Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Flowers In Jahannam Are Blooming

(Read 4208 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Flowers In Jahannam Are Blooming
     OP - April 07, 2015, 02:00 AM

Ever wondered what Jahannam looks like? Turns out, it's pretty beautiful. There are no fires, but there are water fountains. There is no torture, there are flowers. There are no jinns or demons, there are children playing. Don't believe me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrN-JwjizcU

(Only the last few seconds are religious stuff, the rest is all a tour of Jahannam.)

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #1 - June 08, 2015, 09:33 AM

I have (finally) completed my little (two and a half page) paper on the history of hell and why you shouldn't be scared of it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VYCvXp7hEXYYb9OGrK1DV3sEdoZdPjYkWr06s8Ei_O8/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know what you think in comments here, I would like some feedback because I intended to turn this into a video with some pictures of Jahannam. (Speaking of that, if you know a good place to go to make/edit videos on a chromebook--which means either a chrome extension or online--please let me know that too.)

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #2 - June 08, 2015, 11:31 AM

Citations would be handy.
     Reply #3 - June 08, 2015, 12:38 PM

Really good video - thanks - I especially love the water fountain bit - made me laugh a lot Smiley
     Reply #4 - June 08, 2015, 12:39 PM

I have (finally) completed my little (two and a half page) paper on the history of hell and why you shouldn't be scared of it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VYCvXp7hEXYYb9OGrK1DV3sEdoZdPjYkWr06s8Ei_O8/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know what you think in comments here, I would like some feedback because I intended to turn this into a video with some pictures of Jahannam. (Speaking of that, if you know a good place to go to make/edit videos on a chromebook--which means either a chrome extension or online--please let me know that too.)

I'm planning to do a Khutbah on Hell this Friday and so will read this with interest (though not today) and will get back to you. Smiley
     Reply #5 - June 08, 2015, 12:41 PM

btw I use iMovie on my macbook to make movies so I'm afraid I can't help you with Chromebook, sorry.
     Reply #6 - June 08, 2015, 12:44 PM

I'm planning to do a Khutbah on Hell this Friday and so will read this with interest (though not today) and will get back to you. Smiley

popcorn
     Reply #7 - June 08, 2015, 06:44 PM

Citations would be handy.

Which citation format should I use? Adding citations for the text format wouldn't be too much of a problem, but my intention was always to record this as an audio file with a slideshow of pictures of Geh-Hinnom. So idk what kind of format to use.

Reply #8 - June 08, 2015, 10:18 PM

Just endnotes for anyone reading the transcript, really (assuming that you'll be releasing a transcript to match the video) - I don't think the finer points of MLA or Harvard styles are worth worrying about..
     Reply #9 - June 10, 2015, 06:41 PM

Thanks - read it and enjoyed it  Afro

Muslims will of course say that the actual place: Gehinnom - a burning rubbish dump outside Jerusalem was only used in a metaphorical way to symbolise the real Hell in the afterlife.

But yes, I think explaining the history behind the word will hopefully make many think more rationally about it.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »