Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Suicide bomber strikes at Saudi Shi'ite mosque says news

(Read 1598 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Suicide bomber strikes at Saudi Shi'ite mosque says news
     OP - May 22, 2015, 10:52 AM

Suicide bomber strikes at Saudi Shi'ite mosque  says news

DUBAI, May 22 ( Reuters ) - A suicide bomber blew himself up at a Shi'ite mosque in eastern Saudi Arabia during Friday prayers, residents said, killing and wounding several people.

One witness described a huge explosion at the Imam Ali mosque in the village of al-Qadeeh. He estimated there were at least 30 casualties in the attack, where more than 150 people were praying.

"We were doing the first part of the prayers when we heard the blast," Kamal Jaafar Hassan, one worshipper, told Reuters by telephone from the scene.

The Saudi state news agency confirmed an explosion had occurred at a mosque in eastern Saudi Arabia and said more details would be provided later.
    Pictures posted on social media showed bloodied victims being taken away on stretchers.

The blast took place at the Imam Ali mosque in the town of al-Qadeeh, Qatif province. One witness said there were at least 30 casualties in the attack, where more than 150 people were praying.

"We were doing the first part of the prayers when we heard the blast," Kamal Jaafar Hassan, one of the worshipers, told Reuters by telephone from the scene.  Another eyewitness told the Middle East Eye that at least five people have been killed and 20 have been injured.

well Shias are not real muslims in that sand land.. neither they are offshoot  of SAUDS...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_Islam_in_Saudi_Arabia

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - May 22, 2015, 01:16 PM

Why hasn't IS attacked Saudi Arabia? 

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #2 - May 22, 2015, 01:23 PM

Why hasn't IS attacked Saudi Arabia?  

because IS is primarily a Sunni Islamic Organization

The same question I asked some 13 years ago., Why  hasn't  these  Al-Qaeda  Islamic heroes attacked Saudi Arabia instead of America?

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - May 22, 2015, 01:33 PM

Except various groups have

The Grand Mosque seizure occurred during November and December 1979 when extremist insurgents calling for the overthrow of the House of Saud took over Al-Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, during the annual Hajj pilgrimage. The insurgents declared that the Mahdi (the "redeemer of Islam") had arrived in the form of one of their leaders – Mohammed Abdullah al-Qahtani – and called on Muslims to obey him.

The seizure of Islam's holiest site, the taking hostage of hundreds of Hajj pilgrims, and the deaths of hundreds of militants, security forces and hostages caught in crossfire in the ensuing battles for control of the site, all shocked the Islamic world. The siege ended two weeks after the takeover began with militants and the mosque was cleared.[7] Following the attack, the Saudi state implemented a stricter enforcement of Islamic code. [8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Mosque_seizure

IS seems to be reasonably together strategically, in terms of propaganda and financially.  If I were them the centre of Islam would seem to be a reasonable target.  I can't see the Saudi army as being that good and the US cannot help there directly!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #4 - May 22, 2015, 10:11 PM

IS have apparently claimed responsibility for this
     Reply #5 - May 22, 2015, 10:17 PM

The Qu'ran instructs Muslims that anyone who is not of Islam is an "infidel", and the Qu'ran states that infidels must be killed. A Muslim is not assured of salvation when they die, but according to their Qu'ran, the guaranteed way to heaven is to kill an enemy of Islam, meaning "infidels". Then, only then, are they assured heaven.

So if you are a Christian, a Jew, a Hindu, Buddhist, any non-Muslim, you fall into the ranks of the "infidel." So a Muslim has no qualms about strapping on a bomb vest and blowing themselves up, along with innocent people. They believe that they've killed infidels, and will be going to heaven. For those here in the real world, we call that Islamic Terrorism.

Even sects that are not sunnis...muslims consider them kaffirs so they blow the poor chaps up Huh?

Sometimes a girl has to be like the snow, beautiful, but cold...
     Reply #6 - May 22, 2015, 10:19 PM

A Muslim is not assured of salvation when they die, but according to their Qu'ran, the guaranteed way to heaven is to kill an enemy of Islam, meaning "infidels". Then, only then, are they assured heaven.

Ehh, not exactly.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »