Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ex Muslim From Pakistan

(Read 3349 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex Muslim From Pakistan
     OP - July 05, 2015, 11:35 PM

Hello everyone. I am an atheist living in Pakistan. Bad combo, I know. But oh well...
    My story is very weird. I used to be a believer, did everything that Islam said, wouldnt hear a word against my religion and all that stuff. But then I began to lose faith. I dont know the exact moment or why it happened but I was pretty sure that I am doing something wrong. I didnt become an atheist, I became a Satanist LOL I still dont know why I did that. I was 16 back then, rebellous teenager I guess? This continued for the next two years and then again unsatisfied and feeling stupid, I became a Shi'ite muslim. That was even stupider and didnt continue for more than 6 months. I still called myself a Muslim but inside I didnt believe. Then science happened, and it was like I have fallen in love. I didnt even know about atheism back then, all I knew was that if science says A and Islam said B, I would choose science over Islam. Two years ago, I told my mom about me being an atheist, almost everyone in my family and relatives know that now. I have been very open with it, all my friends know it too and thats why the isolation. Mom was accepting, she didnt force me to pray or anything, she listens when I tell her how different science and Quran is. She just doesnt allow me to insult her religion directly which i think is fair. So thats all. I have friends, but none that I can call my best friend, none that I can share my thoughts or interests with, they think I am below them because I am a Kafir. I think I am above them because I am intelligent. So I am usually angry at everyone for being stupid and not even listening or considering what I say. And after I emailed to Maryam.N for help, they suggested me this forum and I think it would be good for me if I got to talk to like minded people. So here I am. Anyone from Pakistan though?
     Reply #1 - July 06, 2015, 02:06 AM

Welcome to the forum Hira, have a rabbit!  bunny

I'm from the USA, although my parents are from Pakistan. You had quite a colorful journey there Hira, I wonder if you kept any friends or contacts from the Satanist community?

Anyway I know it can feel very isolating being an atheist and hence not really belonging to the community of one's family, but this online community has been very helpful for me through those tough moments. I hope you will feel free to share your interests and thoughts with us as we get to know one another better.  Look forward to hearing more from you!  Smiley

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #2 - July 06, 2015, 02:20 AM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3 - July 06, 2015, 01:14 PM

Welcome to the forum Hira, have a rabbit!  bunny

I'm from the USA, although my parents are from Pakistan. You had quite a colorful journey there Hira, I wonder if you kept any friends or contacts from the Satanist community?

Anyway I know it can feel very isolating being an atheist and hence not really belonging to the community of one's family, but this online community has been very helpful for me through those tough moments. I hope you will feel free to share your interests and thoughts with us as we get to know one another better.  Look forward to hearing more from you!  Smiley

Yeah it's been very confusing. I tried very hard to find the right god, but i failed because there was no god. Thanks to science otherwise by now I would have been a buddhist lol. And no, I had my satanist friends on Orkut, the oldest social network, and when I switched to Facebook I didnt add them there. None of them were from Pakistan anyway.

Yeah I have been finding this forum very informative, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Smiley
     Reply #4 - July 06, 2015, 01:31 PM

Hi Hira,

welcome to the forum  parrot

I think we have a lot of people from Pakistan here (although not all of them are very active, anymore).
     Reply #5 - July 06, 2015, 02:08 PM

Welcome to the forum Hira Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #6 - July 06, 2015, 02:17 PM

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome Smiley
     Reply #7 - July 06, 2015, 06:12 PM

Welcome. There is even an Urdu board on here, as there are many with Pakistani origin here. Smiley
    But probably not many who live in Pakistan though. I remember this Pakistan based guy, atheist.pk, who used to frequent here earlier, but I haven't seen him around for a few years.
     Reply #8 - July 06, 2015, 09:53 PM

Yes I did see the Urdu board, thats a very nice effort for people from other countries. I am checking out the science section these days, and I must say its great stuff. I can finally answer my muslim friends when they claim that Quran is scientific. I think I am a militant atheist :/
     Reply #9 - July 06, 2015, 10:26 PM

Welcome Smiley
     Reply #10 - July 08, 2015, 07:32 PM

Khush amdeed! Welcome to the forum!!!! Smiley  parrot parrot parrot parrot parrot parrot

By the way I am a douche at times, ignore what I put in the other thread if you want  bunny bunny bunny bunny

One only acquires wisdom when one sets the heart and mind open to new ideas.

Chat: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/#ex-muslims
     Reply #11 - July 08, 2015, 08:14 PM

Thankyou. And nah its fine, stuff like this will actually make me sharper so i can argue with my muslim friends better. Bring it on!  thnkyu
     Reply #12 - July 08, 2015, 09:18 PM

Thankyou. And nah its fine, stuff like this will actually make me sharper so i can argue with my muslim friends better. Bring it on!  thnkyu

Just saw this after, daaamn Cheesy I'll go back and write counters to the stuff you wrote when I have more time  cool2

One only acquires wisdom when one sets the heart and mind open to new ideas.

Chat: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/#ex-muslims
     Reply #13 - July 08, 2015, 11:02 PM

Desperately waiting. May the force be with you.  Wink
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »