Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Greetings everyone

(Read 3395 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Greetings everyone
     OP - June 29, 2015, 08:00 PM

I am 37 years old algerian living in the uk. I think agnosticism is the closest description to my belief because i don't know if there's god or not. I don't think i will ever find the answer through lol
    i moved to the uk fourteen years ago, however my english is still limited if i compare it to my first language arabic. I also learned french in primary school.
    I wonder if i am the only agnostic from algeria in this forum?

• Greetings everyone
     Reply #1 - June 29, 2015, 08:02 PM

Sorry i meant  though NOT through  wacko
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #2 - June 29, 2015, 08:05 PM

Welcome to the forum moe78, have a rabbit!  bunny

We have ex-muslims from many countries of the world including Algeria. Hope you enjoy it here!  Afro

Edit: You also write English very well!

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #3 - June 29, 2015, 08:43 PM

thnkyu
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #4 - June 29, 2015, 09:02 PM

Well, I'm Egyptian :p (however atheist)

And welcome to the forum moe78

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #5 - June 30, 2015, 12:24 AM

Thank you ladybird Afro
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #6 - June 30, 2015, 01:31 AM

Well, I'm Egyptian :p (however atheist)

And welcome to the forum moe78

thank you ladybird  Kiss
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #7 - June 30, 2015, 06:15 AM

Welcome. parrot Are you perhaps an atheist and an agnostic deist? Adeism isn't a word so a rejection/lack of belief in a deistic type of god is often thrown in there when saying atheism, unfairly I think. I would consider myself an atheist in the sense that I am of the opinion theistic gods do not exist. I'm agnostic when it comes to a deistic/prime mover/energy sort of god. However if such a being or beings exist I doubt they give a shit about me, if they're even aware of my existence.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #8 - June 30, 2015, 08:36 AM

Hey and welcome to the forum Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #9 - June 30, 2015, 07:40 PM

Welcome. parrot Are you perhaps an atheist and an agnostic deist? Adeism isn't a word so a rejection/lack of belief in a deistic type of god is often thrown in there when saying atheism, unfairly I think. I would consider myself an atheist in the sense that I am of the opinion theistic gods do not exist. I'm agnostic when it comes to a deistic/prime mover/energy sort of god. However if such a being or beings exist I doubt they give a shit about me, if they're even aware of my existence.

• Greetings everyone
     Reply #10 - June 30, 2015, 07:48 PM

Welcome moe78  parrot
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #11 - July 01, 2015, 01:32 AM

Hey and welcome to the forum Smiley

thnkyu
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #12 - July 01, 2015, 01:33 AM

Welcome moe78  parrot

thnkyu
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #13 - July 01, 2015, 01:36 AM

One,two,three viva Algerie!
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #14 - July 01, 2015, 02:47 AM

I'm not sure if you're confirming my question or calling me an idiot. Grin

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #15 - July 01, 2015, 03:05 AM

I am 37 years old algerian living in the uk. I think agnosticism is the closest description to my belief because i don't know if there's god or not. I don't think i will ever find the answer through lol
    i moved to the uk fourteen years ago, however my english is still limited if i compare it to my first language arabic. I also learned french in primary school.
    I wonder if i am the only agnostic from algeria in this forum?

Welcome

There are a few agnostics around but I do not know if they are from Algeria or not
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #16 - July 01, 2015, 04:12 AM

may be i am the idiot here.. confirmation is below lol
    before i start i must apologise for my bad sentence cunstruction and words choice  wacko i only made it to ninth grade in school lol anyways i think relegion is men made, however i beleive that a force beyond our comprehension do exist and its aware of our existence, but then again i can't say if this force has any influance over our existence or not.
    i can explain the force being aware of our existence by giving two examples from my experience in the supernatural phenomena lol i have two storries to tell if you are interested? it's not from the ghostbusters book or the lord of the ring but it's worth it.
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #17 - July 01, 2015, 04:34 AM

i mean read below  Tongue forgive my english, i have a hard time using words in the right context.
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #18 - July 01, 2015, 04:42 AM

Seems like you'd best be described as a deist then? A theistic god is characterised as having a personal interest in you, and these types of god usually have a name, a list of likes and dislikes and a character history (Allah, Zeus, Odin, Set, Krishna, etc.).

The thing about theistic gods is as they do have historic and factual claims you can show the likeliness of them existing at all. I would go so far as to say you can disprove them by checking the teachings of these gods with reality. For instance, the goddess Nuwa is said to have cut off the legs of a giant sea turtle and used them to prop up the sky. As we know full well that the sky isn't being held up by giant turtle legs, I have no reason to believe the claims. The more I see of the teachings of Nuwa, the more good reasons I have to doubt the existence of this goddess.

While this is simple enough for theistic gods it's currently impossible to do for destic gods. They have no names, they have no sacred texts, they have no character histories that we can check the truth of.

If you're happy to share your experiences of a higher power I'd be happy to read them. Smiley

• Greetings everyone
     Reply #19 - July 01, 2015, 08:18 PM

I didn't  say higher power.
  • Greetings everyone
     Reply #20 - July 01, 2015, 09:47 PM

Seems like you'd best be described as a deist then? A theistic god is characterised as having a personal interest in you, and these types of god usually have a name, a list of likes and dislikes and a character history (Allah, Zeus, Odin, Set, Krishna, etc.).

The thing about theistic gods is as they do have historic and factual claims you can show the likeliness of them existing at all. I would go so far as to say you can disprove them by checking the teachings of these gods with reality. For instance, the goddess Nuwa is said to have cut off the legs of a giant sea turtle and used them to prop up the sky. As we know full well that the sky isn't being held up by giant turtle legs, I have no reason to believe the claims. The more I see of the teachings of Nuwa, the more good reasons I have to doubt the existence of this goddess.

While this is simple enough for theistic gods it's currently impossible to do for destic gods. They have no names, they have no sacred texts, they have no character histories that we can check the truth of.

If you're happy to share your experiences of a higher power I'd be happy to read them. Smiley

Not really deist. i do not believe in god or gods like Zeus or anything like that. i was trying to explain something else.
    a force that lives among us but we can't see it.  Let me share this with you Smiley once when i was on holiday in one of the Canary Islands
    i came across something i couldn't explain...
    Walking along an empty street me and my friend on our way to the town
    For a night out we witnessed something we couldn't understand.
    It was what i would describe as two flames floating few centimetres
    From the ground. We stood
    Couple of meters away and kept looking at them trying to figure out
    What in the name of jebus is this lol
    Then suddenly they started turning around each other in merry go around circle. as we kept watching the two flames moved away from each other then return with a bit of speed until they bumped with each other leaving a trail of flying embers like firework . My friend actually panicked and left then I followed him.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »