Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Dear CEMB

(Read 10037 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Dear CEMB
     Reply #30 - July 05, 2015, 04:01 AM

A very powerful and engaging read. Welcome to CEMB. Your parrot. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Dear CEMB
     Reply #31 - July 05, 2015, 10:29 PM

What am I going to do with all these parrots!  parrot parrot parrot parrot parrot

"Nothing lasts forever. Even the stars die."

A for Atheist
    A for Apostate
    A for Anonymous
    A for Aqua
  • Dear CEMB
     Reply #32 - July 06, 2015, 05:37 AM

Welcome

Put the parrots on your brand new moose. The antlers double as a bookshelf or parrot rack

• Dear CEMB
     Reply #33 - July 06, 2015, 12:54 PM

What am I going to do with all these parrots!  parrot parrot parrot parrot parrot

hello Aqua..  make them work., make the parrots talks..... Talk your words through parrots ., let the parrots speak for you.,  In fact you are doing it  and you are doing very well.... ..lol..

with best wishes
    yeezevee 

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Dear CEMB
     Reply #34 - July 06, 2015, 01:16 PM

First of, welcome!  bunny

I must act asexual until I am set up with an Iraqi Muslim to marry.

I just wanted to pick a nit with that line, celibacy is the word to describe activity, asexuality is the sexual attraction. As the resident asexual, kinda my thing lol. I know you're saying that you have to be celibate and can't even appear to be attracted to someone, because that's exactly what it was like for me growing up, but just wanted to point out that asexuality is an orientation and not an activity--my parents tried to force me into marriage at 3 because I was playing with a boy and then again at 17 with another guy cuz I said that guy was cute. Anywho there's q&a about the differences between asexuality vs. celibacy vs. abstinence here: http://www.asexualityarchive.com/asexuality-and-celibacy-whats-the-difference/

If for some reason you want to read about my fucked up life, it's here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xXtJr8J9qIk_UQbc-qzbBe82Mj3Y5P-MMnHzj0JELE8/edit#

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Dear CEMB
     Reply #35 - July 06, 2015, 01:18 PM

and also that comment may not be coherent but I'm too loopy to know for sure...manic right now, it's messing with my ability to communicate.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Dear CEMB
     Reply #36 - July 06, 2015, 01:40 PM

Welcome Aqua  parrot
  • Dear CEMB
     Reply #37 - July 18, 2015, 02:11 AM

First of, welcome!  bunny

I just wanted to pick a nit with that line, celibacy is the word to describe activity, asexuality is the sexual attraction. As the resident asexual, kinda my thing lol. I know you're saying that you have to be celibate and can't even appear to be attracted to someone, because that's exactly what it was like for me growing up, but just wanted to point out that asexuality is an orientation and not an activity--my parents tried to force me into marriage at 3 because I was playing with a boy and then again at 17 with another guy cuz I said that guy was cute. Anywho there's q&a about the differences between asexuality vs. celibacy vs. abstinence here: http://www.asexualityarchive.com/asexuality-and-celibacy-whats-the-difference/

If for some reason you want to read about my fucked up life, it's here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xXtJr8J9qIk_UQbc-qzbBe82Mj3Y5P-MMnHzj0JELE8/edit#

Interesting link, galfromusa. I did actually mean "celibate" and not "asexual" like I wrote in the OP. The thing is, my dad and my brother are the ones who seem to be more comfortable thinking I'm just not attracted to anyone. That's kind of what I meant by "asexual"

A for Atheist
    A for Apostate
    A for Anonymous
    A for Aqua
  • Dear CEMB
     Reply #38 - July 18, 2015, 02:31 AM

Ick @ dad and bro Aqua.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Dear CEMB
     Reply #39 - July 18, 2015, 02:49 AM

The thing is, my dad and my brother are the ones who seem to be more comfortable thinking I'm just not attracted to anyone. That's kind of what I meant by "asexual"

Yes, in this kind of fundamentalist Abrahamic/Pan-Mesopotamian cosmology, men are the owners of female sexuality, from the cradle to the grave. When you're born, your father is the owner of it, and he or his proxy (eg your brothers, uncles, or grandfather) continue to be the owners of it until you get married, at which point it is transferred/sold to your husband. Even in modern mainstream American society, you can see the vestiges of this: even if the decision to enter a marriage is egalitarian, the bride is walked down the aisle and given away by her father. Like he owned her until that point. If your husband should die, you either revert to being the property of your father, or if you have an adult son, he is responsible for you. At no point do you gain ownership of yourself, unless you decide to tell the system to go fuck itself.

And that's a fundamentally immoral system, because it reduces every single woman to the status of a sex slave or an inflatable doll. Her sexual services and even her body are not her own to decide what to do with, they are the property of someone else and can be bought and sold. In modern America there's now a slight caveat to that: a woman can be successful in a career, but she will be accused of sleeping her way to the top, or of being a lesbian or transgender (and therefore a "broken woman"), or of being so ugly/deficient in some positive character trait that she had to turn to a career or politics or whatever to compensate. Or, as Rush Limbaugh so eloquently summarized it: "Feminism was created so as to give unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."  

Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton are excellent examples of this. Both get accused of using her marriage to a sitting president to get their own foothold in politics. Now that Hillary Clinton is running for president, Bill's role in getting her into politics is done in the minds of a lot of people; a simple google search for "Hillary Clinton divorce rumors" gives over 2.5 million results, and this little story can often be seen in tabloids

Hillary Clinton gets accused a lot of being a lesbian: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/hillary-clinton-lesbian/

And a psychopath: http://www.arkancide.com/

And a sociopath: http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/could-hillary-clinton-be-a-sociopath/

Michelle Obama gets accused a lot of being transgender:
    http://www.truthandaction.org/is-michelle-obama-a-transgender/

Or a gay male transvestite: http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/04/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/joan-rivers-michelle-obama-gay-transgender/

This is a really sad statement on how women are viewed and treated, even within a nominally "progressive" or "Western" country like the USA. I mean, if Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck or even George W. were to sit down with some extremist government in the Fertile Crescent, I bet they'd see that they have a lot more in common than they do in opposition to each other. And that's fucking bullshit.

• Dear CEMB
     Reply #40 - July 18, 2015, 03:12 AM

My father has grown up in another time and place and still holds some of those patriarchal views to heart. My brother has less cultural views BUT whenever I comment on how hot a guy is on TV or something, he prefers to shut his ears. "I don't want to hear this" is what he tells me when there's a whiff of me being a sexual being at all.

It's difficult because you know the people you love are oppressing you - which they don't seem to understand and I don't know how to explain it to them. I'm sure it would shock my father if he knew I liked guys. He would have a heart attack if he knew I am attracted to guys who are not necessarily Iraqi and severely Muslim.

A for Atheist
    A for Apostate
    A for Anonymous
    A for Aqua
  • Dear CEMB
     Reply #41 - July 18, 2015, 03:55 AM

If you don't feel freedom to express a heterosexual or hetero-normative sexual identity, imagine expressing one that isn't hetero-normative (like, imagine telling them you're marrying a woman or that you will not marry a man).

• Dear CEMB
     Reply #42 - July 18, 2015, 04:09 AM

Haha, yeah that would definitely shock them. The next time Mila Kunis is on TV I'll say "Damn I'd tap that."

A for Atheist
    A for Apostate
    A for Anonymous
    A for Aqua
  • Dear CEMB
     Reply #43 - July 18, 2015, 04:27 PM

Repression is the pits.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »