Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Another day another Blaspehmy case from Land of Pure

(Read 1385 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Another day another Blaspehmy case from Land of Pure
     OP - July 03, 2015, 04:25 PM

Another day another Blasphemy case from Land of Pure

About 500 people Sadar Farooqabad town attacked Owasis Maisha and his wife  after  neighbor complained that they were sleeping on Plastic sheets that had some Arabic Quran verses. The  mob who were attempting to lynch them for   blasphemy

Police save Christian couple from 'blasphemy' mob near Lahore

LAHORE: Police saved a Christian couple from a mob who were attempting to lynch them for allegedly committing blasphemy, and later arrested a cleric for inciting the violence, a senior officer said Thursday.

The incident, which took place in the village of Makki in Punjab on Tuesday, represents a rare successful intervention by authorities in a country where even unproven allegations of blasphemy can result in a bloody death at the hands of vigilantes.

Sohail Zafar Chattha, the district police chief, told AFP the illiterate Christian couple had obtained an old panaflex advertisement awning which contained the names and slogans of various colleges, which they were using as a mat to sleep on in their home.

Arabic inscriptions, allegedly from the Holy Quran, were found among the colleges' slogans, leading one local barber as well as two clerics to accuse the couple of committing blasphemy.

“Muslims of the town gathered there and dragged the poor couple who didn't know what they had done. They were being beaten to death,” Chattha said.

“Police intervened in time and rescued the couple from the mob, who were later shifted to Lahore and were handed over to the elders of Christian community,” he later told AFP. Police have arrested one of the clerics while the other and the barber remain at large, he said. Some residents interviewed by the police said the barber may have been interested in obtaining the couple's house.

Well they were lucky  and times have changed  other wise the would have been burned alive..  well that is the news.. I say 80% of people of Pakistan don't know  how to read/write Arabic Language and whether the words on paper flying on the road are with Quran or not..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - July 04, 2015, 03:46 PM

Cleric who cried ‘blasphemy’ arrested in the above Blasphemy case   Says News   By Akbar BajwaPublished: July 4, 2015

The couple – a labourer and his wife – were beaten up after local clerics accused them of committing blasphemy.

SHEIKHUPURA: Sheikhupura police on Friday arrested two men including a cleric who had led a mob that assaulted a Christian couple and paraded them after accusing them of blasphemy in Chak 460, Makki village, three days ago.

DPO Sohail Zafar Chattha told The Express Tribune that an FIR had been lodged against the two men at Saddar police station for incitement to violence against the couple. The police refused to share other details about the FIR and said that it had been sealed under the Police Rules of 1934.

Following the incident on Tuesday, the couple, Awais Qamar alias Gharibo Masih and Rukhsana Masih, and their four children were shifted to Sargodha under the guardianship of Mary Gill, a provincial assembly member on a minorities seat, and  A police official at Saddar station who was in the team that rescued the couple said the crowd had let them go with the condition that they would not return to the village.

Witnesses said that before the arrival of the police the crowd had beaten up the couple, painted their faces black and garlanded them with wreaths containing shoes and paraded them in the village. He said he had also reached the scene later. “I convinced the crowd that the couple had committed no blasphemy. I told them the prayer written on the sheet was not part of the Quran,” he said. He added that the accused were illiterate. “They could not have told if the text was taken from the Quran even if that was true,” he said.

Pastor Asif, also a resident of the village, lauded the police’s role in preventing unrest and rescuing the couple.

Chattha said the majority of the village’s population was Muslim and there were 57 Christian families. A police picket has been set up near the village following the incident to prevent unrest

Saddar police said some passers by had stopped Qamar and his wife on Tuesday afternoon from eating in public at a school building where Qamar was working as a construction worker. He said that during the argument that ensued the cleric had also appeared on the scene and accused the couple of having committed blasphemy. “They were sitting on an old college poster laid on the floor. There was a popular Arabic prayer written on the poster,” he said.

He said on receiving information about the incident a police team was sent to the scene with instructions that the couple should be rescued at all costs. Meanwhile, the crowd swelled as people from nearby villages also reached the scene on hearing about the news. Sabir Masih, a Christian resident of the village, said he was present when the incident took place. He said several faces in the crowd were strangers to him. “I had never seen them in the village before.”

DPO Chattha said he had sent the team with clear directions. “I had authorised them to shoot anyone who would stop them from their work,” DPO Chattha said.

That s the news.. That FUCKING SCOUNDREL mullah, clerk ASS HOLE must never be allowed to preach Islam anywhere in the country  and he should be made an example for such alleged inciting public in the name of  Blasphemy ..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - July 05, 2015, 04:58 AM

I'm happy the police were (per the report) ordered to rescue them. So many cases in the past have had police either simply watch or actively participate. I'm mindful of not only the christians but the muslims who have gained publicity opposing this sort of behaviour in Pakistan, at risk of falling foul to blasphemy laws themselves.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »