Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: UK Election 2015

(Read 19939 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • UK Election 2015
     Reply #180 - May 24, 2015, 08:32 AM

I am surprised that a group of ex-Muslims are so supportive of the Labour party. The left have been far worse than the centre or right at turning a blind eye to Islamism ("useful idiots" , Lenin's description of Communist fellow travellers), and Milliband promised to bring in a law outlawing Islamophobia... well,we know how Islamic activists would abuse that.

I suppose that the reason that ethnic minorities don't vote Conservative is the latter party still has a whiff of Powellite racism about it, but it is much reduced since most of the racists have been exported to UKIP. In any case, even native white people who voted for the Tories don't actually like them, but consider (rightly) that they are more competent than Labour, and that the coalition didn't do a bad job of rescuing the economy from the mess it was in in 2010 (wages are crap, property is unaffordable. but job creation has been the best of any developed country).

The Labour campaign was so bad it seemed to have been scripted by The Thick of It - the Edstone, Harriet Harperson's embarrassing pink bus...Also the white working class are fed up of being sneered at by leftie intellectuals as "chavs" and "white van man"
  • UK Election 2015
     Reply #181 - May 24, 2015, 10:57 AM

I don't have a problem with the Conservatives, but I just worry about the NHS and other public services and issues relating to liberty and human rights snooping etc.

I would have rather the Lib Dems had got back in with them.
  • UK Election 2015
     Reply #182 - May 24, 2015, 12:28 PM

I would have rather the Lib Dems had got back in with them.

You're not the only one, and I am sorry for them that they got shafted after they did the decent thing in 2010. In hindsight it was predictable, though, as many of their seats in natural Conservative territory were due to tactical voting by Labour supporters.
  • UK Election 2015
     Reply #183 - May 24, 2015, 12:37 PM

I don't have a problem with the Conservatives, but I just worry about the NHS and other public services and issues relating to liberty and human rights snooping etc.

I personally dislike the Conservatives mainly because they have made comments which has resulted in making my life difficult. I remember David Cameron making a speech about multiculturalism and how ethnic people in the UK are not integrating. Okay that might be true but it is people like me have to put up with the impact of these comments.

I was born in the UK, speak fluent English and never committed a crime. However, because I have brown skin, some people tend to assume the worst of me. I have been been called racial names and physically threatened in the past. I strongly dislike all the two main parties because they have all made comments that resulted in some sort of racial tension between communities.

It is getting worse because politicians and the media don't care about the consequences of what they say. Not everyone is the same. Ugh...

• UK Election 2015
     Reply #184 - May 24, 2015, 12:41 PM

I agree with you on that. Sadly the rise of ukip I think meant that mainstream politicians upped their rhetoric
  • UK Election 2015
     Reply #185 - May 24, 2015, 12:43 PM

^^^ It's important to note that these statements are not aimed at you. Those who are looking for an excuse to exercise their racism will do so no matter what. Despite my loathing of the Conservatives I know for certain that some segments of the immigrant and post-imigrant commnunities in Britain do need to better integrate. Far too many do not consider themselves British nor bother to learn the language and may wish to substitute secular values with that of others. The last point will never happen at all and should not be exxagerated but neither should the issue not be addressed either.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • UK Election 2015
     Reply #186 - May 24, 2015, 12:53 PM

Very true, Jedi.
  • UK Election 2015
     Reply #187 - May 24, 2015, 01:54 PM

I personally dislike the Conservatives mainly because they have made comments which has resulted in making my life difficult. I remember David Cameron making a speech about multiculturalism and how ethnic people in the UK are not integrating. Okay that might be true but it is people like me have to put up with the impact of these comments.

I was born in the UK, speak fluent English and never committed a crime. However, because I have brown skin, some people tend to assume the worst of me. I have been been called racial names and physically threatened in the past. I strongly dislike all the two main parties because they have all made comments that resulted in some sort of racial tension between communities.

It is getting worse because politicians and the media don't care about the consequences of what they say. Not everyone is the same. Ugh...

Multiculturalism is a two-way street. Far too many treat it as a one way street that only leads the dominate culture of the host nation. You can not complain that people are not integrating well talking about multiculturalism. It is a contradiction of terms. It seems to be more about monoculturalism plus whatever does not upset the set values at the time.
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7« Previous thread | Next thread »