Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: addiction

(Read 4942 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • addiction
     OP - March 31, 2015, 06:55 AM

I hope someone can give me advice with my problem. My daughter is addicted to heroin and I want to help her recover but I'm not sure what step should I take. She tried quitting on her own but the result is she only get back from using again. I can't help but worried about her and I don't want her to continue living in misery. All I have now is some information about drug rehabilitation services I managed to look on the net, are there any other ways I can help her?
  • addiction
     Reply #1 - March 31, 2015, 07:46 AM

hello Crunch16 ..  i am sorry to know that...my suggestion is  "UNCONDITIONAL LOVE"  coupled to addressing trigger points and reasons for an addiction along with carefully reading these links may help you  and your daughter..

but question to you dear Crunch16 why did you choose this forum to air your  daughter's drug addiction problem.?  Is there any specific reason for that  ... Such as leaving Islam/religion and heroine addiction behavior of your daughter?  

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• addiction
     Reply #2 - March 31, 2015, 07:48 AM

With a drug like that, there are two components necessary: a medical component, and a psychological component. Coming off the drug, the physical withdraws and such, should absolutely be done under medical supervision. It's a difficult and painful process. Additionally, even after the drugs are out of your system, if the problems that made you turn to drugs persist, then you'll probably relapse. So you need to work through those problems with someone objective, someone who has been trained in how not to get their feelings involved in your problems. This will probably mean a team of psychiatrists, therapists, and other mental health professionals. She has to be willing to face her problems. Otherwise she won't recover, she'll just go off them for a while and go right back to using. You could force her into recovery, call the police and have them put her in a program; but this probably won't help her in the long term, she'll probably just resent you for it.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • addiction
     Reply #3 - March 31, 2015, 11:08 AM

I hope someone can give me advice with my problem. My daughter is addicted to heroin and I want to help her recover but I'm not sure what step should I take. She tried quitting on her own but the result is she only get back from using again. I can't help but worried about her and I don't want her to continue living in misery. All I have now is some information about drug rehabilitation services I managed to look on the net, are there any other ways I can help her?

Are there support groups for drug users where you live? Seeing other people have quit, and having their support, is invaluable.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • addiction
     Reply #4 - March 31, 2015, 12:36 PM

I don't know any advice, weaning off a hard drug addiction surely requires some extra effort.. all i can say is never give up on doing the very best you can for her, be loving and supportive when guiding her through her healing process.  Just be there for her and make sure you both seek professional help..

I wish you both well x
  • addiction
     Reply #5 - March 31, 2015, 05:43 PM

Does she want help? That's first thing to try and establish. It's hard to offer advice without a bit of background. How long has she had a habit? How much does she use?

Ha Ha.
  • addiction
     Reply #6 - March 31, 2015, 07:04 PM

All I have now is some information about drug rehabilitation services

I'm not trusted with that link...  Cry
    Forbidden - Visitors from your country are not permitted to browse this site.

are there any other ways I can help her?

1. You need to join a family support group so you can get feedback from people in the same situation.
    2.This depends upon if it's possible in your country(where on the planet are you?) Look into Ibogaine. It's controversial but I haven't seen any other treatment out there that really works. I've met two persons who has taken a treatment, one of them had done heroine for twenty years, and they both got helped.
    The ex heroinist above started an organisation and a forum (i don't think it's that active today) to promote the treatment and they have information in English, link provided here
    I've met more addicts than those two but most people haven't heard about Ibogaine and I don't think there are any bigger studies about it. The treatment isn't free of risk.

I found this documentary but I haven't watched all of it yet. The clinic shown in there is one in Mexico. Ibogaine is still not approved in USA so people cross the border for help.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FQtPD4r65Q

Links to treatment sites.

I'm not into alternative treatments generally and I hate 'goddamn hippies' but if I, or anyone near me, had a problem with addiction this is where I'd start looking.
  • addiction
     Reply #7 - March 31, 2015, 07:19 PM

She'll never get off it unless she actually wants to, and it's a hard process. It isn't easy and can take years. And your daughter will go through hell. I'm really sorry, this is something that's going to be incredibly painful and very long.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • addiction
     Reply #8 - March 31, 2015, 07:37 PM

Well, it depends how bad she is, and for how long, but yep, there should be no false illusions it's easy. Mind you, she/he hasn't rushed back to read the replies....and it is a bit odd posting it here on CEMB. Huh?

Ha Ha.
  • addiction
     Reply #9 - April 01, 2015, 01:28 AM

It could be a case of posting where you are comfortable. We should be honored that we were trusted enough to be asked for advice on such a serious matter. I hope there is a social service agency where they are. You need so much support in such situations.

• addiction
     Reply #10 - April 01, 2015, 07:00 AM

Thank you for your very helpful replies. It's like a family here so I decided to post here though it doesnt really involved anything with religion. I just needed some place to voice out my problems and asked for advice because I really don't know what should I do. Reading all of them gives me a comfort and idea. My daughter acknowledge to quit but I can see that she's having a hard time doing it on her own. Support groups, I almost forgot about them. I will look upon the suggestions you gave me. This week, we will visit a professional care a friend of mine suggested to me. Please pray for my daughter.
  • addiction
     Reply #11 - April 01, 2015, 07:07 AM

Thank you for your very helpful replies. It's like a family here so I decided to post here though it doesnt really involved anything with religion. I just needed some place to voice out my problems and asked for advice because I really don't know what should I do. Reading all of them gives me a comfort and idea. My daughter acknowledge to quit but I can see that she's having a hard time doing it on her own. Support groups, I almost forgot about them. I will look upon the suggestions you gave me. This week, we will visit a professional care a friend of mine suggested to me. Please pray for my daughter.

Just fyi, most psych programs won't work with you if you know someone else who is currently in the program too well. It has to do with both confidentiality (they don't want you spreading personal information about the other person with other patients) and with the people who know each other possibly working together to bring in contraband. At least that's the way it is in America, where I got my degree in a psych-related field. But with drug treatment (not my specialized area) that might go either way--either they might want you to be around people who you know to help you in recovery, or they may want you to not be around other people you know if they believe those people may have been a bad influence on you (or if they're not sure, in which case not putting you together will help them figure it out).

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • addiction
     Reply #12 - April 01, 2015, 01:17 PM

My daughter acknowledge to quit but I can see that she's having a hard time doing it on her own. Support groups, I almost forgot about them. I will look upon the suggestions you gave me. This week, we will visit a professional care a friend of mine suggested to me. Please pray for my daughter.

Acknowledging you have a problem is a start, but has she actually done anything herself to help? All she has to do is get reffered to a drug treatment programme, they will put her on a substitute, which should remove a lot of the cravings, and with counselling, and NA meetings, she will be on the road to recovery, with others in the same position to support each other. It hasn't got o be complicated. Whatever you do, don't rely on prayers!

Ha Ha.
  • addiction
     Reply #13 - April 01, 2015, 03:54 PM

There are heroin substitutes that a doctor may prescribe for her. It'll help with any physical withdrawals (depending how heavy a user she is/was and for how long) but the end goal is to get her off it for good, so there will be times the dosage is lowered, which will be an incredibly hard and trying time. If your daughter doesn't want people to know what the situation is, during these times it may be best to simply tell people she has the flu or something. The best thing you can do is talk to a doctor, and talk to your daughter. Let her know she has your support and that no matter how rough it gets she won't have to go through it alone.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • addiction
     Reply #14 - April 02, 2015, 01:48 AM

I am so glad that you have a place to go. Resources are fantastic.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »