Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello Everybody - atheist in UK

(Read 2740 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello Everybody - atheist in UK
     OP - July 01, 2015, 05:42 PM

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well. I was browsing the web late one night and came across the CEMB website. I thought it looked like an interesting place to be and after conversing with MN, I was invited to come to the 8th anniversary party in London. I have a background in IT and after suggesting some improvements to the Covering Your Internet Tracks leaflet, I was asked to update it for them. Naturally I was happy to do it. I ended up rewriting the whole thing cool2 and hope it is of some use to people in the UK and abroad.

I was brought up in Birmingham's Kashmiri community. It is a very traditional environment. However I knew that Islam never appealed to me from a very young age. I have always drifted away from spiritual matters unlike many of my relatives. I have had to hide my lack of faith many times over the years and when I moved out of Birmingham, finally I felt able to spread my wings and be the person I wanted to be.

I am located in Oxfordshire and hope to meet up with like-minded people in London or elsewhere.
     Reply #1 - July 01, 2015, 05:49 PM

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well. I was browsing the web late one night and came across the CEMB website. I thought it looked like an interesting place to be and after conversing with MN, I was invited to come to the 8th anniversary party in London. I have a background in IT and after suggesting some improvements to the Covering Your Internet Tracks leaflet, I was asked to update it for them. Naturally I was happy to do it. I ended up rewriting the whole thing cool2 and hope it is of some use to people in the UK and abroad.

I was brought up in Birmingham's Kashmiri community. It is a very traditional environment. However I knew that Islam never appealed to me from a very young age. I have always drifted away from spiritual matters unlike many of my relatives. I have had to hide my lack of faith many times over the years and when I moved out of Birmingham, finally I felt able to spread my wings and be the person I wanted to be.

I am located in Oxfordshire and hope to meet up with like-minded people in London or elsewhere.

Hello fellow UK-ian! Smiley Great to hear you were open minded despite the social structure of Birmingham (yes, up here we've heard aaaall about it *shudders*)! I completely sympathise with you, coming from a Pakistani family myself it is almost like you can never express yourself in your entirety thanks to some "aunty" somewhere watching you (reminescent of "bird watching", anyone?) You'll meet many like minded people in here, a safe haven for open thought and critical analysis, and you most certainly will enjoy being here from the sound of things!

The best part is always left until last; the welcome parrot! parrot parrot parrot

One only acquires wisdom when one sets the heart and mind open to new ideas.

Chat: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/#ex-muslims
     Reply #2 - July 01, 2015, 06:07 PM

Thank you! I look forward to making new friends here  thnkyu
     Reply #3 - July 01, 2015, 07:07 PM

Welcome to the forum ImranQ, have a rabbit!  bunny

Hope you meet many new friends in the community, and enjoy your time here!  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #4 - July 01, 2015, 07:22 PM

Thank you! I look forward to making new friends here  thnkyu

Of course! You'll meet many lovely, wonderful, insightful, witty, "have hayya" enforcing, just all round excellent and wonderful people! From the wild, the wacky the all round genius, there's something here for everyone Smiley

I know I'm making it sound like a supermarket. But no. We're BETTER than supermarkets. cool2

One only acquires wisdom when one sets the heart and mind open to new ideas.

Chat: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/#ex-muslims
     Reply #5 - July 01, 2015, 07:41 PM

Hi ImramQ,

Welcome to the CEMB forum parrot

I'm not in Birmingham. Or the UK. Or an Ex-Muslim. I just happened to end up here when researching Islam and all the associated fuss on my layman own.

Conclusion: Islam is all over the place and there are AT LEAST as many Islams as there are Muslims.

Or actually the number of Islams might be less than the number of Muslims. I now know a lot of people who identify as "Muslim" while they really aren't believers in the orthodox doctrines of Islam.

(Forced) identity politics FTW!

Glad to have you here! Smiley

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #6 - July 01, 2015, 08:42 PM

Welcome ImranQ  parrot
     Reply #7 - July 02, 2015, 12:11 AM

Thank you all  dance, Will chat soon!
     Reply #8 - July 05, 2015, 04:38 AM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »