Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I need help with this ayah?

(Read 2642 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • I need help with this ayah?
     OP - May 26, 2015, 11:42 PM

I've been reading the Quran and I came across this ayah:

Al-Mumenoon [23:14] Then fashioned We the drop a clot, then fashioned We the clot a little lump, then fashioned We the little lump bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators!

Then this one

YUSUFALI: It is He Who has created man from water: then has He established relationships of lineage and marriage: for thy Lord has power (over all things).

Then this one:

Your Lord said to the angels, "I am going to create a human being out of clay. When I have formed him and breathed My Spirit into him, fall down in prostration to him!" (Qur'an, 38:71-72)

Then inquire of them: Is it they who are stronger in structure or other things We have created? We created them from sticky clay. (Qur'an, 37:11)

So was man made with clay, water or a blood clot? and how come this extreme contradiction has never been brought up by Muslims reading the Quran?

Reply #1 - May 26, 2015, 11:50 PM

Because that would be admitting it's all bullshit. Although the ahmadiyas use the life from water bit to claim the quran talks about evolution.

The majority understanding is that we were created from clay and then the children of the clay giants were created from a clot of blood. The water bit is ignored.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #2 - May 27, 2015, 05:26 AM

All these substances are also mentioned in other mythology. It is repeating the idea that we are made from dust as observations of corpses decaying into a dust like substance. We contain blood which is a liquid thus are made from water. We have blood which was considered part of our life force thus we need blood to create new life. Also the Greeks thought blood was used in reproduction. It is only repeating already known ideas which are not strictly contradiction but just parroting the ideas of one's betters.

Clay: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_of_man_from_clay
     Reply #3 - May 27, 2015, 08:10 AM

What seems like a contradiction to a nonbeliever seems perfectly sound to a believer, which is why religious debates on things like "contradictions" are largely a waste of time.

Both are usually just looking for that which confirms their preconceptions and so both look at the same thing in a different way.

Having personally been there and done that helps many exmuslims see the larger picture. 

From a believers perspective these are all correct and it is much like saying bread is made from flour, or bread is made from wheat, or bread is made from dough or bread is made from atoms etc…

Plus as Quod says many Muslims will say that not just man but all things are made from water. A Quranic miracle confirmed by modern science.

Mashallah!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »