Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Feeling confused

(Read 1699 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Feeling confused
     OP - June 30, 2015, 01:12 AM

Hi guys
    I'm feeling confused. I am struggleing to believe that a higher being does not exist. Its like i need religion in my life just not islam.
    I am considering reading different religious texts too see what happens.
    Has anyone else felt like this?
  • Feeling confused
     Reply #1 - June 30, 2015, 01:19 AM

Its a perfectly natural curiosity to have. Go ahead and read those religious texts, and don't feel bad or confused about this feeling.  Smiley

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Feeling confused
     Reply #2 - June 30, 2015, 01:44 PM

Most humans have evolved to feel the need for faith/spirituality in a higher power, don't worry you are not alone. Smiley

What I would say is that sentimental feelings are the most unreliable thing to trust when it comes to analysing objective truth claims.
  • Feeling confused
     Reply #3 - June 30, 2015, 03:18 PM

I've never felt any need to read religious texts, because the little information I do have about those religions, is enough for me to determine that there are no deities behind those religions. But on the question of whether there are "higher beings" out there, I do not know. I'm an agnostic atheist. I can not claim for sure that there are no "higher beings", but I am also uncertain if there are "higher beings". Is there more to our existence than the life we go through on earth? I don't know.

But what I am certain of is that all religions are man made, because they are just way too human in nature, with their jealous and vengeful god(s), who also happen to be the most merciful.
  • Feeling confused
     Reply #4 - June 30, 2015, 04:48 PM

Hi guys
    I'm feeling confused. I am struggleing to believe that a higher being does not exist. Its like i need religion in my life just not islam.

hello Dreamygirl  there is nothing wrong with dreaming., You say  "you are  struggling to believe that a higher being DOES NOT exist.".  So what? So a higher being...  So it exists ...

but what does that "higher being of your inquiry/ thought process" has to do with these eisting  religions, religious books, religious rituals, religious bullshit and religious gods, religious higher being??  

Be a prophet of your own.. make your own god  and dream about you own god.. and  I think that is a healthy and good thing for millions of folks .

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Feeling confused
     Reply #5 - June 30, 2015, 05:00 PM

Hi guys

No harm in trying it out. Read up on anything you can..
  • Feeling confused
     Reply #6 - June 30, 2015, 05:47 PM

Hi guys

I don't think is a good idea to read texts, because it will make it even harder to pick a religion and you will end up even more confused. As you know you can find illogical, stupid and violent stuffs in maybe all religious books.

Being in UK the first choice could be Christianity as it's a major religion there. Go to a priest and see if it works somehow, just don't read texts... If you don't want Christ, try Judaism.

• Feeling confused
     Reply #7 - June 30, 2015, 05:53 PM

I don't think is a good idea to read texts, because it will make it even harder to pick a religion and you will end up even more confused. As you know you can find illogical, stupid and violent stuffs in maybe all religious books.

Being in UK the first choice could be Christianity as it's a major religion there. Go to a priest and see if it works somehow, just don't read texts... If you don't want Christ, try Judaism.

well...... whaaat? priest? why nbhb??   No..no....nooooooooo.. don't tell people to go to some priests...

I think reading religious texts is a good idea.. and and tell people  ....be your own priest ...

• Feeling confused
     Reply #8 - June 30, 2015, 06:12 PM

You may be right @yeezee, I've never been to a priest, just to church for Easter stuff, some weddings and baptisms.

But think about, reading religious texts means reading a also a lot of bullshit, so if she really wants a GOD, she will end up more confused. I'm thinking that a priest is brainwashing you a little bit with thinking in fairy tales....
  • Feeling confused
     Reply #9 - June 30, 2015, 06:23 PM

But think about, reading religious texts means reading also a lot of bullshit, ..............

well that is not like getting brain washed by some fellow.. it is just reading bullshit and asking others on open forums like cemb..or discussing the subject with friends and colleagues.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxXlU_r5mPQ

• Feeling confused
     Reply #10 - June 30, 2015, 08:42 PM

Would some what is the sound of one hand clapping stuff work as innoculation?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Feeling confused
     Reply #11 - July 01, 2015, 02:37 AM

What exact;y is it you're struggling with? No safety net? Lack of purpose? Fear of death? Pointlessness of life? All? None? Something else? All that and more?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »