Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: "Muslims 'worship devil" BNP candidate

(Read 7265 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • "Muslims 'worship devil" BNP candidate
     OP - May 06, 2015, 04:24 PM

A teacher standing as a British National Party (BNP) candidate told pupils "Muslims worship the devil", a disciplinary panel has heard.

Reverend Robert West, 59, who is the party's parliamentary candidate for Boston and Skegness, made the comments during a history lesson.

The National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) said his conduct fell short of the profession's standards.
    A BNP spokesman said the party would comment once sanctions are decided.

Mr West has no connection to the Church of England. In 2006, he set up his own church, based in a house in Holbeach, to preach "traditional bible beliefs".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-32597460
     Reply #1 - May 06, 2015, 04:24 PM

Reply #2 - May 06, 2015, 11:52 PM

Makes sense from a christian point of view I guess. The bible is god's book, Jesus is the living god and the only way to salvation is through him. If you believe christianity, then another religion comes along saying god's word is corrupted and that the god you worship is simply a prophet, that this religion's god tricked you (for a laugh I guess) coming to the conclusion islam is from Satan makes sense.

I doubt no one knew he had these beliefs. Makes me wonder how he got the job in the first place.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3 - May 07, 2015, 03:35 AM

No, it doesn't really make sense from a Christian point of view.  It would make sense to believe that muslims were following the wrong path to God, or misguided, or something like that, but saying that muslims are worshipping Satan is only sensible for Christians of the Westboro Baptist type.  Joining the BNP would be consistent with that type of Christian fundamentalism too - hatred of gays, Catholics, muslims, Jews, Hindus, etc.

How on earth did he get to be a teacher?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #4 - May 07, 2015, 05:22 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of Mo being influenced by Satan rather than allah, not knowingly worshipping the devil.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #5 - May 07, 2015, 07:03 PM

Lol this guy's the fake vicar! BNP did an advert filming him standing outside a locked church door to give the illusion that he's in charge of the church and just came out. It's so freaking funny coz it was so obvious that it was fake.

West is also seen in a British National Party political broadcast of 2014, appearing to lock the door of a traditional ecclesiastical building, before turning to espouse a message of support for the BNP. Such an adopted image has led the media to dub him, "the fake vicar".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_West_(politician)

here's the video. Skip to 3:43 to see his performance!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgLZSZqEZF8

"we stand firm calling to allah all the time,
    we let them know - bang! bang! - coz it's dawah time!"
     Reply #6 - May 07, 2015, 07:11 PM

No, it doesn't really make sense from a Christian point of view.  It would make sense to believe that muslims were following the wrong path to God, or misguided, or something like that, but saying that muslims are worshipping Satan is only sensible for Christians of the Westboro Baptist type.  Joining the BNP would be consistent with that type of Christian fundamentalism too - hatred of gays, Catholics, muslims, Jews, Hindus, etc.

It does make sense once you look at the concept of false prophets and the Book of Revelations. The Anti-Christ will be a false prophet which represents the Beast but is seen as a representative of god by the many of the masses. False prophets if not cons are guided by a spirit which is not from god. In this case this spirit would be of the Beast, representative or lower demon or the Beast directly. This also crosses over for Christians being on guard against spirits which would led one astray. these spirits would be of part of the Beast, a representative or the Beast itself.

Most Christians are PR friendly They will not outright tell someone they are going to burn in hell, face oblivion or follow a false prophet. However by their very belief that one must accept Christ as the Son they already believe it. Since Mo claimed to hear his message from an angel a Christian can be justified in claiming either Mo had mental issues, was a liar or was led astray by a false spirit. If they take the claims of this angel middle-man as fact then in the Christian mindset a Muslim does follow Satan but does not realize this fact. It takes no leap to make this conclusion.
     Reply #7 - May 07, 2015, 07:32 PM

Nevertheless it is a position that neither the Catholic Church nor Church of England would take today.

It is - as Cheetah says - more like fringe loonies, such as Westboro Baptist Church.
     Reply #8 - May 07, 2015, 08:21 PM

I hope this leads hm to question his views. Unfortunately, it could have the opposite effect and entrench his stupidity and that of others who consider him to be a victim of the PC system.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #9 - May 07, 2015, 09:55 PM

Question to Abrahamists:

If a kind and loving benevolent god sends people who don't believe in him or follows his rules to be tortured forever in a lake of fire.......what would an evil sadistic tyrannical god have to do to beat that?

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #10 - May 07, 2015, 10:08 PM

Nevertheless it is a position that neither the Catholic Church nor Church of England would take today.

It is - as Cheetah says - more like fringe loonies, such as Westboro Baptist Church.

They wouldn't phrase it that way but reading between the lines they would support it in a by the by way.
     Reply #11 - May 07, 2015, 10:33 PM

That guy seems like a right nutter.

BTW re hell:  I think the Church of England lean toward annihilationalism rather than eternal torment these days:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/anger-as-bishop-takes-torture-out-of-hell-church-of-england-told-not-to-take-descriptions-of-second-coming-literally-1467484.html

Reply #12 - May 07, 2015, 11:04 PM

Question to Abrahamists:

If a kind and loving benevolent god sends people who don't believe in him or follows his rules to be tortured forever in a lake of fire.......what would an evil sadistic tyrannical god have to do to beat that?

Do the same to people that do believe in him?
     Reply #13 - May 07, 2015, 11:18 PM

Or send people to heaven for not believing in him?

depends which way you wanna make up bullshit I guess?

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #14 - May 08, 2015, 11:22 PM

I do not doubt he is on the fringe. However my point was to suggest there are far more within the fringe that appear moderate. There currently a divide with Catholic America due to the Vatican's press statements from Francis. So people that were once seen as part of a moderate religion step out of that mold once issues are pressed by internal or external factors. At time we accept the views of a label as the views of the individual holding said label when in fact they may not have 100% of label's views.
     Reply #15 - May 08, 2015, 11:25 PM

I hope this leads hm to question his views. Unfortunately, it could have the opposite effect and entrench his stupidity and that of others who consider him to be a victim of the PC system.

Doubtful. Usually the victimhood and persecution complex kicks which entrench these views even more. Such changes of views tend to be found in the mass of believers rather than the elite spouting off this sort of nonsense.
     Reply #16 - May 08, 2015, 11:26 PM

Question to Abrahamists:

Sending even those that believe to Hell. Or make the believer's faith have no value by placing unbelievers in Heaven. No cake for anyone! It's pie all the way down.
     Reply #17 - May 26, 2015, 10:43 PM

Well god sends believers to hell all the time for minor transgressions anyway, so what gives?

Abraham's 'good' god is indistinguishable from an evil god, solely on the basis of torturing people who don't believe due to lack of evidence.

Reply #18 - May 29, 2015, 12:46 AM

We don't need teachers like this.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »