Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Rapture is coming: 'Rejoice'

(Read 3251 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Rapture is coming: 'Rejoice'
     OP - April 26, 2015, 11:09 PM

Former Rep. Michele Bachmann is very excited that the world may be coming to an end. Iran may be getting the bomb, and gay people are getting married these days, and all of this is wonderful news because it means Israel is going to be destroyed and there will be wars and plagues and famines and that means Jesus is going to come back to fly all the bestest Bachmann-approving-of Christians into heaven while her enemies get left to rot in whatever post-nuclear wasteland comes next. You think we are making this up. We are not making this up.

"We get to be living in the most exciting time in history," she said, urging fellow Christians to "rejoice."
    "Jesus Christ is coming back. We, in our lifetimes potentially, could see Jesus Christ returning to Earth, the Rapture of the Church."

“We need to realize how close this clock is to getting towards the midnight hour,” Bachmann said. “Barack Obama is intent, it is his number one goal, to ensure that Iran has a nuclear weapon.” [...]

After Bachmann said that Obama intends to “lift up the agenda of radical Islam,” Markell added that legal abortion and marriage equality for gays and lesbians are bringing about divine punishment on America.

“You are right,” Bachmann responded, lamenting that God will soon lift His “hedge of protection” over “pagan” America “and we will suffer the consequences as a result.”

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/04/25/1379546/-Michele-Bachmann-says-the-Rapture-is-coming-Rejoice?detail=facebook_sf#
     Reply #1 - April 26, 2015, 11:12 PM

Makes my head hurt...
     Reply #2 - April 27, 2015, 03:17 AM

Makes my head hurt...

well  then listen to her...  happymurtad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWOCpiqMyqY

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   ah..ha...ha...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - April 27, 2015, 09:38 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0
     Reply #4 - April 27, 2015, 09:38 AM

"dogs and cats living together"   Cheesy
     Reply #5 - April 27, 2015, 09:47 AM

Makes my head hurt...

Marlene Winnell is an ex fundi now psychologist who has some interesting ideas about treating these forms of madness.

http://journeyfree.org/rts/

Religious Trauma Syndrome has a very recognizable set of symptoms, a definitive set of causes, and a debilitating cycle of abuse. There are ways to stop the abuse and recover.

Symptoms of Religious Trauma Syndrome:

• Cognitive: Confusion, poor critical thinking ability, negative beliefs about self-ability & self-worth, black & white thinking, perfectionism, difficulty with decision-making

• Emotional: Depression, anxiety, anger, grief, loneliness, difficulty with pleasure, loss of meaning

• Social: Loss of social network, family rupture, social awkwardness, sexual difficulty, behind schedule on developmental tasks

• Cultural: Unfamiliarity with secular world; “fish out of water” feelings, difficulty belonging, information gaps (e.g. evolution, modern art, music)

This needs adapting to include the manic phase and that people like this get elected!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #6 - April 27, 2015, 10:06 AM

I like the way you think  Smiley
     Reply #7 - April 27, 2015, 11:57 AM

The Rapture is cooking: 'Rejoice'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM6d06ALBVA

Reply #8 - April 27, 2015, 11:59 AM

I like the way you think  Smiley

hehe... love Ghostbusters!  Afro
     Reply #9 - April 27, 2015, 12:23 PM

Idiot doesn't know her own theology. The second coming won't happen until all the jews are in Israel, not the destruction of Israel by radical islam or some such nonsense.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #10 - April 27, 2015, 12:27 PM

Idiot doesn't know her own theology. The second coming won't happen until all the jews are in Israel, not the destruction of Israel by radical islam or some such nonsense.

that is what happens when high school drop outs enter in to politics and  use religions and stupid religious  followers for their power grabbing politics,,

Reply #11 - April 27, 2015, 01:46 PM

No Yeez. The vast majority of religious adherence know next to nothing about their religion but common memes. Their secondary knowledge of the history of their religion is worse than their knowledge of their religion.
     Reply #12 - April 27, 2015, 07:24 PM

The Rapture? Isn't that when Jesus come back and whisks all the religio-fundies away to heaven?

COOL! When is it happening? Hopefully this week!!

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #13 - April 27, 2015, 07:48 PM

The Rapture? Isn't that when Jesus come back and whisks all the religio-fundies away to heaven?

You're not invited  Tongue
     Reply #14 - April 28, 2015, 07:21 AM

“and we will suffer the consequences as a result.”

I wish she would make up her mind. Isn't the rapture going to be a glorious thing for her?

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
     Reply #15 - May 07, 2015, 09:50 PM

You're not invited  Tongue

Awww, I get to miss out on an eternity worshipping an omnicidal maniac?? Boo-fucking-hoo!!

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #16 - May 07, 2015, 10:58 PM

that is what happens when high school drop outs enter in to politics and  use religions and stupid religious  followers for their power grabbing politics,,

I understood all of that.
     Reply #17 - May 08, 2015, 12:58 AM

There's a sign the end is nigh if there ever was one.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #18 - May 26, 2015, 10:44 PM

If 'The Rapture' is coming very quickly does that make it a 'Veloci-Rapture'?  Cheesy Roll Eyes

Reply #19 - May 28, 2015, 11:34 PM

A man in Cork has just predicted that a meteor will hit Ireland in September and kill 40 million people as punishment for the Irish vote in favour of gay marriage last week.   So don't say you haven't been warned! cool2

(I'm wondering why there will be 40 million people in Ireland in September?  There's usually only about 5 million of us.  Maybe there's a U2 concert then or something.)

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #20 - May 28, 2015, 11:44 PM

The resulting tsunami will wallop 35 million Scots, Poms and Welsh. God doesn't like them either.*

And I would totally love for Bachmann and her ilk to get Raptured. If God is daft enough to want them up there, he's more than welcome to them. Tongue

*Oh yeah, and the Manx are fucked too. Pity about the Shetland ponies though. Those little buggers are cute.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #21 - May 29, 2015, 12:23 AM

And there was me thinking it was some kind of pre historic bird
     Reply #22 - May 29, 2015, 01:15 AM

What kind of a God would kill Shetland ponies?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #23 - May 30, 2015, 11:36 AM

The same kind of god who would burn people in hell forever.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »