Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Violent clashes as ‘mentally ill’ Christian man ‘burns’ Quran_ Lahore news

(Read 1526 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Violent clashes as ‘mentally ill’ Christian man ‘burns’ Quran_ Lahore news
     OP - May 25, 2015, 02:00 AM

Violent clashes as ‘mentally ill’ Christian man ‘burns’ Quran_ Lahore  news

Violent clashes erupted between police and a charged Muslim mob following reports that a “mentally challenged” Christian man had allegedly burnt the Holy Quran in Lahore’s Glushan Ravi area on Sunday evening.

According to initial information, Humayun Faisal, a middle aged Christian man was taken into custody on Sunday night after some locals of the area accused him of setting a copy of the Holy Quran on fire. Humayun was immediately charged under Section 295-B, which relates to Quran desecration, and was taken to the Gulshan Ravi Police Station.

Sources in the family and Humayun’s neighbourhood told Pakistan Today that Humayun was of unstable mind and his health condition was known to everyone in the locality.

As soon as news of the desecration spread in the area, a mob of about 200-300 locals gathered in the area and started protesting against the accused. Some local Christians said that the mob wanted to burn down their homes but timely intervention by the police saved them.

A large police contingent was deployed in the area after the mob resorted to violence and threw stones at the law enforcers. Two companies of Punjab Rangers were then sent to the area to restore peace. The police also resorted to baton-charge after Lahore DIG Operations Dr Haider Ashraf suffered a head injury in the clashes.

The situation is very tense in the area following the clashes and most of the Christian residents have fled to safer places.

well That is the news from Land of Pure .. Humayun Faisal unless he gets out of country his fate is sealed..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Violent clashes as ?mentally ill? Christian man ?burns? Quran_ Lahore news
     Reply #1 - May 25, 2015, 10:54 AM

I feel so bad for saying this given the lunacy that the news article above relates to (I wish that the Christians are safe and well as are the police guarding them)  but I'd love to see the following T.V. series:

Punjab Rangers

Go Go Punjab Rangers! Too soon I know...

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #2 - May 25, 2015, 10:56 AM

Humayun Faisal unless he gets out of country his fate is sealed..

Will he take the rest with him? I thought Lahore was more chilled out than the say teh rural parts of PKLand. 

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #3 - May 25, 2015, 11:21 AM

These people are so dumb. The country is a mess and they only think that makes them angry is burning holy books. They  really have lost their priorities.
     Reply #4 - May 25, 2015, 01:59 PM

Well said. Someone burns a Quran, they go mad, someone burns human beings (the Christian couple they burnt), and no one gives a fuck. And then they wonder why their country is in shambles.
  • Violent clashes as ‘mentally ill’ Christian man ‘burns’ Quran_ Lahore news
     Reply #5 - May 25, 2015, 02:55 PM

Well said. Someone burns a Quran, they go mad, someone burns human beings (the Christian couple they burnt), and no one gives a fuck. And then they wonder why their country is in shambles.

hello Roberto., you do have point but you are not right in your words "and no one gives a fuck  I guess you are talking about Shama Bibi   and Sajjad Maseeh

http://www.christiandaily.com/article/106.people.charged.in.connection.with.last.years.burning.alive.of.pakistani.christian.couple/50219.htm
    Prosecutors in Pakistan's Punjab province have charged 106 people involved with the mob that gruesomely attacked and murdered a Christian couple.

Sajjad Mesih, 26, and his wife Shama Bibi, 24, were attacked by enraged Muslims at their workplace, a brick factory, in November last year when Bibi was accused of burning verses of the Koran. The mob beat them before setting them on fire in industrial kiln in the workplace.

It was discovered that Bibi had unintentionally burned verses of the Koran along with other items that were left behind by her deceased father. The kiln manager had originally discovered the burned verses and allegedly demanded the Christians stay indoors until they "pay off their debts." Afterward, he informed regional mosques of the incident which gathered mobs to attack the couple.

According to a 17-page report conducted by the Punjab police, the mob, which consisted of about 400 people, tortured the couple in front of members of their family and in the presence of police officials.

The report also notes that police officers in the area attempted to stop the violence, but the officers' actions were halted by the large crowd. After the mob had their legs broken and tortured them, more than 15 people from the mob picked the couple up and thrust them into the kiln, while they were still alive...

that news 3 day old., So the point is it is not that no one gives a fuck on such brutal  incidents..  But in a small town,  When majority of RELIGIOUS ROGUES acts like that and if you are there you just don't know what to do ...

and please read this  http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=27631.0  in CEMB forum..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »