Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Which is the most beautiful wild canine Species?
  • Coyote - 0 (0%)
  • Fox - 4 (36.4%)
  • Jackal - 1 (9.1%)
  • Wolf - 5 (45.5%)
  • Other - 1 (9.1%)
  • Total Voters: 11

Topic: Canine Invasions

(Read 1293 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Canine Invasions
     OP - April 17, 2015, 02:19 PM

2 fascinating documentaries on the smaller, more adaptable canine species that are taking the place of wolves in response to human induced environmental changes: Jackals in Europe and Coyotes in North America. The one on Coyotes is mainly about a new species called a “Coywolf” which is a mix of Coyote and wolf that first appeared last century and is perfectly adapted to living in human environments.

Very noble and intelligent animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjWvk71sv_Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTNC0WS2D5g
  • Canine Invasions
     Reply #1 - April 17, 2015, 11:02 PM

I went with wolf. Old classic.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Canine Invasions
     Reply #2 - April 17, 2015, 11:08 PM

2 fascinating documentaries on the smaller, more adaptable canine species that are taking the place of wolves in response to human induced environmental changes: Jackals in Europe and Coyotes in North America. The one on Coyotes is mainly about a new species called a “Coywolf” which is a mix of Coyote and wolf that first appeared last century and is perfectly adapted to living in human environments.

Very noble and intelligent animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjWvk71sv_Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTNC0WS2D5g

Coydogs are far better adapted to human environments. I used to live down the street from a bunch of them. Now I live in wolf country, coyote country, and have never seen one. Just heard them.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Canine Invasions
     Reply #3 - April 17, 2015, 11:09 PM

I had to choose other, for Fennec.

• Canine Invasions
     Reply #4 - April 18, 2015, 02:21 AM

I love foxes. Reminds me of growing up and spending a great deal of my time in the state park behind my house. They were the most dangerous thing I saw on a regular basis, and they don't go after humans. (They hung out alone, and I was a lot bigger than them, they mostly hunted the small vermin like mice and shit.) There were supposedly bears, but I never saw them; did see a cougar, but only once. There were wolves in other local parks, but those parks weren't connected to the one in my backyard. (Basically, Maryland makes a ton of money off the Chesapeake Bay, and once they realized that pollution can travel down the tributaries and hurt the bay, they made all the rivers state parks and planted tons of trees and stuff to stop pollution upstream.)

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Canine Invasions
     Reply #5 - April 18, 2015, 10:19 AM

I live in real wild country, and I am grateful we haven't got much that bothers people, like wild hogs and cougars. My kids have been trained on bears and coyotes since they were walking. Wolves I don't teach them any skills for, since they steer clear of people.
    When I lived in the Southwest the coydogs would follow you at dusk. Scary, when walking with small children.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »