Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Quran - Muhammad's fallible memory

(Read 3703 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Quran - Muhammad's fallible memory
     OP - March 25, 2015, 02:28 PM

I've used some falsification criteria defined within the Quran itself to falsify the Quran.  I am not sure what I am going to do with this yet, but please do let me have any feedback/criticism/counter arguments.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/259937311/The-Quran-Muhammad-s-fallible-memory

Although this is a public forum, please don't post it elsewhere until I've finished this review process.

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #1 - March 25, 2015, 05:12 PM

It looks very detailed rationalizer.
     Reply #2 - March 25, 2015, 07:00 PM

Tabari records the opinion of Ibn Zayd, that such disrepancies are due to Allah wanting to test people.

"Among the mutashabih (things which resemble one another) verses are those which tell the story of Moses in many places of the Qur'an, and those, like them, which employ different words to express similar meanings. Some examples of these are: 'Let into it' and 'Carry in it [the Ark]', (Q. 23:27 and 11:40); 'Slip in your hand' and 'Enter your hand [O Moses into your bosom]', (Q. 28:32 and 27:12); and 'He [Moses] cast down his staff and, behold, it became a snake slithering'  and 'He cast it down and behold, it became an unmistakable serpent', (Q. 20:20 and 7:107). Ibn Zayd then comments, 'All this is in order to show God's judgment between the prophets and their peoples.' Ibn Zayd goes on, 'Anyone whom God wishes to test and cause to fall into error would say, "Why is this not like that, and why is that like this!"' (Tabari, VI, pp. 177-179)" (Mahmoud M. Ayoub, The Qur'an and Its Interpreters, Vol. II - The House of Imran [State University of New York Press, Albany; 1992], p. 23;)
    http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/versions.htm

"we stand firm calling to allah all the time,
    we let them know - bang! bang! - coz it's dawah time!"
     Reply #3 - March 25, 2015, 08:02 PM

Good work!

@kephas: yes, when you can't explain it, just say it's a test. That's what teacher's do sometimes as well: "you have done a mistake on the board" - "Oh thanks it was just a test if you will notice it".
     Reply #4 - March 25, 2015, 10:37 PM

I really don't think that answer refutes my argument in the slightest, but thanks for posting it Smiley

Reply #5 - March 26, 2015, 09:31 AM

I would have a small abstract to bring in the punters, and maybe some spelling mistakes, as a test.

Reply #6 - March 26, 2015, 11:37 AM

Tabari records the opinion of Ibn Zayd, that such disrepancies are due to Allah wanting to test people.

This is an ad hoc defense. The Quran claims we will find no errors, contradictions of/within verses are errors. Tabari contradicts the Quran by putting forward this defense
     Reply #7 - March 26, 2015, 01:18 PM

Not to mention it's one of the worst defenses imaginable.  Something has gone seriously haywire when your defense is that God put lots of contradictions into his holy book in order to cause people to ask about them and thereby fall into error.

It's an admission of guilt, which is papered over by threatening hellfire for thinking critically.
     Reply #8 - March 27, 2015, 03:22 PM

Are we looking at objective proof here that the Quran fails the criteria it sets forward to judge it by?

Reply #9 - March 27, 2015, 03:31 PM

Sorry mate not had time to look at it. I'm away for the week.
     Reply #10 - March 27, 2015, 03:32 PM

Are we looking at objective proof here that the Quran fails the criteria it sets forward to judge it by?

hello  TheRationalizer.,   In your view what criteria did Quran set  itself?  without knowing that criteria it is  hard to argue whether it failed in its own criteria or not.   On top of it smart Islamic intellectuals  can argue with you  with that CIRCULAR LOGIC..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #11 - March 27, 2015, 03:43 PM

I think so. Also we have a notable scholar which acknowledges the errors.
     Reply #12 - March 27, 2015, 09:41 PM

I wonder what the lowest-hanging defense would be :

a. God chooses to disclose minor details at different points , based on the context and flow of the narrative
    b. God isn't obligated to be meticulous Smiley Sometimes he is, sometimes he isn't, can't force our expectations on him Smiley
    c. Show me where God has said "and I quote.." Smiley
     Reply #13 - March 27, 2015, 10:41 PM

Context does not provide any rescue for Moses' white hands. Either his hands were placed on his side or breast. It can not be both as this is a straightforward contradict. So A and C are moot. B is just an excuse without merit and contradicts the statement of an error free Quran

http://corpus.quran.com/wordmorphology.jsp?location=%2820:22:4%29
    http://corpus.quran.com/wordmorphology.jsp?location=%2827:12:4%29
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »