized that religion is not something I could never believe in, especially Islam.
    But, sadly, I'm wearing the Hijab since 11yo... And when I wanted to take it off, my mom said that I couldn't, if I wanna finish my studies.
    Last year, one of my classmates was an atheist as well, he was the only atheist I met in real life. We were really close friends, we were always laughing when the other students or the teachers say something like: how peaceful and great Islam is .... We were calling each other and stuff. But ... he died 3 days ago .... And I was, and still, heartbroken .... I lost the only person who understood me, and did not make fool of me ... And I can do nothing about it ...

Anyway, I just wanna say thank you to the council for the great work that they do to make other ex-Muslims comfortable and free to say what they believe in on the net ... I am happy to know that I'm not alone.
    I hope someday I could get out of Morocco, and leave all the darkness I lived here behind..

Atheist, Moroccan, Feminist, but most importantly HUMAN.
     Reply #1 - July 12, 2015, 04:35 AM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #2 - July 12, 2015, 09:59 AM

Welcome to the forum unknown.

I really sorry to hear about your friend's death. That must be so hard. How are you coping with it all? Sometimes it helps to talk about these things as grief can be so overwhelming  far away hug

Do look after yourself and your emotional well-being. And focus on your higher education so that hopefully one day you will be able to become financially independent.

Did you know there is a Facebook group for ex-muslims in Morocco? Maybe you could secretly join it by creating a fake account or something so you can connect with like minded people nearby.... and make sure you are careful so your parents don't find out.

Enjoy your stay here  Smiley

Reply #3 - July 12, 2015, 09:59 AM

Welcome Unknown  parrot
     Reply #4 - July 12, 2015, 11:09 AM

Welcome to the forum. So sad to hear about your friend. 
    bunny parrot bunny
     Reply #5 - July 12, 2015, 01:20 PM

Welcome to the forum from a fellow North-African atheist. I'm so sorry for your loss  far away hug I hope this forum can help in a way to make you feel less lonely.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #6 - July 12, 2015, 04:20 PM

Welcome to the forum.  Sorry about the loss of your friend.  parrot parrot
     Reply #7 - July 12, 2015, 07:14 PM

Welcome.  far away hug
     Reply #8 - July 12, 2015, 08:21 PM

Thank you guys, you are very nice.
    And for my friend, I guess I'll take it as a good thing, it's like if he's sleeping now... He won't have to suffer anymore, or worry about others... So yeah, good for you my friend I'll always love you.

Did you know there is a Facebook group for ex-muslims in Morocco? Maybe you could secretly join it by creating a fake account or something so you can connect with like minded people nearby.... and make sure you are careful so your parents don't find out.

Thank you very much sir Wankalot, I tried to do that before, I've found some interesting people in my city, but knowing that I study engineering, I barely have time for social activities.
    I think, and as you advised me,  I should focus on my higher education first... Hoping that someday it'll get me out of, at least, my city.

Thank you all again, you are very kind.

Atheist, Moroccan, Feminist, but most importantly HUMAN.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »