Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Danish article on a Muslim apostate

(Read 14128 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Danish article on a Muslim apostate
     Reply #30 - March 01, 2015, 06:00 PM

Glad you k tho'

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #31 - March 01, 2015, 09:51 PM

Thanks dear Jedi, I guess I will figure things out.

You are the Universe, Expressing itself as a Human for a little while- Eckhart Tolle
     Reply #32 - March 01, 2015, 10:26 PM

Really hope your k tho and I wish I was brave enough to do such a thing

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #33 - March 04, 2015, 01:46 PM

Great piece of writing. Thank you for sharing it.  I really felt your inner conflict.

I have a  couple of questions that I hope does not cause you too much anxiety but it jumped out at me when reading your story.
    In the future if you have a child would you not be pressured  by your family into bringing it up as a Muslim? How would you manage this?
    Is it something you have thought about?

I have retweeted your story as I think it deserves maximum exposure and hope that it is seen by others in your situation.

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
     Reply #34 - March 04, 2015, 01:53 PM

Great piece of writing. Thank you for sharing it.  I really felt your inner conflict.

I have a  couple of questions that I hope does not cause you too much anxiety but it jumped out at me when reading your story.
    In the future if you have a child would you not be pressured  by your family into bringing it up as a Muslim? How would you manage this?
    Is it something you have thought about?

I have retweeted your story as I think it deserves maximum exposure and hope that it is seen by others in your situation.

Thank you alot Smiley
    I have thought a lot about it, and I know it will cause me much trouble. My parents will for a starter expect me to circumcise my son, and have me teach them the Quran and the life of the prophet the same way they raised me. When the time comes I know I will have to take up the battle against them, because I will not let anyone or anything interfere in the way I intend to raise my children. I will raise them to love and respect their fellow people, instead of teaching them they will go to hell if they don't fear Allah. I am just postponing the inevitable for as long as I can. 

You are the Universe, Expressing itself as a Human for a little while- Eckhart Tolle
     Reply #35 - March 04, 2015, 02:14 PM

Thank you alot Smiley
    I have thought a lot about it, and I know it will cause me much trouble. My parents will for a starter expect me to circumcise my son, and have me teach them the Quran and the life of the prophet the same way they raised me. When the time comes I know I will have to take up the battle against them, because I will not let anyone or anything interfere in the way I intend to raise my children. I will raise them to love and respect their fellow people, instead of teaching them they will go to hell if they don't fear Allah. I am just postponing the inevitable for as long as I can. 

I was worried about asking you the question as I didn't want to load you with a whole new set of worries before their time but I am pleased to hear you have already considered it and are determined to break the circle in a positive way. I wish you all the luck for the future and for your children's future.

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
     Reply #36 - March 04, 2015, 02:21 PM

It's alright, I know the time will come where I can't continue this double life any more.
    And thank you for your kind words and support  far away hug

Reply #37 - March 04, 2015, 03:50 PM

as if you ve read my mind and wrote it down! Shocked

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #38 - March 04, 2015, 04:27 PM

Many people have emailed me after reading the article, telling me their story is so simar to mine and how surprised they were to read the article and realize they're not alone. I am so overwhelmed by the amazing things people have said to me and I will continue to make our voices heard Smiley I have been invited to an interview at a radio station in Denmark and I am considering doing it so my message can come across to more people Smiley

Reply #39 - March 04, 2015, 04:45 PM

Congratulations Ishtar.
     Reply #40 - March 04, 2015, 06:10 PM

Many people have emailed me after reading the article, telling me their story is so simar to mine and how surprised they were to read the article and realize they're not alone. I am so overwhelmed by the amazing things people have said to me and I will continue to make our voices heard Smiley I have been invited to an interview at a radio station in Denmark and I am considering doing it so my message can come across to more people Smiley

Yes.yes do the interview!  You have already seen how your story reflects so many others experience,the more you talk about it the more people you reach. It could be the catalyst for others taking the first step.
    It seems the most pervasive feeling of those in positions similar to your own is one of being alone in their conflict. Knowing you are actually one of many must be very empowering.
    I would encourage you to do the interview but of course it's your choice to make.

Reply #41 - March 04, 2015, 06:52 PM

yeah do the interview! thats so cool

back to ur story, i think i'm gonna tell my parents bout my apostasy tho. and gonna prepare to move out, cuz they gonna be mad.

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #42 - March 04, 2015, 07:44 PM

Cool! Well done!
    Are you not afraid that someone will recognize your voice?
     Reply #43 - March 04, 2015, 07:46 PM

yeah do the interview! thats so cool

back to ur story, i think i'm gonna tell my parents bout my apostasy tho. and gonna prepare to move out, cuz they gonna be mad.

Ladybird, did you end up going to study in Belgium?
    Well, good luck, girl! I hope they won't take it too bad.
     Reply #44 - March 04, 2015, 07:47 PM

yes i did! Smiley and i m so proud i did. it was an amazing time there!! enjoyed my freedom a lottt

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #45 - March 04, 2015, 07:48 PM

Very good! Well done you too!
     Reply #46 - March 04, 2015, 08:06 PM

thanks senga Smiley

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #47 - March 07, 2015, 04:42 PM

I've just read this for the first time. Ishtar, this article is absolutely beautiful and you come across in such a level headed way. Thank you for sharing. The more ex-muslim voices speak up the more ex-muslims will become mainstream and western muslims will have to accept that freedom of religion is something they cannot fight when it doesn't suit them.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #48 - March 08, 2015, 02:31 PM

I've just read this for the first time. Ishtar, this article is absolutely beautiful and you come across in such a level headed way. Thank you for sharing. The more ex-muslim voices speak up the more ex-muslims will become mainstream and western muslims will have to accept that freedom of religion is something they cannot fight when it doesn't suit them.

Just saw your reply Quod, thank you so much for your kind words.  Smiley
    And that was exactly my reason for coming out with this article. It has initiated the debate in Denmark that I was missing. Smiley

Reply #49 - March 08, 2015, 04:52 PM

Great article, very well articulated. I don't always think about how different it is for those that have to 'keep it quiet'.  The only time I've ever pretended to be religious was when I was arrested in Algeria for being an 'Israeli spy'. You couldn't shut me up. That's the only time I was ever grateful to my dad for forcing me and my brothers to say our bloody prayers every night when little.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #50 - March 16, 2015, 10:25 PM

Great article Ishtar, I just read it.

I hope it turned out good for you. Did your former best friend tell your parents?

Reply #51 - March 16, 2015, 10:34 PM

Thank you dear ElToro Smiley

It most definitely had the effect I wanted it to,  except I feel very ambivalent about the fact that a right-wing political party have decided to use my story in their crusade against Islam. They suggest to make an exit program for people who wish to leave Islam, and compare it to people who wish to leave gangs.

http://politiken.dk/indland/politik/ECE2588832/df-foreslaar-exitprogram-for-muslimer-paa-flugt-fra-islam/#!ditpolitiken-1

And luckily no, she was related to my childhood friend who passed away few days ago, and after the funeral we had a long and honest talk about everything that I went through and she promised to not tell anyone.  Smiley

Reply #52 - March 16, 2015, 10:46 PM

I find the idea of an exit program not bad, although it comes from a right-wing party.
     Reply #53 - March 17, 2015, 01:45 AM

I'm not sure I like the idea of an exit program. It would seem like an attack. What needs to happen is that we make sure it's crystal clear that people may join and leave religions as they see fit and both the law and society at large and anything criminal doe in the namer of religion, violence, harassment, whatever, will not be tolerated.

Ishtar, are you able to give a reply to this party using your story for their own gains?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »