Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hey you guys

(Read 6248 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hey you guys
     OP - April 10, 2015, 12:59 AM

Hello to all of you fabulous ex-muslims,

I'm Sachi (fake name or not you decide) and I'm considering to be a part of you guys. This is gonna be a long essay, but just know that I am in real need of your help and would love if you share any of your experiences or even comment about what I've to say about leaving Islam :3

Throughout my 16 years of living, I have always been reminded constantly about the sheer 'importance' of Islam. I was raised in England and have been through all the Islamic classes, prayed, fasted, all of that, and well, i moved to Malaysia and started wearing a hijab. I only ever had doubts about Islam (which I tried to deny) when I started to find contradictions about Islam, such as the fact you can't kill someone since it's like killing the whole of mankind... Yet you can mercilessly slaughter all of the non muslims. Genders in Islam are perfectly equal... But only men can marry multiple wives and can beat their wives. Of course women cannot do this, but anyway, the genders are perfectly equal.

It was like being in the story of Animal Farm, by George Orwell. You think you're in good hands but in reality, you're surrounded by manipulative pigs who take advantage of how much you rely on them. You could've studied it harder, you could've looked at the broader picture. But you didn't. You let yourself become a part of their scheme. It's like this:

'All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.'

I tried reaching out to my best friend who was also Muslim in England but she did not appreciate my change of heart and encouraged I stayed. So I stayed.

A few months later, I had my doubts again. I examined the people, the world around me, who were all supposedly Islamic.
    We can't touch boys in Islam. Yet why are all my classmates making contact with them? You can only show your face and palms. Yet why are they dressing up while showing more than needs be in an Islamic country? We're supposed to pray Zuhr after school, else you get a sin. Yet why was I the only one showing up at the surau?
    'I'm letting myself be influenced by them,' I told myself, 'it doesn't matter anyway, I am a strong muslim, unlike them.'
    But why was it that I felt inferior, almost stupid looking to keep the faith that everyone was sub consciously losing, yet denying?

I felt alone in all this, considering the prospect of leaving. So I checked the internet and boom, found there's you guys who can be able to help, hopefully Smiley
    I also found that Islam is really... Fucked up. Islamic schools have always been fabricating everything and manipulating tiny facts and bringing them out and saying 'Oh what a beautiful phrase this is, Islam is so beautiful'. When in reality, Islam is quite dark...

Many people in my country, I think, do not fully undergo the more vigilant practices of Islam. Hell, they might be denying it like I did. Many claim that they are Muslim but they do not practice Islam, which I think is wrong to do so. What's the point of lying to yourself?

I want to embrace this new change of heart, although it will damage my relationships with people greatly. My family is quite strict in terms of Islam as well... But I feel like by starting this I will cause a ripple effect, a change in my family history.
    As cheesy as it sounds, I will be looking forward to raise my children without having to shove religion down their throats like what happened to me. They will be glad they have their free choice to choose what to believe in, and well, I am glad to have admitted to myself that I do not need a religion to keep me on my feet. :3

If any of you are Malaysian, please PM me, I would love to know who you are. And if you'd like to suggest to me about how I can go about making this dramatic change (mind you, this means getting rid of the hijab, confessing to my family eventually and maybe changing habits) please also PM me, I would gladly appreciate any feedback :3
    Thanks for reading!

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies.
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #1 - April 10, 2015, 01:13 AM

Welcome. Have a parrot. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #2 - April 10, 2015, 01:18 AM

parrot
    Thank you. You too xD

• Hey you guys
     Reply #3 - April 10, 2015, 02:03 AM

parrot

Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #4 - April 10, 2015, 07:56 AM

Sachi, love your name, welcome to the forum parrot will definitely get back to you once I have the time to post. Meanwhile, feel free to browse and read some of the other stories in here. bunny

You are the Universe, Expressing itself as a Human for a little while- Eckhart Tolle
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #5 - April 10, 2015, 08:58 AM

parrot

Welcome!

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #6 - April 10, 2015, 09:33 AM

Thank you all!! I shall Ishtar! ^_^

• Hey you guys
     Reply #7 - April 10, 2015, 10:36 AM

Welcome - have a parrot  parrot
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #8 - April 10, 2015, 07:25 PM

welcome sachi! lovely name <3

have rabbit too  Wink  bunny bunny

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #9 - April 12, 2015, 06:51 PM

Welcome, here's another parrot Smiley  parrot

Also, your essay was quite modestly-lengthed for an intro essay around here. Mine was MUCH longer and less well-edited. Good job!  Afro

إطلب العلم ولو في الصين

Es sitzt keine Krone so fest und so hoch,
    Der mutige Springer erreicht sie doch.

I don't give a fuck about your war, or your President.
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #10 - April 13, 2015, 07:23 PM

Hello to all of you fabulous ex-muslims,

I'm Sachi (fake name or not you decide) and I'm considering to be a part of you guys. This is gonna be a long essay, but just know that I am in real need of your help and would love if you share any of your experiences or even comment about what I've to say about leaving Islam :3

Throughout my 16 years of living, I have always been reminded constantly about the sheer 'importance' of Islam. I was raised in England and have been through all the Islamic classes, prayed, fasted, all of that, and well, i moved to Malaysia and started wearing a hijab. I only ever had doubts about Islam (which I tried to deny) when I started to find contradictions about Islam, such as the fact you can't kill someone since it's like killing the whole of mankind... Yet you can mercilessly slaughter all of the non muslims. Genders in Islam are perfectly equal... But only men can marry multiple wives and can beat their wives. Of course women cannot do this, but anyway, the genders are perfectly equal.

It was like being in the story of Animal Farm, by George Orwell. You think you're in good hands but in reality, you're surrounded by manipulative pigs who take advantage of how much you rely on them. You could've studied it harder, you could've looked at the broader picture. But you didn't. You let yourself become a part of their scheme. It's like this:

'All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.'

I tried reaching out to my best friend who was also Muslim in England but she did not appreciate my change of heart and encouraged I stayed. So I stayed.

A few months later, I had my doubts again. I examined the people, the world around me, who were all supposedly Islamic.
    We can't touch boys in Islam. Yet why are all my classmates making contact with them? You can only show your face and palms. Yet why are they dressing up while showing more than needs be in an Islamic country? We're supposed to pray Zuhr after school, else you get a sin. Yet why was I the only one showing up at the surau?
    'I'm letting myself be influenced by them,' I told myself, 'it doesn't matter anyway, I am a strong muslim, unlike them.'
    But why was it that I felt inferior, almost stupid looking to keep the faith that everyone was sub consciously losing, yet denying?

I felt alone in all this, considering the prospect of leaving. So I checked the internet and boom, found there's you guys who can be able to help, hopefully Smiley
    I also found that Islam is really... Fucked up. Islamic schools have always been fabricating everything and manipulating tiny facts and bringing them out and saying 'Oh what a beautiful phrase this is, Islam is so beautiful'. When in reality, Islam is quite dark...

Many people in my country, I think, do not fully undergo the more vigilant practices of Islam. Hell, they might be denying it like I did. Many claim that they are Muslim but they do not practice Islam, which I think is wrong to do so. What's the point of lying to yourself?

I want to embrace this new change of heart, although it will damage my relationships with people greatly. My family is quite strict in terms of Islam as well... But I feel like by starting this I will cause a ripple effect, a change in my family history.
    As cheesy as it sounds, I will be looking forward to raise my children without having to shove religion down their throats like what happened to me. They will be glad they have their free choice to choose what to believe in, and well, I am glad to have admitted to myself that I do not need a religion to keep me on my feet. :3

If any of you are Malaysian, please PM me, I would love to know who you are. And if you'd like to suggest to me about how I can go about making this dramatic change (mind you, this means getting rid of the hijab, confessing to my family eventually and maybe changing habits) please also PM me, I would gladly appreciate any feedback :3
    Thanks for reading!

Salam,

a fellow Indonesian here. might not as malay as you think but we do share something in common and that includes Language, Religion, and Culture.
    so i think i can relate what you're going through right now.

even so, Indonesia aren't as fanatic and Islamic as Malaysia. But well, salafism is gaining their popularity so yeah, they might be gonna reshape the face of Islam in Indonesia sooner or later Cheesy

you can call me indo (without N, would be appreciated)
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #11 - April 13, 2015, 07:46 PM

Welcome Smiley
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #12 - April 14, 2015, 04:14 AM

Thank you all! Very much appreciate the welcomes ^_^

Welcome, here's another parrot Smiley  parrot

Also, your essay was quite modestly-lengthed for an intro essay around here. Mine was MUCH longer and less well-edited. Good job!  Afro

Thank you, I could've made mine more longer though Tongue I'll check yours out :3

*checks out*

Wow ;-; Yours is really incredible I must say, gah, so many things happened!! Hope it's all good for you now Smiley

Salam,

a fellow Indonesian here. might not as malay as you think but we do share something in common and that includes Language, Religion, and Culture.
    so i think i can relate what you're going through right now.

even so, Indonesia aren't as fanatic and Islamic as Malaysia. But well, salafism is gaining their popularity so yeah, they might be gonna reshape the face of Islam in Indonesia sooner or later Cheesy

you can call me indo (without N, would be appreciated)

Hi,
    Awesome Smiley Yeah I heard loads of people converting to Christianity from being Islamic in Indonesia Shocked i'm not sure if that's accepted  whole-heartedly, but in Malaysia it's supposed to be very controversial and difficult to convert out of Islam :( sup N! parrot

• Hey you guys
     Reply #13 - April 14, 2015, 07:53 AM

Hi,
    Awesome Smiley Yeah I heard loads of people converting to Christianity from being Islamic in Indonesia Shocked i'm not sure if that's accepted  whole-heartedly, but in Malaysia it's supposed to be very controversial and difficult to convert out of Islam :( sup N! parrot

loads of people?
    well there are many Muslims converting to Christianity as well as Christians converting to Islam and more 'kinda-open' people turned to Atheist like me. Switching religion is kinda common here and not quite a big issue but that depends on the family. Last time i checked my enternaintment news, there is a prominent Christian musician converting to Islam. Quite shocking tho lol because who would thought he could do so.

Christians family here are tend to be more open about switching religion while the Muslims Family are kinda no-no to switching religion. Luckily i was born to a multi-religion family so yeah being an atheist was quite smooth for me.
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #14 - April 14, 2015, 02:08 PM

Wowww that's so lucky of you  Roll Eyes
    Freedom of religion, thats what I like to see  parrot
    It's funny, because although it is stated that in the Malay law that we have 'freedom of religion', not many people who file for a conversion actually get it, and it takes a while... 

• Hey you guys
     Reply #15 - April 15, 2015, 12:19 PM

Wowww that's so lucky of you  Roll Eyes
    Freedom of religion, thats what I like to see  parrot
    It's funny, because although it is stated that in the Malay law that we have 'freedom of religion', not many people who file for a conversion actually get it, and it takes a while... 

well you know, Sunni Islam has their own definition of 'freedom of religion'. Same goes to Shia i think.
    so, have you considering another sect of Islam before left it? i was a Quranist >> Mutazila a.k.a freethinker >>> Agnostic Atheist (sometimes theist lol).
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #16 - April 16, 2015, 01:58 PM

A free thinker does sound pretty cool  Smiley I'm pretty conflicted at the moment about what I want to become actually but I think I'll just go from Muslim ---> Agnostic atheist XD

• Hey you guys
     Reply #17 - April 16, 2015, 02:03 PM

Welcome to the dark side. You'll receive your salary from the jews and be assigned your own personal jinn right after the contract comes through confirming you have indeed sold your soul and bathed in the blood of babes.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #18 - April 16, 2015, 02:12 PM

What?! Not the Jews! Anything but the Jews!  Cheesy Well, I'm glad to be a part of the darkside... Where they have cookies, right?

• Hey you guys
     Reply #19 - April 16, 2015, 02:26 PM

Cookies of pure darkness baked in the fires of hell.

• Hey you guys
     Reply #20 - April 16, 2015, 02:27 PM

Welcome to the forum Sachi. Have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #21 - April 16, 2015, 04:05 PM

Welcome to the dark side. You'll receive your salary from the jews and be assigned your own personal jinn right after the contract comes through confirming you have indeed sold your soul and bathed in the blood of babes.

And I needed to convert Muslims to gayism by lying about Quran and Hadith before I could get my checks from the Elders of Zion?  finmad

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #22 - April 16, 2015, 06:21 PM

Welcome to the forum!
  • Hey you guys
     Reply #23 - April 17, 2015, 11:16 AM

Cookies of pure darkness baked in the fires of hell.

:')

@asbie and ex-sunni
    Thanks for the welcomes! ^_^

• Hey you guys
     Reply #24 - April 18, 2015, 01:19 AM

Context on my comment about converting people to gayism: as a confirmed fag hag and an asexual, I made several youtube vids and blog posts about why I didn't think homosexuality should be considered something you should be punished for, since it has the same causes as a mental illness (some combination of genetics and prenatal environment). So I got accused of working for the Elders of Zion in an attempt to convert Muslims to homosexuality to reduce the Muslim population (if you're afraid listening to someone who says to accept yourself is going to make you gay, you're probably not straight). And of being obsessed with sex and not guarding my modesty: "why do you like talking soooooo much about things that involve sexuality? R there no other pleasures left to enjoy or you do not find yourself attracted towards issues like spirituality, Iman as opposed to hypocracy, or stubberness as opposed to leniency.... are you obsessed wid sexuality?"

• Hey you guys
     Reply #25 - April 18, 2015, 02:15 AM

Share?

• Hey you guys
     Reply #26 - April 18, 2015, 02:27 AM

So, I'll private message that blog/youtube to whoever wants it; but I don't want to link to it directly because too many of my irl friends know about it and I'm not out to them. (Mostly due to not wanting to deal with my husband knowing.)

• Hey you guys
     Reply #27 - April 18, 2015, 03:03 AM

Afro

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »