Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Afterlife for muslim females

(Read 7379 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Afterlife for muslim females
     Reply #30 - February 28, 2015, 06:04 PM

I agree, he was extremely rude. If he were to make a legitimate point in a sensible manner this "debate" would be worth listening to fully. The woman does have a point too, but he was stubborn and close minded to his own opinion here. Listening, even if not agreeing, is the key. Comes back to what Qtian and lua were saying yesterday in the Shout Box.

One only acquires wisdom when one sets the heart and mind open to new ideas.

Chat: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/#ex-muslims
     Reply #31 - February 28, 2015, 06:12 PM

And isn't it funny, since he is a christian? I mean, what dumb things does he believe in anyway? And he was indeed behaving as a right tosser, nothing christian about him. No use to have a debate if you're full of yourself. That girl was admirably patient Smiley.
     Reply #32 - February 28, 2015, 06:16 PM

Yeah, and she has a nice voice. And that accent... 001_wub

Reply #33 - February 28, 2015, 06:16 PM

I think what he did was justified. The lady from the beginning was endlessly talking about things that were not pertinent to the topic, constantly changing subject, went on ramblings that had no end in sight. If he didn't take control she would be spending entire hours going on about how islam is a feminist religion.

watch from the first vid if you want to see the whole discussion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvfQ_zIVg5g

"we stand firm calling to allah all the time,
    we let them know - bang! bang! - coz it's dawah time!"
     Reply #34 - February 28, 2015, 06:19 PM

Then you kindly request that the person come back on topic rather than act like an overbearing idiot! You know, like Jesus would've done...

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #35 - February 28, 2015, 06:22 PM

I think what he did was justified. The lady from the beginning was endlessly talking about things that were not pertinent to the topic, constantly changing subject, went on ramblings that had no end in sight. If he didn't take control she would be spending entire hours going on about how islam is a feminist religion.

I don't think two wrongs make a right though. As a host, he should be able to remain calm and collected, yet authoritative. This is the idea of professionalism. And I'm not just protecting her because of her awesome Canadian accent!

Reply #36 - February 28, 2015, 06:26 PM

Then you kindly request that the person come back on topic rather than act like an overbearing idiot! You know, like Jesus would've done...

But he did do that tho. But she went on her tirades anyway.
    I don't think two wrongs make a right though. As a host, he should be able to remain calm and collected, yet authoritative. This is the idea of professionalism. And I'm not just protecting her because of her awesome Canadian accent!

but he isn't really a tv host tho. He's just some arab christian who likes to talk about islam on the net.

"we stand firm calling to allah all the time,
    we let them know - bang! bang! - coz it's dawah time!"
     Reply #37 - February 28, 2015, 06:32 PM

Hmm.... I don't know, they're both not listening, really, they both only want to get their points across and that is no discussion.
     Reply #38 - February 28, 2015, 06:37 PM

'How many wives does your husband have?'

'Sorry? He only has one.'

'Why he only has one? Qur'an allows him to hsve four?'

What an idiot. She's so polite and he appears to be just baiting her rather than listening to what she has to say.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #39 - February 28, 2015, 08:02 PM

'Jeesus, that guy is so rude! I can't listen to that video. He won't let her speak at all and then he says, listen to me. Damn, what a wanker.'

True, but she has a problem getting to the point too. She gives examples of stuff, then forgets what she was saying...but the craziest thing is the fact they are actually having such a conversation. Completely ridiculous.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #40 - February 28, 2015, 09:37 PM

That's true, Jack. I got to that conclusion before I heard the start of the conversation and I agree discussing religious things is of no use since religious people are not open for suggestions otherwise.
     Reply #41 - February 28, 2015, 09:46 PM

Although I must say that that is not only true of religious people but also of atheists. Well, you know, any person with a strong conviction, whatever their stance in life. However, I do think that religion is a subject you'd better not discuss, likewise politics.
     Reply #42 - February 28, 2015, 10:14 PM

The Bible, including the "New Testament", doesn't contain any prohibitions on polygamy. In fact, it is only in rabbinic literature that a limit does exist, and that's 4, except for a king, who can have more. Don't really know why; there wasn't a king when it was written, possibly it's as an incentive for someone to appoint themselves king, a notoriously risky thing to do since at no point during the Rabbinic period was there a Jewish-run government that was not subservient to a foreign power, at least not for more than a few years at a time before some foreign power came and stamped out the resistance. The only people who the New Testament says can not be polygamists are the religious leaders, a deacon or a bishop; and since the Catholics at least ended up not letting them marry anyway, I'm not sure why nearly all modern Christians believe the Bible condemns polygamy. Most of the characters in the Bible are polygamists.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #43 - February 28, 2015, 10:28 PM

well I think Paul wrote in one of his letters that it is best to remain celibate, but a man can take one wife if he wishes. And Jesus said something along the lines of a man and woman (singular) become one in flesh when they get married and let no one seperate them.

Just be a good Christian and ignore all the polygamous verses in the Old Testament in favor of vague New Testament verses you can interpret to make your religious morality fit your secular morality.

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #44 - February 28, 2015, 10:57 PM

justperusing, oh yeah Paul was very anti-marriage, because he seemed to believe the world was ending. He said that to stay single was the best thing you could do, and even if you get married, you should abstain from sex regularly for agreed upon periods of time, and that getting married was only slightly preferable than to "burn"--i.e., if you can't stop having sex, and you're going to go to hell, then get married, but you really should just learn to control yourself. But his attempts to decrease the importance and impact of earlier Biblical morality laws were slightly too successful, and in one community where he'd taught his little version of religion (Corinth), a man ended up marrying his own father's ex-wife (probably not his mother, as Paul doesn't say it's his mother, just his father's wife). Which sent him on a tirade about how he didn't mean that you should take it THAT far, because it makes the non-Christians look down on you as immoral, so you need to have at least the morality of them.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #45 - March 01, 2015, 12:24 AM

Haha yeah I remember that part.

I don't get the doctrine of inspiration of the bible. It seems like half of the authors of the New Testament were writing held the view and even directly state that the world will be ending within their lifetimes. So how could these words be inspired by God if they're obviously wrong? Christians seem to say the authors were human and could make mistakes but that it's still inspired by God.

Divinely inspired mistakes? Wtf

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #46 - March 01, 2015, 12:31 AM

Even Jesus is quoted as saying the world's about to end, and that there are people listening to him then and there who would not see death until he returned; well that's pretty much been disproven, hasn't it, no one's still alive now from then, neither are their children, their grandchildren, or their great-grandchildren. Dozens of generations have come and gone. Still no sign that the world has ended. Well, unless you're Chester (the perpetual stoner from a late-90s adult claymation inspired TV show):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cloGsoRM7DU

Reply #47 - March 01, 2015, 12:43 AM

Han jabba  Cheesy

-Thomas Paine
     Reply #48 - March 01, 2015, 11:44 AM

Star Wars elevates everything to a new level greatness!

Reply #49 - March 01, 2015, 06:12 PM

Oh, and I had another point about the afterlife, what happens if you weren't straight in this life? Will you be straight there? I mean, I'm asexual, and I think that if I was magically made straight, I wouldn't really be the same person anymore.

Reply #50 - March 01, 2015, 06:29 PM

The transparent houris and the young boys like pearls will swing both ways...

Reply #51 - March 01, 2015, 06:57 PM

But I don't swing either way.  Tongue

Reply #52 - March 01, 2015, 07:53 PM

Although I must say that that is not only true of religious people but also of atheists. Well, you know, any person with a strong conviction, whatever their stance in life. However, I do think that religion is a subject you'd better not discuss, likewise politics.

Yes, but it's not just that you can't argue with them, because they know it all, it's the actual topic of the debates they so earnestly examine that get me - like; 'Does Allah permit the husband to have sex with his slave, immediately after intercourse with a donkey - in the afternoon?' or 'If no fish are available on a Friday, Jesus says God said let them eat roadkill - as long as the five second rule is observed, and only on Tuesdays." Or whatever Smiley It's like eavesdropping in the waiting room of a mental institution.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #53 - March 01, 2015, 08:14 PM

I think it would take a full on lobotomy for anyone to enjoy islamic or Christian heaven, so I doubt anyone would really be themselves. One would have to live with the knowledge that billions of people who were wonderful, honest people in life were being tortured horribly without hope, while you are in some monotonous paradise that must never get old or else it wouldn't be paradise anymore. All this with the knowledge that what separates you from the poor bastards in hell is that you took one "prophet" at his word (consequently rejecting the messages of thousands of "false" prophets who had contradictory messages) without any good evidence. Plus, if islam is anything like Christianity, you would have to eternally be in the presence of the stupid bastard who set up such a ridiculous system in the first place.

I think changing your sexual orientation would be the least of the changes needed to be made for you to find heaven bearable.

-Thomas Paine
     Reply #54 - March 08, 2015, 03:33 AM

Thanks for all the replies,i think I will go with what an ex muslim said on this website with this topic-

According to Islam if you are a woman or non muslim you can go fuck yourself.
     Reply #55 - March 08, 2015, 05:43 PM

She has Hayya...

Can someone fill me in on the meaning of hayya? I thought it means hasten or hurry but perhaps I'm missing something.
     Reply #56 - March 08, 2015, 06:07 PM

Check the ummah link in Jedi's sig. Grin

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #57 - March 08, 2015, 06:33 PM

Can someone fill me in on the meaning of hayya? I thought it means hasten or hurry but perhaps I'm missing something.

It means you oughta know your place and be embarrassed about having genitalia. Keep your eyes down and your clothes on, and then put on some more for good measure, so you can achieve shapelessness. Because having a body is an EVIL, and you should pretend you haven't got one. Lastly, do not interact with the other gender. Because misogyny and control, that's why.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »