Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Armenian genocide a hundred years on

(Read 36997 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Armenian genocide a hundred years on
     Reply #30 - April 21, 2015, 03:27 PM

I've been reading up more on this issue in the past few months, and perversely, the majority of the dozen or so Western academics who deny "genocide" appear to be Jewish men (and only men), including Bernard Lewis. I'm not sure if it's out of some desire to maintain the uniqueness of the Holocaust, or to try to somehow aid Israel by defending Turkey, but for Jewish academics to denigrate a people that have suffered as much persecution as the Armenians just to defend an unreliable Muslim ally to Israel seems especially cruel and senseless.

Well Israel doesn't recognise the genocide so I guess that's at least part of the reason. See this article from last year by a former Haaretz journalist:

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/04/israel-armenian-genocide-turky-prime-minister-erdogan-moral.html#

Also

http://armeniangenocide100.org/en/haaretz-symbolism-of-jews-recognizing-armenian-genocide-is-inescapable/
    For decades the Armenians have tried to receive recognition of the genocide from Israel and Jewish communities. The symbolism of the Jews recognizing the Armenian national tragedy is of course inescapable.

Israel, however, has resolutely refused the small but growing group of countries that have officially recognized the Armenian genocide. For years this was out of consideration for the national pride of strategic ally Turkey.

But in recent years, as ties with Erdogan’s government have steadily deteriorated and with Turkey’s standing as a NATO member and reliable ally of the West plummeting, Israel’s policy remains unchanged, even as other countries have formally recognized the genocide. Jerusalem has a new friend in Baku; Azerbaijan is the supplier of most of Israel’s oil, a buyer of Israeli weapons and an ally in the anti-Iranian coalition.

It’s ironic that is the current Israeli position, as Jews were once so instrumental in recording the Armenian genocide. It was the U.S. ambassador to the Ottoman Empire, Henry Morgenthau, who in 1915, disgusted by the reports he was receiving from his consuls, first brought the killings to the world’s attention. It was the lawyer and Holocaust refugee Raphael Lemkin who actually coined the term “genocide,” applying it first to the Armenian tragedy. But Israel’s immediate geopolitical needs trump the recognition of history.

Visiting Armenia as an Israeli (the comments are worth reading as well)

http://972mag.com/separated-at-birth-visiting-armenia-as-an-israeli/38104/
     Reply #31 - April 21, 2015, 03:46 PM

I've been reading up more on this issue in the past few months, and perversely, the majority of the dozen or so Western academics who deny "genocide" appear to be Jewish men (and only men),......

well some those juicy jews have that Swedish syndrome.. what is that called Self generated  Stockholm syndrome?  Similar stuff is there in the minds of some Muslim folks..  "The Self Victimized Victim Syndrome"

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #32 - April 21, 2015, 07:20 PM

Remembering the Armenian genocide

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/remembering-the-armenian-genocide

Ankara's trigger button: Armenian 'genocide'

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2015/04/ankara-trigger-button-armenian-genocide-150421065130057.html
     Reply #33 - April 21, 2015, 07:44 PM

Ara Alexander Iskanderian reviews Deep Mountain: Across the Turkish-Armenian Divide by Ece Temelkuran

http://aralexanderian.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/book-review-deep-mountain-across.html
    In his travel account of 1930s Soviet Armenia, the Russian-Jewish poet Osip Mandelstam wrote; “I have cultivated in myself a sixth sense, an ‘Ararat’ sense: the sense of attraction to a mountain.” Mandelstam’s observation based on the Armenians’ heavily romanticised longing for Mount Ararat might just be an aspect of the Armenian mentality rather than merely a colourful remark.

The mountain upon which Noah’s Ark came to rest now lies on the Turkish side of the border and looms ominpresently over Armenia’s capital Yerevan, a daily reminder to Armenians of loss and historic trauma. It’s customary for Diaspora Armenians to prominently display a picture of the mountain in their homes, a symbol of exile and the lost Armenia of Anatolia. Ararat is a sort of Armenian Zion.

A gradually growing ‘Ararat Sense’ develops throughout the pages of Turkish journalist Ece Temelkuran’s new book Deep Mountain: Across the Turkish-Armenian Divide; Ararat anchors every chapter in Temelkuran’s quest to seek out and encounter the fabled Armenian Diaspora, ultimately infecting her as well. For most Turks Ağrı Dağ - to give Ararat its Turkish name - is merely Turkey’s highest point. However, for Armenians it’s a far more emotive landmark.

In conversation with the late Silva Gabudikian, the grand dame of Armenian poetry, Temelkuran is informed of the conundrum Ararat poses to Turkish-Armenian dialogue: “Young lady,” says Gabudikian, “Ararat is a matter of height for you but for us, it’s a matter of depth!” Hence a book gains its title, and Ararat a synonym: ‘Deep Mountain’. A metaphor for insurmountability or a shared romanticism, Temelkuran leaves the reader to apply their own Ararat sense whilst offering her own suggestion.

Truly deep run Ararat’s roots within the Armenian psyche. During one interview the Istanbul-born Armenian avant-garde musician Arto Tunçboyajyan states; “There’s only one people in the world who feel like they belong to a mountain: the Armenians.” Mention of the mountain recurs throughout the encounters described in Deep Mountain, perhaps convincing Temelkuran of her choice of title but certainly leading her to conclude rather poignantly “It’s your Ararat and our Ağrı. Your loss and our pain.”

Herein this statement coming close to the end lies something telling about the book. Temelkuran’s audience, though not intended to be exclusively Armenian, undoubtedly has Armenians in mind during its final pages. The author seems to be speaking directly to an Armenian readership, concluding in her epilogue with a warm invitation for a glass of raki – which she refuses to italicise for reasons apparent in the book – and over that glass, perhaps Armenians and Turks could reconcile? Utopian, the book will definitely be accused of, but it remains laudably trailblazing.

This is a book part travelogue, part encounter, part memoir and part history and yet overarchingly heartfelt. Ece Temelkuran sets herself a difficult task; not content with the official image of the Armenian bogeyman and the ‘other’ of the Turkish media, she takes it upon herself to seek out Armenians for herself. Her goal, to confront the popular image peddled in Turkey of a belligerent and vengeful Armenian Diaspora and an impoverished suffering Armenia on account of the former’s demands for recognition of the Armenian Genocide. In her odyssey she travels to Armenia, and to centres of the Armenian Diaspora: Paris, Boston and New York, helpfully encouraged by the late Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink. Here one could be critical, absent on the list of Diaspora centres are other important sites; Beirut, Aleppo and Moscow could have been added, and I for one would have loved to have chatted in London.

There are some painful confrontations in this book too; Armenians who refuse to talk to a Turk, an elderly bookselling couple whose faces’ colour drains at the prospect of a Turk in their midst. The image of the terrible Turk that many Armenians harbour is as much an issue to overcome and Temelkuran is refreshingly non-judgmental in this disregard, in fact she’s rather empathic and understanding and rarely prone to frustration. By the conclusion of her sojourns Temelkuran’s got the measure of the Armenians. “Armenians are designed for survival,” she says and her listeners are overjoyed at the summation.

That Armenians are. When Gabudikian rather unpoetically and equally undiplomatically lists and quantifies Armenia’s most recent woes – the 1988 earthquake (50,000 dead), the Karabagh War (30,000 dead), Turkey’s blockade (nearly a million émigrés) – Temelkuran silently sits hearing the litany, quietly accepting the accusation from Gabudikian that attempting to decipher a people having gone through all that is almost impossible. Indeed, much later in the book Temelkuran grinds her own axe, angrily stating how offensive she finds the touristic image of the Turk as an apple-tea-drinking, moustachioed kilim-seller. Implicit is that stereotypes need to be overcome and her narrative quest is underwritten by an attempt at this.

When Temelkuran is at Tsitsernakaberd (‘fortress of swallows’), the museum and monument dedicated to the Armenian Genocide and there confronted by the images of the genocide’s victims, she admits to feeling a sense of detachment; it’s honest, albeit an admittedly disappointing reaction. Yet, in her honesty Temelkuran also suggests that the intense stare of a museum assistant, desperate to discern an emotional reaction, prevents a genuine reaction. Is this a symptom of the titular Turkish-Armenian divide - resentment at being forced?

Later on, following the murder of Hrant Dink on an Istanbul sidewalk, Temelkuran weeps and with her 100,000 others for a very dear Armenian. Overnight Hrant Dink became a martyr, sometimes for the wrong reasons. Dink’s death, and Temelkuran’s account, reveals the depth of a very personal, very human, very real relationship – Dink in life and death was seemingly the catalyst for the book’s beginning and completion – and underlines the unfortunate truism latent in Stalin’s aphorism that a million deaths remains a statistic whilst an individual’s death is a tragedy. Dink is for Temelkuran an inspiration and in his death she sees perhaps a glimmer of the Armenian pain, which she has earlier diagnosed in the Diaspora but not understood wholly or empathically, until Dink’s murder. A painful frustration of voices prematurely silenced, patriarchs killed and opportunities lost.

There are cringe-worthy moments the book. When Ece and Yurttaş, her photographer, are asked to leave a bar in central Yerevan unless they accept the Armenian Genocide, I found myself wanting to say; ‘we’re not all like that’. In Boston the pair attend an Armenian scouting event where there’s much foot-stomping and chest-beating. It’s April 24th, the day Armenians globally commemorate the Armenian Genocide and the evening’s proceedings to which Temelkuran’s privy culminate with a brief documentary on the genocide. Images of genocide are interspersed with the Turkish perpetrators. Temelkuran’s description of the commemorative event, similar to ones I participated in as a child, rather alarmingly reminded me of the ‘two minutes hate’ sessions of George Orwell’s 1984.

Yet in this landscape of human encounters there are really touching moments. When a group of war veterans excitedly tell their tales to Temelkuran on May Day in Yerevan in Azeri Turkish, she listens attentively like a good granddaughter whilst they lap up her attention. In America when wealthy, well-to-do Armenians suddenly break into dormant, peasant dialects of Turkish you can almost read the grin on Temelkuran’s face at the sound of half-dead Anatolianisms. The secret language of cuisine, folk songs and common expressions regularly brings a smile, just as Yurttaş’s altercations with a constantly ‘recalculating’ GPS and overly patriotic French waiters are eerily familiar and human. Most poignant of all are Temelkuran’s encounters with Armenian women where some secret language of sisterhood and maternity inflects the dialogue and really encourages openness. As a male reader I felt I was missing out on something when descriptively knowing looks pass between Temelkuran and people she considers her Anatolian sisters.

This is not a political book and will certainly displease many demagogues irrespective of their ethnicity or nationality. In its pages are no judgements of right and wrong. Temelkuran asks some questions, talks rather romantically in parts but largely leaves the people she meets to do the talking. This is ultimately a humanistic exploration of trauma. History is nodded at but not wholly explained, thus Temelkuran’s own personal view on the Armenian Genocide is never assertively stated but that’s somewhat forgivable; this is a book about encountering people and their memories, not entering the fray of a very emotive issue. Having said that, not making an explicitly clear stance will draw criticism from some who see the whole topic as politicised. I’m also not convinced of what purpose it serves to draw links between the politically motivated killings of left-wing Turks in the 1970s and the Armenian Genocide. To paraphrase Plato, one cannot compare two people’s suffering. Similarly, her search for a common Anatolia culture is a bridge waiting to be crossed and Temelkuran seemingly relishes these commonalities but how much there is a willing community to join her in charting this possible common ground is up to writers who come in this book’s wake.

The bravery with which Temelkuran proceeded to challenge stereotypes and the un-diminishing courage when faced with sometimes bellicose interviewees is commendable, especially when one considers the flak she has attracted in Turkey for having written the newspaper columns out of which this book evolved. Personally I was moved by her rather simple strategy for reconciliation with which she concludes. Dismissively utopian for some, nevertheless Temelkuran suggests “the fantastic notion that this problem could be resolved if every Turk listened to every Armenian – just listened.” What might ‘they’ hear? Perhaps nothing more than the love of a mountain, that infectious Ararat sense. It’s a start though.

Reply #34 - April 22, 2015, 10:44 AM

I think I've actually come across the Dutch Turkish guy alluded to by a previous poster citing the same ten or so spurious genocide denying conservative Jewish male academics on al-monitor comments.

I believe the U.S. Council of Muslim Organizations also urged that the "g-word" not be used, "both sides did equally bad things" etc.

The timidity of US Presidents who won't speak what they know to be true, and the spectacle of a few Jewish academics making a career out of genocide denial just to appease Ankara, is almost as appalling as the Turkish denial itself.
     Reply #35 - April 22, 2015, 02:25 PM

The moral hypocrisy of American Muslims for Palestine on the Armenian Genocide

https://mondoweiss.net/2015/04/hypocrisy-american-palestine
     Reply #36 - April 22, 2015, 04:04 PM

Suzanne Khardalians - Grandma's Tattoos
    Documentary on the Armenian genocide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwj4e_f_1DI

Tragic & moving personal story - thanks for posting.
     Reply #37 - April 22, 2015, 04:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4abD-CQX6as

European Court Armenian Genocide Amal Clooney  

where is that American guy George Clooney?  So is Amal Clooney, who is she?  is she a Muslim? bad muslim....trying to do propaganda for Armenia and  Armenian folks ...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #38 - April 22, 2015, 04:52 PM

Armenian hopes crushed as Obama decides not to use the word 'genocide'

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-obama-armenian-genocide-20150421-story.html
     Reply #39 - April 23, 2015, 12:02 PM

Amal Clooney is Druze.
     Reply #40 - April 23, 2015, 12:22 PM

From the Ottoman History Podcasts

After the genocide: Armenians during the Armistice period

http://www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/2014/06/armenian-widows-orphans-istanbul.html
    The World War I period irrevocably changed the life of Ottoman Armenians and ultimately heralded the end of Christian communities throughout most of Anatolia. However, following the Ottoman defeat in the war, the brief Armistice period witnessed efforts by Armenians in Istanbul to reconstitute their community in the capital. In this episode, Lerna Ekmekçioğlu explores these efforts and in particular activities to locate and gather Armenian orphans and widows dislocated by war and genocide.

Armenian migration during the late Ottoman period

http://www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/2015/04/ottoman-armenian-migration-united-states.html
    For more than a century, waves of Armenian migrants have come to the United States variously seeking economic opportunity or fleeing political violence and persecution. In this episode, Susanna Ferguson sits down with David Gutman to discuss his research on the origins of Armenian migration to the United States and elsewhere during the late Ottoman period, and they explore how shifts in migration patterns reflected the broader political shifts in the empire during its last decades.

Reply #41 - April 23, 2015, 07:58 PM

How genocide shaped the Armenia of today

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/22/turkish-silence-fans-century-of-armenian-grief-over-genocide
     Reply #42 - April 23, 2015, 11:15 PM

Taner Akçam - From Empire to Republic: Turkish Nationalism and the Armenian Genocide

http://www.academia.edu/3560003/Taner_Akcam_-_From_Empire_to_Republic_Turkish_Nationalism_and_the_Armenian_Genocide

Arlene Avakian - A Different Future? Armenian Identity Through the Prism of Trauma, Nationalism, and Gender

http://www.academia.edu/2896999/A_Different_Future_Armenian_Identity_Through_the_Prism_of_Trauma_Nationalism_and_Gender
     Reply #43 - April 23, 2015, 11:27 PM

Amal Clooney is Druze.

Her father is from Druze family and her mother from a Sunni family.

But I din't know she identified as either.
     Reply #44 - April 23, 2015, 11:39 PM

Ronald Grigor Suny - "They Can Live in the Desert but Nowhere Else": A History of the Armenian Genocide

http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10426.html

This looks like it might be one of the better books on the subject. Here's the introduction:

http://press.princeton.edu/chapters/i10426.pdf

An article by Ronald Grigor Suny - The Cost of Turkey's Genocide Denial

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/opinion/the-cost-of-turkeys-genocide-denial.html
     Reply #45 - April 24, 2015, 09:53 AM

Rakel Dink - A Century of Genocide

http://www.agos.com.tr/en/article/11381/rakel-dink-a-century-of-genocide
    Rakel Dink, in the article titled ‘A Century of Genocide’ she wrote for the April 24, 2015, issue of Cumhuriyet newspaper, relates what befell her family and relatives in 1915, how she met Hrant Dink, and the struggles they put up together....

Cumhuriyet and Özgür Gündem published with Armenian headlines on April 24

http://www.agos.com.tr/en/article/11382/cumhuriyet-and-ozgur-gundem-published-with-armenian-headlines-on-april-24
    Cumhuriyet chose Այլեւս երբէք (Never Again) as its headline, while Özgür Gündem featured the words Տես, իմացիր, առերեսուիր (See, Hear, Confront).

In its headline on April 24, 2015, the 100th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide, Cumhuriyet featured the words “Never Again” in Armenian, preceded by a heading stating, ‘We mourn the shared pain of these lands suffered 100 years ago’. The piece went on to state “The pain of the disaster that took place during the time of the Ottoman Empire remains fresh. It is time to confront this wound which paralyzes the mind, the conscience, and the sense of right and justice; so it happens never again!”.

Özgür Gündem, on the other hand, also commemorated the Assyrian Genocide, Seyfo, stating, “In the planned genocide carried out by the state in 1915, 1,5 million Armenians and 500 thousand Assyrians were deported and massacred. The wound remains open… The AKP government claims the genocide as its own by denying it, while peoples say, ‘recognize, confront and apologize'."

Reply #46 - April 24, 2015, 12:10 PM

Steve Jobs took the Armenian Genocide Personally
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/23/apple-s-armenian-genocide-problem.html

I'd always known that Steve Jobs was half Arab via his (non-observant) Syrian Muslim biological father (making him technically a murtad), but I never knew his adoptive mother was Armenian.

Jobs’s feelings about the killings became apparent on a tense standoff during a luxurious Turkish vacation, according to the tour guide who led the visit, and who later blogged about the incident.

In 2007, Jobs and his family traveled around Turkey on a private yacht tour and spent 10 days visiting the country’s sites with guide Asil Tuncer. It went smoothly until the last day, Tuncer told The Daily Beast, when the group visited the Hagia Sophia. Once a Byzantine church, it was later converted into a mosque during the Ottoman Empire, and is now one of Istanbul’s must-see tourist destinations.

“What happened to all those Christians, suddenly gone like that?” Tuncer recalls Jobs asking him as they gazed at the minarets. Then, he reframed the question: “You, Muslims, what did you do to so many Christians? You subjected 1.5 million Armenians to genocide. Tell us, how did it happen?”

Tuncer says he felt trapped, unsure whether to answer with his opinion or evade an argument in the polite manner he was trained to use as a guide.

“To expect from a Turkish guide to accept that [question], even if true, it’s not very good. For example, it’s like if I come to U.S. and ask, ‘Tell me how, you killed the Indians?’” But he says Jobs insisted he respond.

“First I said, ‘Sir, maybe these are not good things to talk on Istanbul tour. Let’s have fun—this is your real purpose, to learn about the buildings and history.’ He said, ‘No, no, no, I want to hear your answer.’”

“I said, ‘People kill each other, of course, this is a war, but it is not deliberately genocide,’” he says he told Jobs. “Then I tried to be nice. So I did my best.”
     Reply #47 - April 24, 2015, 12:32 PM

US Muslim groups under fire for statement on Armenia killings
    http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/201504210041-0024703

This is surely one of the more boneheaded moves that the American Muslim lobbies have made. Standing on the side of Armenian genocide denial is going to alienate all the liberal Americans that would normally be open to their claims of discrimination, not to mention that being an apologist for the deportation and extermination of the Armenians from their native land is inconsistent with the attempt to have the grievances of Palestinians recognized.

Amazingly, this also puts them in the same company as right-wing Israelis who actively deny and denigrate the Armenian genocide. Not to mention that Edward Said himself flatly recognized the reality of the Armenian genocide.

It really would have been better for CAIR et al to just keep their mouths shut, and not associated Muslim Americans, instead of just Turks, with new suspicions beyond just support for terrorism. Now people can say "look at what happened to the Armenians."   
     Reply #48 - April 24, 2015, 02:01 PM

#ErmenilerdenÖzürDiliyorum (#iapologizetoarmenians) trending in Turkey

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/ErmenilerdenÖzürDiliyorum?src=hash
     Reply #49 - April 24, 2015, 02:47 PM

Grandchildren and great grandchildren of those targeted in the massacres recount their ancestors’ stories and reflect on how the genocide in 1915 shaped their family history and culture.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2015/apr/24/armenian-genocide-centenary-descendants-family-stories
     Reply #50 - April 24, 2015, 02:53 PM

The more I read about the Armenian genocide the more shocked I am that I knew so little about it.
     Reply #51 - April 24, 2015, 03:20 PM

If the Second World War had ended with some kind of peace agreement rather than outright defeat for the Nazis, and there had been no Nuremberg trials, then you could imagine a similar situation - a German government denying the holocaust while the more liberal and left wing Germans accepted it, with western governments avoiding the words holocaust or genocide to avoid getting on the wrong side of an important ally.

I've noticed today that the BBC seems to be carefully avoiding stating that the genocide was in fact a genocide. The BBC's version of 'objective journalism' - finding a middle way between the truth and holocaust denial.
     Reply #52 - April 24, 2015, 03:25 PM

Serj Tankian's '100 years' commemoration video
    http://globalvoicesonline.org/2015/04/24/watch-serj-tankians-100-years-commemoration-video-for-the-armenian-genocide-centennial/
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ijutthiyD2U&t=160
     Reply #53 - April 24, 2015, 04:02 PM

German president labels Armenian killings as genocide

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/2/9/128501/World/International/German-president-labels-Armenian-killings-as-genoc.aspx

Gauck, speaking at a nondenominational memorial service in Berlin, said it is important "to recognize, lament and mourn the planned destruction of a people in its whole terrible reality."

"In remembering, we are not putting anyone alive today in the dock," he said. "But what the victims' descendants can rightly expect is the recognition of historical facts and also historical guilt."

Gauck noted that Germany, which a century ago didn't want to endanger relations with its Ottoman ally, also must consider what responsibility it shares.

German soldiers were involved in planning and carrying out deportations, he said, adding that "tips from German observers and diplomats who recognized the will to destroy in the action against the Armenians were ignored."

Reply #54 - April 24, 2015, 04:18 PM

Quite right.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #55 - April 24, 2015, 04:53 PM

Cengiz Aktar - Revisiting Turkey's policy towards religious minorities on the centenary of the Armenian genocide
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WGUCHsna44s
     Reply #56 - April 24, 2015, 05:22 PM

Istiklal, Istanbul an hour or so ago.

https://mobile.twitter.com/zeynep/status/591634963042324480/photo/1
     Reply #57 - April 24, 2015, 05:43 PM

That was moving.
     Reply #58 - April 24, 2015, 05:53 PM

More pics from Istanbul today

https://mobile.twitter.com/hragv/status/591651342004817920/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/hragv/status/591651187784462337/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/hragv/status/591629510782550016/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/hragv/status/591558080766332929/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/hragv/status/591545796253720578/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/hragv/status/591543124473741312/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/p_zalewski/status/591649251060482048/photo/1
     Reply #59 - April 24, 2015, 06:11 PM

Turkey's last Armenian village

http://america.aljazeera.com/multimedia/2015/4/for-last-armenian-village-in-turkey-no-remembrance-of-things-past.html?utm_content=bylines&utm_campaign=ajam&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »