Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ex-Muslim from Toronto, Canada

(Read 5375 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex-Muslim from Toronto, Canada
     OP - July 06, 2015, 09:15 PM

Glad tiding and salutations upon thee fellow Ex-Muslims Smiley

Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself in this wonderful forum & to this community.

I am an Ex-Muslim living in Toronto, Canada. I am still mostly in the closet given my religious family and friends, and keep my disbelief on the down low, albeit I don't hide that I don't pray nor fast to my parents. Of course this causes my parents, and especially my mom much angst. We've had a lot of chats and I think at this stage, I'm past (immune to) all the emotional blackmail. You know... "what did we do wrong?", "is this how you reward us for educating you", "Allah must be punishing us" and "children are the sadaqatul jariyah for their parents" etc. I think my parents kind of know I've gone astray from the flock, but we don't discuss it and the rest of the family and friends are none the wiser. I'm trying to keep up appearances in public, but of course it's a charade to placate my parents. I think what's really important to them, especially my mom, is what people will think. You see.. my mom is one of the family's resident in-house Islamic scholars and the family even call her an Alima, so of course news of my apostasy might reduce her authority and status, and create fissures in "the enterprise". We've all been through these shenanigans more or less Smiley

I would love to meet up with other fellow Ex-Muslims to build enduring friendships without being judged for what I believe, or don't   Tongue

Peace.
     Reply #1 - July 06, 2015, 09:41 PM

Welcome aboard this magical forum!  parrot parrot parrot parrot Parrots for you!

Your story sounds much familiar! Sadly I can't meet up with you unless you feel like travelling to Denmark but I still want to be your friend! cheers!  far away hug

You are the Universe, Expressing itself as a Human for a little while- Eckhart Tolle
     Reply #2 - July 06, 2015, 10:09 PM

Welcome to the forum deslyfox, have a rabbit!  bunny

I think many of us can relate to your situation, and I hope you make many great friends here!  Smiley

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #3 - July 06, 2015, 10:25 PM

Welcome Smiley
     Reply #4 - July 06, 2015, 11:16 PM

Thank you Ishtar90, Asbie and Hassan for the welcome.

Ishtar90 - hopefully we'll meet up - the world is a small enough place these days.

Asbie - thank you and I look forward to making friends.

Hassan - thanks, and loved all your videos btw!
     Reply #5 - July 07, 2015, 03:43 AM

Welcome! parrot

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #6 - July 07, 2015, 07:12 AM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #7 - July 07, 2015, 08:08 AM

Welcome to the forum Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #8 - July 07, 2015, 09:14 AM

Welcome  bunny bunny bunny
     Reply #9 - July 07, 2015, 10:13 AM

Welcome to the dark (or light) side - depends from which angle you looking at it from. Have a  parrot and  piggy for good measure. Your shenanigans are very much understandable and even very "normal" under the circumstances. Please stay right here, you will make plenty friends from far away hug

Tired of the bull-shit. I write my own doctrines.
     Reply #10 - July 07, 2015, 12:50 PM

thnkyu three, Quod Sum Eris, Naerys, NCM and Anti-bullshit for the welcome!
     Reply #11 - April 13, 2016, 11:41 PM

Glad tiding and salutations upon thee fellow Ex-Muslims Smiley

Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself in this wonderful forum & to this community.

I am an Ex-Muslim living in Toronto, Canada. I am still mostly in the closet given my religious family and friends, and keep my disbelief on the down low, albeit I don't hide that I don't pray nor fast to my parents. Of course this causes my parents, and especially my mom much angst. We've had a lot of chats and I think at this stage, I'm past (immune to) all the emotional blackmail. You know... "what did we do wrong?", "is this how you reward us for educating you", "Allah must be punishing us" and "children are the sadaqatul jariyah for their parents" etc. I think my parents kind of know I've gone astray from the flock, but we don't discuss it and the rest of the family and friends are none the wiser. I'm trying to keep up appearances in public, but of course it's a charade to placate my parents. I think what's really important to them, especially my mom, is what people will think. You see.. my mom is one of the family's resident in-house Islamic scholars and the family even call her an Alima, so of course news of my apostasy might reduce her authority and status, and create fissures in "the enterprise". We've all been through these shenanigans more or less Smiley

I would love to meet up with other fellow Ex-Muslims to build enduring friendships without being judged for what I believe, or don't   Tongue

Peace.

What's up, from University of Western!!!!!!! parrot bunny far away hug (even though you are not that far away), wish I could meet up but I just deconverted a few months ago and still in the closet and still way too paranoid to talk about this, in the meantime I am only comfortable on the internet Incognito (Can't let anyone find this cuz I don't want to through any drama, and incase any of my muslim friends at uni use my computer they never get any doubt about my "Imaan  Cheesy  whistling2 whistling2), Still feels great though that there are others not too far away

As a scientist I can see farther than any human before me by standing on the shoulders of giants (previous scientists); As a religious follower I can not see what is right in-front of me, even when others INDEPENDENTLY see the same thing!
     Reply #12 - April 13, 2016, 11:45 PM

I feel like pretty much every "muslim" especially in university here are atheists but they haven't actually realized that yet, I found most people are liberals who have no idea what Islam is about because they never read the Quran in their language lol, to them Quran is just this thing they hear from reciters like Mishary or Maher al Muaiqly.

And if people realize Islam makes no sense, it is not hard for most people to pretend to be muslim to their family because many families will just assume you are not a good muslim so it is not "that hard" to stay in the closet because as long as you are a guy, you can do almost whatever you want because your parents don't consider that you could become any different than the religious kid you were when you left high school, and then went to university where bad ideas (Religion) go to die, because any idea is fair game  dance

As a scientist I can see farther than any human before me by standing on the shoulders of giants (previous scientists); As a religious follower I can not see what is right in-front of me, even when others INDEPENDENTLY see the same thing!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »