Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 21, 2024, 01:56 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I am an ex muslim and I badly need help to survive!

(Read 18280 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • I am an ex muslim and I badly need help to survive!
     Reply #120 - June 22, 2015, 01:25 AM

Hi Jacktheexmuslim,

I am sorry if I am a bit blunt here. I see quite a bit of negativity here that you need to turn around. Firstly, just forget about what others say or think about you or they would think or say about you when you interacted with them or said something to them. If this is something that could be limiting your confidence, just start trying to ignore that thought proactively, like telling yourselves in your head. A significant percentage of young people can have social awkwardness and they learn and develop skills a little later. It depends on the environment one is brought up in, the opportunities one had, neighbourhood, schooling, family, etc all can affect but there can be some element of anxiety as a personality trait that one might as well have. I was a teenager and am a father of two as well. I can assure you that it will all get better but you have to have a positive attitude and build more confidence about you. There are help group websites where people with similar issues help each other as there are several things which work for them and they share it. It could be some simple dietary or herbal stuff or relaxation therapies or depending on what is availabke in the region that you live in, some additional one to one counselling/CBT etc.
    I have been completely cornered twice in my life, once around your age and once in my late forties, just recently. I went through a negative period for some time on bith occasions but then somehow went into what I call 'survival mode' where you see a different more positive, more hard working, more selfish ( if I am happy, financially string and healthy, I will be of some use for others hence selfishness is OK), and you will see that you will surprise yourself. Each one of us has enormous potential beyond what we achieve, it is only that we lack self belief.
    So I would suggest, set a date and time that is  NOW, that I did on both occasions and switch on your survival mode. There is one life and this is your life. And only you can turn it around. Be as positive in your thoughts and attitude. Forget about what others say or would say. Find or create opportunities, however small, and see what you can do about helping social awkwardness, though I believe it would fade away if you changed to a more positive thinking. I tell my kids as well that you do not need many friends, just one good friend is better than many friends who are not going to be there for you. One caring sibling, one caring parent or one caring person is enough in any tough time in one's life. Mostly, one has to fight his or her fights himself and we all eventually fight them. The things one needs are the positive attitude and self belief.
    Good luck and all the best in all areas of your life.

Great advice.  Thanks for posting.
     Reply #121 - June 24, 2015, 12:26 AM

Very much so, and I can definitely relate.  yes

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #122 - June 25, 2015, 01:47 PM

Reply #123 - June 25, 2015, 02:08 PM

Doing good jack. How about you?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #124 - June 25, 2015, 02:09 PM

Reply #125 - June 25, 2015, 02:36 PM

There's got to be times between azans that you are doing something that you like. So what do you get up to these days?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #126 - June 25, 2015, 02:40 PM

Reply #127 - June 25, 2015, 03:03 PM

Reply #128 - June 25, 2015, 03:06 PM

I live in the shariah state of Georgia, USA. Grin

Games and working out sounds good. Which games do you play?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #129 - June 25, 2015, 03:32 PM

Reply #130 - June 25, 2015, 03:36 PM

Hi Jack, not sure if any mods are around, but in the meantime you can edit your posts if you want to delete them by erasing your writing, I do it all the time..  not sure if the edit button is enabled so far back though..

Reply #131 - June 25, 2015, 03:41 PM

asbie do u know any mods here? can you ask mods to ban me and delete this post?

Jack,

Unfortunately, we do not delete a member's posts or shouts when they decide to leave the forum. Our policy on this is expressed in the forum rules.

Please make a thread here if you want to discuss this further or request a permanent or temporary self-ban: http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?board=44.0

• Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »