Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Tunisian tourist resort under attack

(Read 9482 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Tunisian tourist resort under attack
     OP - June 26, 2015, 12:55 PM

BBC news reporting gunmen attacking beach/hotels in Souss in what sounds like a Mumbai type operation
    29 reported dead
    - Tunisia , Kuwait , France   -   is this a deliberately coordinated assault ? Or just random psychos ?
  • Gunmen kill at least 27 in attack on Tunisian coastal resort says news
     Reply #1 - June 26, 2015, 12:56 PM

Gunmen kill at least 27 in attack on Tunisian coastal resort says news

Tunisian state TV reports at least 27 people have been killed after two gunmen opened fire on a beach near two hotels in the coastal resort city of Sousse. Interior Ministry spokesman Mohammed Ali Aroui said security forces intervened immediately Friday and killed one of the attackers, while the other fled the scene.

Sousse, some 150 kilometers from Tunis, is a popular resort for both Tunisians and Europeans. There have been no details on the nationalities of those killed but during the holy month of Ramadan, those on the beach tend to be tourists.

Tunisia has been battered by attacks by militants, most recently in March when two Tunisians returning from Libya killed 22 people at the national museum

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/2/8/133771/World/Region/UPDATE--Gunmen-kill--in-attack-on-Tunisian-coastal.aspx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXCAg862EQA

I am not sure it is the month of Ramadan or Month of killings..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - June 26, 2015, 01:43 PM

The Islamist's goal is to destroy the economy so as to put pressure on the democratically elected government to collapse. The tourist industry is now totally screwed in Tunisia.

The country is clearly unsafe for tourists. So how do we help the Tunisian economy without visiting the country? By buying Tunisian products of course.

The only product I have seen in my local American supermarket is this olive oil:

It says it is made from olives from Spain, Tunisia, and Turkey. So even that is not just from Tunisia. Nevertheless that is the only product I see in my local supermarket, maybe in the UK there are more because it's so much closer?
     Reply #3 - June 26, 2015, 02:04 PM

Tonyt
    Have you heard about this book

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Management_of_Savagery

Its read by IS commanders and other jihadis  It details a strategy of how they intend to come to power by creating instability, with a very long term view.
     Reply #4 - June 26, 2015, 02:11 PM

Such are the blessings of Ramadan. The gates of hell may be shut for the month, but nobody ever thought about banning the reenactors.
     Reply #5 - June 26, 2015, 02:15 PM

Yes I have read it. People say that it was Al Qaida's "playbook", but it seems like ISIS follows the strategy even more closely.
     Reply #6 - June 26, 2015, 02:16 PM

This is crazy.
     Reply #7 - June 26, 2015, 02:23 PM

Threads merged.
     Reply #8 - June 26, 2015, 02:24 PM

IMO the strategy outlined in the "Management of Savagery" strikes me as a real loser strategy. They are basically admitting that most people don't want Islamic Law unless there is such chaos and instability that it is simply the better alternative to lawlessness. What kind of losers would dedicate themselves to the destruction of their own economies in an ultra competitive global economy?
     Reply #9 - June 26, 2015, 02:40 PM

F..k Arab Spring.
     Reply #10 - June 26, 2015, 02:44 PM

Tonyt
    ........................Its read by IS commanders and other jihadis  It details a strategy of how they intend to come to power by creating instability, with a very long term view.

............... destruction of their own economies in an ultra competitive global economy?

The Islamist's goal is to destroy the economy so as to put pressure on the democratically elected government to collapse. The tourist industry is now totally screwed in Tunisia.

economies ..economies ...and economies ...in 21st century..   every power hungry ANARCHIST BASTARDS do/did the same thing Tonyt. Once the economy of a society  is destroyed., it is easy for rogues to control whole population . And.. and ....add religious rubbish to that ..  Ohfff you can control the crowd for centuries.. It has been done before..

Well many of you may not have noticed it BUT ISLAMISTS  did it to America.... Americans, amerikiees,  amerikanos  are not getting it.,   but they are in a big hole and the hole started by themselves some 30 years ago...

Reply #11 - June 26, 2015, 03:02 PM

What are you on about Yeez? The American economy may be having some difficulties, but they are doing better than Europe, and much better than most Islamic nations.
  • Re: Tunisian tourist resort under attack
     Reply #12 - June 26, 2015, 03:27 PM

What kind of losers would dedicate themselves to the destruction of their own economies in an ultra competitive global economy?

Deluded losers.
     Reply #13 - June 26, 2015, 03:28 PM

The argument of failure to establish a successful state with a reasonable economy should be used against jihadis more often.
     Reply #14 - June 26, 2015, 03:43 PM

What are you on about Yeez? The American economy may be having some difficulties, but they are doing better than Europe, and much better than most Islamic nations.

let me highlight your own words Tonyt  and Stop comparing with American economy with economy of European countries., Compare,  Bush Economy, Clinton Economy and that HUSH economic policies .. Lucky Americans escaped by voting to Obama., One more Hush would have grounded all economic flights.. any ways  Skywalker says something

The argument of failure to establish a successful state with a reasonable economy should be used against jihadis more often.

You can not do that Skywalker., First Jihadis have to establish Caliphate and then after some time you blame   Calipha Not Jihadis....  

Blaming Jiahdi means blaming allah doll

Reply #15 - June 26, 2015, 03:53 PM

Afghanistan under the Taliban is an example of failure. Jihadis often consider Taliban rule to be an Islamic state.
     Reply #16 - June 26, 2015, 06:03 PM

Didn't know which thread to put this in of the 3 events. Maajid's take on things.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ewK9rLvCOvA
     Reply #17 - June 26, 2015, 06:18 PM

What kind of losers would dedicate themselves to the destruction of their own economies in an ultra competitive global economy?

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #18 - July 02, 2015, 04:46 PM

Tunisia Minute Of Silence - Total Bullshit: Russell Brand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIRm81u2jNk

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/tunisia-attack-russell-brand-blames-5986439

Reply #19 - July 02, 2015, 08:31 PM

I agree with Russell Brand.  Afro

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #20 - July 04, 2015, 01:06 AM

Tunisia: Amateur footage of Sousse attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1rrKrFas78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0_Hww5vq9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW1CShFy0NI

Seifeddine Rezgui, 23, was studying electronics when he joined Islamic State and turned a gun on a beach full of tourists in Sousse, Tunisia, leaving 38 people dead. But what makes a student become a mass murderer? Special correspondent Fergal Keane travelled to Rezgui's hometown of Gaafour to meet his friends and family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJIRWEN3sr4

Sunbed killer Seifeddine Rezgui, 23 has a link to Britain: Tunisia massacre gunman was inspired by fanatic who ran global terror cell in London There could be links between Seifeddine Rezgui and terrorists in Britain  His mentor Saifallah Ben Hassine was himself a disciple of Abu Qatada

All that is from this link

Reply #21 - July 04, 2015, 12:59 PM

It is a policy of BS. Most nation's and their policies are rarely applied to to other people or state. "I support freedom" should include a "my" in it.
     Reply #22 - July 04, 2015, 01:13 PM

I agree with Russell Brand.  Afro

Yap I too support that Jew..   He should be moved to Islamic state of ISIL as director for  television show of Caliph Nation for explaining  the world about the goals and rules of 21st century Calipha Abu BAKHRA badgadi.. whatever..   

Reply #23 - July 05, 2015, 05:33 PM

New details emerge about Tunisia gunman's past  says that news paper..ahram.org

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUwtNr3iDq4

Pretty good break daning.,  So that is 23-year-old Seifeddine Rezgui is  The hero of ISIS.,  The news says

The Tunisian militant behind last month's massacre of foreigners at a seaside resort had previously worked in tourism, officials said Sunday, as his mother insisted the young man was "brainwashed".  In an interview on Sunday, Prime Minister Habib Essid revealed more details about 23-year-old Seifeddine Rezgui, who gunned down 38 foreign tourists in the June 26 attack.

"We know he was a member of a dance club and was familiar with the tourism sector, having worked in it as an events organiser," Essid told the French-language newspaper La Presse.

Tourists fled in horror as Rezgui pulled a Kalashnikov assault rifle from inside a furled beach umbrella and went on a shooting spree outside a five-star hotel. The attack at Port El Kantaoui, north of Sousse, killed 30 Britons, three Irish nationals, two Germans, one Belgian, one Portuguese and a Russian.

His mother Radhia Manai, 49, told Britain's Sunday Times her son must have been "brainwashed" by extremists as previously he would not have hurt a mouse.

"When they told me my son had killed all these people I said no, it's impossible," she said.

"I can't believe it. Once there was a mouse in the house and I asked Seifeddine to kill it and he refused saying, 'I can't kill anything.'

"God bless the victims, all those people and their poor families, and I feel so sorry but I want to tell them it wasn't my son who did this, it was another Seifeddine," she said.

She said he was "a victim like all the others".

well  he was "a victim like all the others"..  that is what she says., partly I have to agree with her..  All Others are his Victims and he is the Victim of (ISLAMIC SHIT)2  called ISIS..  Well we got to  remove the shit  otherwise there will many more victims.  And .. and I wonder about his French ISIS connections..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQyfMCoKFsI

Reply #24 - July 06, 2015, 06:34 PM

The original text and cartoon by Z are here:

http://www.debatunisie.com/archives/2015/06/27/32278846.html
    Here is the translation I made, forgive me neither French nor English are my native tongue.

I know that many friends and sincere folks continue to see in Islam and its Sacred Texts something sublime and marvelous. After yesterdays infamous attack [massacre in Sousse], I keep getting closer to finally and irreversibly reject this thing that makes our country monstrous. If God really expressed Himself through the Quran He would never have allowed such an interpretation of his message. Never. And if God existed, he could have expressed himself to us through music or poetry. His only messengers would have been artists and poets, conduits to His transcendence.
    Tunisia is a Quran book. It is the First Article of our Constitution, since it tells us that "Islam is the religion of the State". It is therefore not an exaggeration to consider that we live in the text between the words. We have had it in our feeding bottle since our infancy thanks to dad and the schoolteacher. Each of us has his page, his chapter, her sourate, his verse. The educated spirits in peace with themselves can live in the sympathetic verses of the Holy Book. But in a society eaten by misery and injustice this book offers sanctuary: Dark caves, filled with lost souls.
    But both live in the same place: Our elites and intellectuals, protectors of a moderate Islam, our government and our police who hunts down those who eat during Ramadan, the depressed youth who gun down apostates in a hotel in Sousse or a museum in Tunis. There is no significant difference between them, they live in the same house, the same book. They only difference between them is the page number

Original on Reddit

EDIT: Just found out that the translator actually is Danish too. Danish Ex-Muslims everywhere! mysmilie_977

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #25 - July 09, 2015, 07:55 PM

EDIT: Just found out that the translator actually is Danish too. Danish Ex-Muslims everywhere! mysmilie_977

Perhaps he should stick to Danish then. "Tunisia is a Quran book", what does that mean? He gunned down infidel tourists, not "apostates", and "sourate" should be "surah".
     Reply #26 - July 09, 2015, 09:01 PM

UK tourists advised to leave country, not surprising since 30 of the 38 murdered were Brits. Also, Tunisia is now apparently planning to build a wall along it's border with Libya to keep the jihadists out, like the Romans build one to keep the Scots out, the Chinese to keep the Mongols out, and west Berlin to keep east Berlin out.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #27 - July 09, 2015, 11:55 PM

I think the wall is a great idea. And we should help pay for it, to keep our tourists safe.

Greece's tourist economy may get a boom now that Tunisia is off the bucket list. There is oppurtunity in every tragedy, for someone.
     Reply #28 - July 10, 2015, 11:42 AM

...................... Also, Tunisia is now apparently planning to
    [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33469718]UK tourists advised to leave country
    , not surprising since 30 of the 38 murdered were Brits. Also, Tunisia is now apparently planning to build a wall along it's border with Libya to keep the jihadists out, like the Romans build one to keep the Scots out, the Chinese to keep the Mongols out, and west Berlin to keep east Berlin out.

great ....

Tunisia  building walls.. Arabia building walls... Pakistan building walls., India building walls.. turkey building walls.... Israelis building walls

yap.. good business in the name of controlling Jihadi Islam..

Reply #29 - July 10, 2015, 12:30 PM

The stupid wall to end all stupid walls - the Great Sea Wall of Japan. Because Japan's once-beautiful coastline hasn't been raped enough.

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »