Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hey, new here.

(Read 2160 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hey, new here.
     OP - June 05, 2015, 03:20 PM

Hi there, I was just browsing the Web and came across this site. I had a quick look through the forums at some of the posts and it's fascinating to me as someone who wasn't raised religious at all... it's just never been an issue.

I didn't realise there were so many people who leave Islam... I know many people come to their senses and leave Christianity and Judaism etc. I suppose I thought it doesn't happen in Islam because (no offence) you (or should I say "they"?) seem very fanatical and serious about it and seem to believe the teachings absolutely... no matter how much logic, reason and evidence you show them!

Another aspect of all this that fascinates me is that a lot of you seem to be going through similar thought processes, investigations and realisations that I went through as a child. Luckily for me, when I came home from school one afternoon as an 8 year old and told my mother that my class was taken to the local chapel, she asked "...and what did you think of it?" to which I replied "boring and stupid. It doesn't make sense". So from then on I haven't been to any other religious establishment (apart from the occasional service in high school to get the free bread and soup!). The only religious learning I've taken part in is religious history, the psychology behind religion and the politics and economics regarding religion... because a lot of it ultimately boils down to economics such as not eating pork.

Anyway, this has turned into a rant. So I'll just finish by saying that reading some of the posts on here from ex-mulims genuinely made me smile with joy because your optimism and new found sense of enlightenment is infectious.

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them. Take care and enjoy your new life's.  And to those who still haven't made the transition... good luck! Grab life by the horns and run with it. You'll be just fine =).

Owen E. Smith.

• Hey, new here.
     Reply #1 - June 05, 2015, 05:01 PM

Welcome, and thanks for the kind messages!  parrot
  • Hey, new here.
     Reply #2 - June 05, 2015, 07:37 PM

reading some of the posts on here from ex-muslims genuinely made me smile with joy because your optimism and new found sense of enlightenment is infectious.

Great to hear that ^

Welcome Smiley
  • Hey, new here.
     Reply #3 - June 06, 2015, 08:14 PM

Welcome to the forum  parrot
  • Hey, new here.
     Reply #4 - June 07, 2015, 09:44 PM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »