Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Women fight back

(Read 9482 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Women fight back
     OP - April 03, 2015, 05:35 AM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/my-stealthy-freedom-women-in-iran-step-up-hijab-campaign-by-filming-themselves-walking-in-public-with-their-heads-uncovered-10149226.html

many of these women are brave.
  • Women fight back
     Reply #1 - April 03, 2015, 07:58 PM

The interesting thing is that a lot of Iranians come across as quite secular. It's definitely an interesting article as far as showing the reactions of ordinary Iranians vs what the government promotes.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Women fight back
     Reply #2 - April 03, 2015, 08:29 PM

Related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AjuzuX6Tf0

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Women fight back
     Reply #3 - April 26, 2015, 12:04 AM

I wonder do u guys think middle east is really that bad for women? Worst than most countries?
  • Women fight back
     Reply #4 - April 26, 2015, 12:13 AM

well throw some  tubes in the folder... and link her face book  StealthyFreedom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb1ServMSAw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hToviMDfpU

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Women fight back
     Reply #5 - April 26, 2015, 12:48 AM

I wonder do u guys think middle east is really that bad for women? Worst than most countries?

I'm sure there are worse countries for women than in the Middle East. In Namibia 95% of women's first sexual encounter was forced. Other countries also have terrible attitudes towards women as well. Still that's not exactly much solace to think "We're not the worst", or whatever the reasoning would be in thinking along such lines.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Women fight back
     Reply #6 - April 26, 2015, 01:32 AM

I think it depends on what you mean by Middle East. You are covering a lot of cultures and countries with that geography. There are places that are ¨really that bad¨, all over the world. Look at the laws and if women are protected by those laws and then see if the laws are fairly applied. You had better go country by country. Or you could look at data provided by a women's international non profit organization.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Women fight back
     Reply #7 - April 26, 2015, 02:14 AM

Good point my bad. I  mean if you take Israel for example they are great. Turkey so-so. I wonder if the world is moving to slow for equality 
  • Women fight back
     Reply #8 - April 26, 2015, 09:33 AM

I agree with you Bunny guy. But there's no wonder change won't come quickly. We humans are stupidly stubborn.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
  • Women fight back
     Reply #9 - April 26, 2015, 01:40 PM

I'm sure there are worse countries for women than in the Middle East. In Namibia 95% of women's first sexual encounter was forced. ..............

Huh!.. what?? where did you get that thing dear asbie..

One of the largest country in Africa with very rich resources and has hardly 2 million people  sexually abuse women folks?    .. that is news to me..  On top of it it is somewhat  stable multi-party parliamentary democracy there...

Take any  one city from Iran to Indonesia .. they do more atrocities on women folk than that whole country Namibia.. give me the link asbie...........

The Namibian War of Independence, 1966-1989: Diplomatic, Economic and Military Campaigns

• Women fight back
     Reply #10 - April 26, 2015, 02:09 PM

Sourced from an Ethics textbook I used which I don't have on me right at the moment. A really, really startling number, for sure. Huge consequences too also for the spread of AIDS, which is why it was referenced. I'll get you the source later.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Women fight back
     Reply #11 - April 26, 2015, 02:16 PM

“Iranian state released a fake news story about me, saying that I had been raped in London by three men, in front of my teenage son, after I took my hijab off,” she said. The report even referenced Western outlets such as the BBC and claimed she was on “mind-altering drugs” at the time. It was completely untrue.

Is it common for Arab governments to go about abusing their power like this? Just so that they can spread a fake story to prove that not wearing a Hijab will cause rape or something, it's crazy...

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies.
  • Women fight back
     Reply #12 - April 26, 2015, 02:17 PM

Speaking of african women and equality, i was listening to this phD student on the radio a while back, he travelled and studied all cultures (must have taken like forever) anyways, he wanted to find the top countries in the world where women have the best equality, his conclusions were suprisingly Somalia and Switzerland or sweden cant remember which of the two.   I can understand a nordic country but somalia ?  Islamic country where fgm is widely practised and the forced hijab.. His argument was that fgm is a female practise so ruled it out. The west was lower ranking he said because of the over sexualization of the female body etc.   Just thinkin aloud, not that interesting...    prob failed his phD lol  
  • Women fight back
     Reply #13 - April 26, 2015, 02:40 PM

Is it common for Arab governments to go about abusing their power like this? Just so that they can spread a fake story to prove that not wearing a Hijab will cause rape or something, it's crazy...

The Iranian government is NOT Arab. Yes, abuses of power are quite common in both Persian and Arab religious dictatorships.

• Women fight back
     Reply #14 - April 26, 2015, 02:40 PM

What idiocy, as if the opressed never reproduce their own opression?! Cheesy

And over sexualization, is that ONLY done with the naked body and never with the constant control and supervision of the female body and sexuality. If he passed with that kind of research and failed analysis/methodology without getting burned, I have lost hope in the academic society

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Women fight back
     Reply #15 - April 26, 2015, 02:45 PM

Speaking of african women and equality, i was listening to this phD student on the radio a while back, he travelled and studied all cultures (must have taken like forever) anyways, he wanted to find the top countries in the world where women have the best equality, his conclusions were suprisingly Somalia and Switzerland or sweden cant remember which of the two.   I can understand a nordic country but somalia ?  Islamic country where fgm is widely practised and the forced hijab.. His argument was that fgm is a female practise so ruled it out. The west was lower ranking he said because of the over sexualization of the female body etc.   Just thinkin aloud, not that interesting...    prob failed his phD lol  

Where I live the Somali women speak in public, attend protests, and smile freely in public, even in the presence of men. Maybe he came to his conclusions from such observations. They had a freedom that I did not. I don't know if it is about madhab, or culture, or what.

• Women fight back
     Reply #16 - April 26, 2015, 03:03 PM

YEEEEEEE HAAAAA ......  when did that happened .. Thank you QSE..

well dr. dawkins doesn't know what is goign on around the globe..

http://iranpoliticsclub.net/library/persian-library/

http://iranpoliticsclub.net/authors/index.htm
    Sourced from an Ethics textbook I used which I don't have on me right at the moment. A really, really startling number, for sure. Huge consequences too also for the spread of AIDS, which is why it was referenced. I'll get you the source later.

asbie.. you are reading wrong sources.. wrong authors and most probably book was published in wrong year..

• Women fight back
     Reply #17 - April 26, 2015, 03:23 PM

^i had some somali friends when i was a muslim, they did their usual Islamic and womanly duties, full hijab, cook, clean, be mother etc, yet they were also very outspoken and mingled freely with the men and had an equal voice in group converstaion.  Suppose it all depends what you would consider equality, be it free mingling, having an equal voice etc, yes, hijab, body mutilation, definately a no.

Hey, yes Cornflower, i think he probs failed too lol  Smiley  

• Women fight back
     Reply #18 - April 26, 2015, 06:05 PM

While I do agree that Somali culture is paradoxical, so that a woman whose gone through fgm can very likely hold minister post,presidency or any other office, I think as converts you ended up in a bad crowd.Or you just took the Islamic religious scriptures too seriously.
  • Women fight back
     Reply #19 - April 26, 2015, 10:53 PM

Irwin, Millen, Fallows, Global AIDS, 21-22.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Women fight back
     Reply #20 - April 26, 2015, 11:03 PM

Does this include harrasment?
  • Women fight back
     Reply #21 - April 26, 2015, 11:06 PM

I don't know how "sexual encounter" was defined.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Women fight back
     Reply #22 - April 26, 2015, 11:47 PM

Thats one explanation, as harrasment tend to be very high, maybe as high as 90% in certain countries(50-90% in western countries)
  • Women fight back
     Reply #23 - April 27, 2015, 11:51 AM

YEEEEEEE HAAAAA ......  when did that happened .. Thank you QSE..

You're welcome. Smiley

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »