Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Split from Ex Quranist

(Read 15783 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #30 - May 22, 2015, 08:27 PM

I doubt Zahrul will return.

Most Muslims simply don't have the guts to stay and debate with us.
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #31 - May 22, 2015, 08:29 PM

I didn't read other members posts. However having done so a lot of us make the same points.  Cheesy
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #32 - May 22, 2015, 08:31 PM

Bogert = Jugular.

Anyway, Yezeevee has defected and I shall issue a fatwa shortly....

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #33 - May 22, 2015, 08:31 PM

I think having like 5 members grilling you at once can be a little overwhelming.

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #34 - May 22, 2015, 08:32 PM

Oh crap...did we scare him away? I feel bad....

I want an honest debate/encounter but I can't help to be derisive at times.

Maybe I'll stay out of it and watch the events unfold as a bystander.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #35 - May 22, 2015, 08:39 PM

It's usual to write al when transliterating regardless of whether the following letter is shamsiyya or qamariyya. If you look at most scholarly articles that contain transliteration you will see this.

Of course the common rif raf don't realise this Wink Tongue grin12

I don't even speak Arabic, but I still must insist that you are wrong.

And honestly I do know that, was just pulling your leg.  Tongue

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #36 - May 22, 2015, 08:40 PM

It's usual to write al when transliterating regardless of whether the following letter is shamsiyya or qamariyya. If you look at most scholarly articles that contain transliteration you will see this.

Of course the common rif raf don't realise this Wink Tongue grin12

Cheesy

I still tend to use the Standard American Salafi spelling of things. Double vowels and all. Grin
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #37 - May 22, 2015, 08:49 PM

Lol I have done the same at times.

Muslim-speak is almost a valid language now lol
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #38 - May 23, 2015, 10:58 AM

I didn't read other members posts. However having done so a lot of us make the same points.  Cheesy

what do you expect bogart ?? .. you guys  from different cultural/religious/family backgrounds  are all travelling in the same direction on the same boat.  Anyways Zahirul_1 made some valid points in his 2 posts let me read them carefully... put them as nuggets of Zahirul

1). Let us just forget about scriptures for a moment and watch reality !

2). Every living thing knows that they came out from nothing and will meet death somehow. If living and non-living things just come out of chance , then life does not have any purpose for its existence and we can do anything we are able to do like walk nude, kill life , conquer wealth , eat anything , have unlimited sex , build structures , make rules , etc.

3). But the question here arises that why chance does not create immortal beings or chance has been forbidden to produce such things. Is there someone who create things and set their expiry dates? Man got superior brain than other species and he proved it by ruling on other species and by inventing useful machines.

4). But still in many areas he fails to succeed like beating natural disaster, saving life , bringing his ancestor back , creating living thing ,etc. I know that an atheist will say man can do all this with constant efforts taking time.

5). While we know much time has passed and many generations have tried on these things ending with failure. Likewise among other species, one is superior to another in certain abilities but no one is found to have beaten death .

6). What it suggests ? Everyone has limitations except the CREATOR . And who can tell you history except the CREATOR . Scientists says human originated from monkeys and apes then why they have left their ancestors . They should celebrate their birthdays with monkeys and apes.

7). Well, I am pleased with the answers from GOD in quran . And I thank GOD for sending prophets and messengers to guide mankind to truth otherwise we have been just wandering blindly in the land . I will thank GOD again when he will raise me again in 2280 A.D. for judgement and seal my destiny. No doubt GOD is the most merciful and love to guide his creatures accepting repentance but those who transgress like satan deserve hell.    

See  those points of Zahirul's first post   NOW YOU GUYS COUNTER THEM ,  They are wonderfully worded and ends up with logical conclusion.  My only problem with his post is these words

"I will thank GOD again when he will raise me again in 2280 A.D"

I just don't understand that number "2280 AD". what so significant about that? and where did he get that number from??  I have not read that in Quran.  I hope  Zahirul comes back and explain me a bit about that number ..

And let me show you guys what the hell  Zahirul is talking about

A Glimpse Of Hellfire ᴴᴰ ┇ Powerful Reminder ┇ by Sheikh Omar El Banna ┇  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2evV3Bjmxg

Zahirul.,  does that video properly explain these guys about the hell or do you have a better one?  

Shut up Hassan.. sorry to say that   but shut up.. you always  pick on nice people.. finmad

Oh am I glad to see Zahirul .,  Zahirul  is here.. Zahirul  is reading and and Zahirul  is gutsy guy

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #39 - May 23, 2015, 12:06 PM

Yes sir Yeezy  lipsrsealed
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #40 - May 23, 2015, 12:20 PM

Please put that video on the CEMBadmins channel just as it is.

Nothing exposes the ludicrous and irrational concept of hell better than simply quoting Quran and hadith. 
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #41 - May 23, 2015, 12:24 PM

Zahrul, if you were overwhelmed by the number of people replying, providing you use your words in an understandable way and not the mindless gibberish you started with, I'm happy to show you why islam is bullshit in a one on one match. Feel free to take me up on it any time you want your faith destroyed. It's easy enough.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #42 - May 23, 2015, 12:43 PM

Zahrul, .........................

, I'm happy to show you why islam is bullshit in a one on one match.................

Hello QSE., how are you doing??  what the hell is that  supposed to mean? what are you doing? trying to shift the subject? trying to divert the subject like that guy Jedi?   finmad

Why are you getting this "ISLAM" here??  Zahrul hardly  posted three posts and NONE OF HIS POSTS has a word "Islam" in them..

So I protest QSE.,   Zahrul is well educated and much smarter than what you guys are  thinking about him  or or giving credit to him and his posts....

• Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #43 - May 23, 2015, 01:14 PM

Post like
    I will thank GOD again when he will raise me again in 2280 A.D.

make me think he's an idiot, a troll, or an idiotic troll.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #44 - May 23, 2015, 01:34 PM

what do you expect bogart ?? .. you guys  from different cultural/religious/family backgrounds  are all travelling in the same direction on the same boat.  Anyways Zahirul_1 made some valid points in his 2 posts let me read them carefully... put them as nuggets of Zahirul

See  those points of Zahirul's first post   NOW YOU GUYS COUNTER THEM ,  They are wonderfully worded and ends up with logical conclusion.  My only problem with his post is these words

"I will thank GOD again when he will raise me again in 2280 A.D"

I just don't understand that number "2280 AD". what so significant about that? and where did he get that number from??  I have not read that in Quran.  I hope  Zahirul comes back and explain me a bit about that number ..

And let me show you guys what the hell  Zahirul is talking about

Zahirul.,  does that video properly explain these guys about the hell or do you have a better one?  Shut up Hassan.. sorry to say that   but shut up.. you always  pick on nice people.. finmad

Oh am I glad to see Zahirul .,  Zahirul  is here.. Zahirul  is reading and and Zahirul  is gutsy guy

I counter each point already or dismissed it as religious rhetoric.
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #45 - May 23, 2015, 01:43 PM

I don't think there's actually been a skilled apologist since I've been here. The ummah doesn't tend to send its best and brightest here, anyway. God forbid, the best one in my time might have been bigmo, or maybe mrasheed.
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #46 - May 23, 2015, 02:26 PM

"Every living thing knows that they came out from nothing and will meet death somehow. If living and non-living things just come out of chance , then life does not have any purpose for its existence"

actually that's a good question, what is the purpose of life ?, According to the Quran (51/56, And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.), i was never satisfied by this thesis Smiley , i would had expected this reply from a human tyrant  not a transcendent divine. 

there is no easy answer, I think every one has to come up with his own purpose.

and welcome to the forum.
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #47 - May 23, 2015, 03:18 PM

Purpose is teleology, thus to ask about the question of purpose then answering with a purpose is to beg the question.
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #48 - May 23, 2015, 07:22 PM

I counter each point already or dismissed it as religious rhetoric.

where bogart  where did you counter?  you mean this one and this one??  ... Well bogart.,  I am not sure you tried to explain Zahrul's doubts  in way that he will learn/teach/ interact and respond to your posts.  It appears that you are just chiding/heckling him..

So  3, 4 hrs ago, I saw Zahrul reading posts  but he didn't respond I guess you guys made him to think a bit..

Post likemake me think he's an idiot, a troll, or an idiotic troll.

well your words are laced with acid.. QSE., I am not certain they are useful to interact with a new CEMB member..  it is ok to use such words if he is a friend of you or old forum member with whom you are having bit fun..

• Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #49 - May 23, 2015, 07:46 PM

hatoush..... hatoush questions...
    "Every living thing knows that they came out from nothing and will meet death somehow............"

you think so? I don't think that is true hatoush., I don't think "Every living thing knows that they came out from nothing"..  Even very intelligent species millions of  human beings don't know about that
    actually that's a good question, what is the purpose of life ?,  According to the Quran (51/56, And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.), i was never satisfied by this thesis Smiley , i would had expected this reply from a human tyrant  not a transcendent divine.  

there is no easy answer, I think every one has to come up with his own purpose.

forget Quran., don't get Quran in to such subjects., Such debates are independent of any religion and any religious books ..

So Question is  what is the purpose of life ?

My simplest answer for that question is ..  "purpose of life or the purpose of  every living thing   is Living"., Now you can go and add some stuff for questions like

How to live life?
    How best we can live life?

So talking about life.,   human life wiki says
    1   Jeanne Calment   F   21 February 1875   4 August 1997   122 years, 164 days   France
    2   Sarah Knauss   F   24 September 1880   30 December 1999   119 years, 97 days   United States
    3   Lucy Hannah   F   16 July 1875   21 March 1993   117 years, 248 days   United States
    4   Marie-Louise Meilleur   F   29 August 1880   16 April 1998   117 years, 230 days   Canada
    5   Misao Okawa   F   5 March 1898   1 April 2015[4]   117 years, 27 days   Japan
    6   María Capovilla   F   14 September 1889   27 August 2006   116 years, 347 days   Ecuador
    7   Gertrude Weaver[5]   F   4 July 1898   6 April 2015   116 years, 276 days   United States
    8   Tane Ikai   F   18 January 1879   12 July 1995   116 years, 175 days   Japan
    9   Elizabeth Bolden   F   15 August 1890   11 December 2006   116 years, 118 days   United States
    10   Besse Cooper   F   26 August 1896   4 December 2012   116 years, 100 days   United States

1   Jiroemon Kimura   19 April 1897   12 June 2013   116 years, 54 days   Japan
    2   Christian Mortensen   16 August 1882   25 April 1998   115 years, 252 days   United States[a]
    3   Emiliano Mercado del Toro   21 August 1891   24 January 2007   115 years, 156 days   Puerto Rico
    4   Mathew Beard   9 July 1870   16 February 1985   114 years, 222 days   United States
    5   Walter Breuning   21 September 1896   14 April 2011   114 years, 205 days   United States
    6   Yukichi Chuganji   23 March 1889   28 September 2003   114 years, 189 days   Japan
    7   Joan Riudavets   15 December 1889   5 March 2004   114 years, 81 days   Spain
    8   Fred H. Hale, Sr.   1 December 1890   19 November 2004   113 years, 354 days   United States
    9   Johnson Parks   15 October 1884   17 July 1998   113 years, 275 days   United States
    10   Tomoji Tanabe   18 September 1895   19 June 2009   113 years, 274 days   Japan

well these guys really oooold..

The parts of the root system that were sent to the United States dated back nearly 10,000 years, it is possible that other parts are older, locals told Aftonbladet.

Damn that is 10,000 year old talk about the time

It took 5,800 years before Sweden entered the Bronze Age, around 1,700 B.C., the first time period where it can be proved the 'country' traded internationally.

Year 800 - The age of the Vikings begin, an era which would go down in history as one of trading, exploring and military success (by the Scandinavians) and violent raids and pillaging (the rest of the world). The Scandinavian Vikings travelled as far as today's United States, Turkey, North Africa, and Yorkshire.

Around 850 - The first christian missionary, a German monk called Ansgar arrive in Sweden. It takes another 150 years before Christianity is established as a religion.

Late 900 - Sweden, as a nation, begins to unite under one leader and gets its first border - to Denmark - in the early 1000s.

1397 - Sweden, Denmark and Norway enter the Kalmar Union under King Erik of Pommern.

1523 - King Gustav I  breaks up the union after defeating King Christian II of Denmark in the wake of the Stockholm Bloodbath.

1611 - Gustav II Adolf takes the throne and so begins the Great Power era when Sweden expands to the Baltic States and into parts of Germany, Russia, Poland and Norway.

1707 - Carl Linneaus 'father of modern botany' is born. He's still depicted on the 100SEK note.

1766 - Sweden establishes the first principle of the freedom of the press.

1814 - Sweden fights its last war to date - the Sweden-Norwegian war. It ends with a union.

1833 - Alfred Nobel, inventor of dynamite and founder of the Nobel Prize is born.

1907 - All Swedish men win the right to vote.

1919 - Women in Sweden win the right to vote - but into practice in the election

1922 - A referendum is held on banning alcoholic beverages. It is voted down.

1955 - An article in Time magazine paints a picture of Sweden as the home of sin on earth.

1972 - Abba is formed. Two years later they win Eurovision and take over the world.

1980 - The order of succession to the Swedish throne is changed, and Princess Victoria becomes Crown Princess and next in line, ahead of her younger brother Prince Carl-Philip.

1986 - Prime Minister Olof Palme is murdered in central Stockholm. The killer is still at large.

1995 - Sweden enters the European Union.

1999 - The music of ABBA is adapted into a musical - Mamma Mia!

2003 - Sweden votes no to enter the monetary union and the Euro

2009 - Same-sex marriages are legalized in Sweden

2012 - Crown Princess Victoria gives birth to Princess Estelle - third in line to the throne

and that is Swedish life.. I love to live in that country.... wonderful people..

• Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #50 - May 23, 2015, 07:50 PM

well your words are laced with acid.. QSE., I am not certain they are useful to interact with a new CEMB member..  it is ok to use such words if he is a friend of you or old forum member with whom you are having bit fun..

I think you're being a little harsh on Quod but I do agree that we should take it easy with Muslim posters or we just end up chasing them away. Also might be a good idea if we don't all jump in. Perhaps leave it to the first one to respond?
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #51 - May 23, 2015, 08:05 PM

Did anyone seriously think he was actually here to engage with ex-muslims in a calm, rational, civilized manner and actually consider the points raised?

• Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #52 - May 23, 2015, 08:21 PM

Well unless you can see what's in peoples' hearts then it's best to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I think you need to expect any Muslim poster that actually has the guts to register here to be somewhat prickly,  stroppy and expecting a fight. So unless thats how you want every encounter to go down then I suggest a softer approach and one where everyone didn't pile in so they don't feel so overwhelmed and defensive.

I was much the same when I first posted as a Muslim on Ali Sina's site faithfreedom and I hated the way everyone piled in on me accusing me of not responding to their posts when in fact I was somewhat punchdrunk and bewildered by all the seemingly hostile, shocking and (from my perspective)  bigoted things that were being hurled at me. In the end I too ran away. (Though I came back some years later which is when I met Berbs on there.)
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #53 - May 23, 2015, 08:28 PM

Maybe we can have a special option for Muslim posters that takes them through something like a prompt menu, like when you call into tech support. It could just link them up to discussions we've already had. "Please read carefully, as our menu options have changed. If you are here to argue why burning people alive eternally is a good idea, click here. If you are here because you want to argue why evolution is nonsense, click here. If you are here to talk about why nine year olds in desert climates are mature enough to marry 50 year olds, click here. If you think there are scientific miracles in the Qur'an, click here. And if you've reached the "Qur'an only" stage of your doubts, click here. When you are finished reading, you may engage in further discussion with other members. Thank you for choosing CEMB."
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #54 - May 23, 2015, 08:30 PM

Maybe we need some guidlinesguidelines and make it a sticky?
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #55 - May 23, 2015, 08:31 PM

I was much the same when I first posted as a Muslim on Ali Sina's site faithfreedom and I hated the way everyone piled in on me...............

Really.... did you know that guy "yeezevee" over there Hassan?

Did you know that guy  was banned from  there for supporting for freedom of expression and for  the reason  of questioning moderators on banning people  specially  Muslim folks?  

• Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #56 - May 23, 2015, 08:31 PM

Maybe we can have a special option for Muslim posters that takes them through something like a prompt menu, like when you call into tech support. It could just link them up to discussions we've already had. "Please read carefully, as our menu options have changed. If you are here to argue why burning people alive eternally is a good idea, click here. If you are here because you want to argue why evolution is nonsense, click here. If you are here to talk about why nine year olds in desert climates are mature enough to marry 50 year olds, click here. If you think there are scientific miracles in the Qur'an, click here. And if you've reached the "Qur'an only" stage of your doubts, click here. When you are finished reading, you may engage in further discussion with other members. Thank you for choosing CEMB."

Agreed lol
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #57 - May 23, 2015, 08:31 PM

Cheesy I remember the first time you suggested that.

• Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #58 - May 23, 2015, 08:32 PM

Really.... did you know that guy "yeezevee" over there Hassan?

Did you know that guy  was banned from  there for supporting for freedom of expression and for  the reason  of questioning moderators on banning people  specially  Muslim folks?  

How dare they!
  • Split from Ex Quranist
     Reply #59 - May 23, 2015, 08:34 PM

Cheesy I remember the first time you suggested that.

I suggested that before?
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »