Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Jewish Patrol Group Shomrim Offers Protection To Mosques Amid Rise In Hate Attac

(Read 2906 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Jewish Patrol Group Shomrim Offers Protection To Mosques Amid Rise In Hate Attac
     OP - February 25, 2015, 07:11 PM

I see non-practicing Muslims share this. So it must be good, right?

For Denmark attacks on Muslims have definitely been under-exposed compared to attacks on Danish Jews in the media (not so much on Facebook).

Jewish Patrol Group Shomrim Offers Protection To Mosques Amid Rise In Hate Attacks

A Jewish "police force" has offered protection to mosques in Hackney, following a spate of violent attacks on mosques.

Shomrim, a uniformed Jewish patrol in Stamford Hill who are trained by the Met, patrol the area regularly looking for anti-Semitic hate crimes, and general disorder in the neighbourhood.

The volunteer group, similar to a Neighbourhood Watch, are trained to safely track and detain suspects until police arrive, and run a 24-hour hotline for those in the area to report attacks.

The group was started by Jewish New Yorkers angry at lengthy police response times after crimes were reported.

Mosque elders met this weekend with Shomrim in the Cazenove Road Mosque and Community Centre to discuss cooperation between the two communities.

The offer of security help was the brainchild of local Lib Dem councillor and strictly Orthodox Jew Ian Sharer, who was one of the founders of the Muslim-Jewish forum.

"In our ward, the three councillors are two Charedi Jews, and one religious Muslim. We have been friends for many years, and we get on every well.

"This seemed like a natural thing to do. This is a very serious situation, and so I thought, why not call my friends from Shomrim? We wanted to see if we could offer them protection and also security lessons.

"When we met, everyone got on like a house on fire, we all got on so well. So now when Shomrim go out on patrol, they go past a number of different mosques to check they are OK. And we have given out our number so that Muslim people can call us if they need."

Chaim Hochauser, one of the two community leaders of Shomrim, told HuffPost UK the co-operation was "unprecedented" and hoped it was "just the beginning of a long term partnership between the two communities."

Violent attacks on mosques and muslim buildings have been on the rise since the murder of Drummer Lee Rigby in Woolwich, including an arson attack on a community centre in Muswell Hill and a homemade explosive device found at a mosque in Walsall.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Jewish Patrol Group Shomrim Offers Protection To Mosques Amid Rise In Hate Attac
     Reply #1 - February 25, 2015, 07:51 PM

Brilliant. I love it. Now try it in occupied Palestine.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #2 - February 25, 2015, 08:17 PM

I really hate what Israel is doing but we need to separate this stuff...

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #3 - February 25, 2015, 08:38 PM

I see non-practicing Muslims share this. So it must be good, right?

For Denmark attacks on Muslims have definitely been under-exposed compared to attacks on Danish Jews in the media (not so much on Facebook).

Jewish Patrol Group Shomrim Offers Protection To Mosques Amid Rise In Hate Attacks

Good stuff  Afro
     Reply #4 - February 25, 2015, 09:01 PM

I really hate what Israel is doing but we need to separate this stuff...

Seperate it from what? Real life? The things that truly matter?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #5 - February 25, 2015, 09:07 PM

Oh FFS, Jedi - don't be an arsehole!!
     Reply #6 - February 25, 2015, 10:09 PM

Calm down Ali. This is the internet. You don't like the opinion don't read don't respond like a child.

Whose the arsehole now?

I'm not going to humour two elitist religions pay lip service to each other.

Reply #7 - February 25, 2015, 10:26 PM

It's about more than religion, Jedi.

It's about trying to make the world a little bit better.
     Reply #8 - February 25, 2015, 10:29 PM

That warrants your overblown response?

Reply #9 - February 25, 2015, 10:38 PM

Yeah, because fuck little signs of hope where we happen to live. You know, in real lives closer to our own. Let's subordinate approving of any of that to an ideal solution to a conflict that won't be resolved quite as easily.

I see one overblown response to begin with. It's yours.
     Reply #10 - February 25, 2015, 11:06 PM

I would love to go a lot further! 

The three main monotheisms have different sabbaths, so in principle buildings designed with shared spaces and excellent management systems, say with their acountrements able to be taken on and off stage, could happen.  i understand this did happen in Damascus.

The excess buildings could then be used for other purposes!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #11 - February 26, 2015, 09:09 AM

Yeah, because fuck little signs of hope where we happen to live. You know, in real lives closer to our own. Let's subordinate approving of any of that to an ideal solution to a conflict that won't be resolved quite as easily.

Well put, toor.
     Reply #12 - February 26, 2015, 01:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6TVyFt-k9o

right right Shabir Ali should be made  head of all patrole groups to stop the hate..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #13 - February 26, 2015, 05:55 PM

I'll add your argument to the overblown list.

My original post said it's great news. Therefore, no fuck little signs of hope. Silly strawman or are you just trolling? And there are better signs of hope closer to our own lives.

I never said anything about the conflict ending of its own accord. In fact, I never mentioned anything about the Palestine conflict itself. The point was that it'd be more meaningful and effective if it was down by Jews protecting a Palestinian mosque and vice versa. Thats why I said
    Now try it in occupied Palestine.

What are you arguing again Toor?

Reply #14 - February 26, 2015, 06:30 PM

Now try it in occupied Palestine.

There has been a consistent effort by some groups on the Israeli left to support Palestinian struggles in the West Bank. See Ilan Shalif's blog for example: http://ilanisagainstwalls.blogspot.co.uk . Offhand I can't think of any campaigns to protect mosques there but I expect this would happen if it looked necessary. I think mosques in Gaza have been targeted by the IDF at times but there's less that Israeli activists can do about this.

This article from a few years ago is worth a look for Palestinian reservations about support from Israeli activists: http://electronicintifada.net/content/sham-solidarity-israels-zionist-left/10213
     Reply #15 - February 26, 2015, 08:26 PM

My original post said it's great news. Therefore, no fuck little signs of hope. Silly strawman or are you just trolling? And there are better signs of hope closer to our own lives.

I never said anything about the conflict ending of its own accord. In fact, I never mentioned anything about the Palestine conflict itself. The point was that it'd be more meaningful and effective if it was down by Jews protecting a Palestinian mosque and vice versa.

Well, it's certainly nice of you to explain what you were saying. A day and three apparently malfunctioning sarcasm detectors later.

My apologies.

I'll add your argument to the overblown list.

Keeping lists when it comes to forum members is bad form. Just sayin'.
     Reply #16 - March 18, 2015, 10:31 PM

right right Shabir Ali should be made  head of all patrole groups to stop the hate..
    [/quote

right right Shabir Ali should be made  head of all patrole groups to stop the hate..

Can I make an objection to something in this video. The gentleman in the video claims that Mohamed had to follow the quran during his life. Correct me if I am wrong, but the quran was not codified as a book until Caliph Uthman long after Mo died, so the book didn't even exist during Mo's lifetime as it was still being invented (sorry) REVEALED to him, so Mo had no book to follow as he was dictating it on the fly.

Have I got this wrong or is my objection valid?

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »