Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Born Sinner

(Read 16100 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Born Sinner
     Reply #60 - March 06, 2015, 09:10 AM

Maybe we should just try Quod... why not Smiley

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
  • Born Sinner
     Reply #61 - March 07, 2015, 01:11 AM

Everyone should try Quod. Once you go Quod you don't go back.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Born Sinner
     Reply #62 - March 07, 2015, 03:01 PM

They should just rename everything after you. Quodriceps. Quodricycle. Quodeaning Tower of Pisa. Yeeeah cool2

One only acquires wisdom when one sets the heart and mind open to new ideas.

Chat: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/#ex-muslims
  • Born Sinner
     Reply #63 - March 07, 2015, 03:34 PM

Quodeaning Tower of Pisa. Yeeeah cool2

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You are the Universe, Expressing itself as a Human for a little while- Eckhart Tolle
  • Born Sinner
     Reply #64 - April 12, 2015, 05:39 PM

Hi guys, will reply to all of you and finish my story but don't have the time right now. It's been a hard month, been too busy with myself and being negative. It consumes all my energy but I'm trying hard to  stay positive. Moving out for uni this year so just got a couple of months left but it feels like a lot longer. I'm trying so hard not to do anything stupid to move out quicker.
  • Born Sinner
     Reply #65 - April 13, 2015, 12:53 AM

A couple of months isn't that long. Hang in there. Smiley

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Born Sinner
     Reply #66 - April 13, 2015, 06:31 PM

Welcome naaya   Wink

• Born Sinner
     Reply #67 - April 14, 2015, 06:22 PM

After coming back from Spain I finally decided to stop with my course due to poor concentration and low mood, however I did not know that I suddenly had more time to think about religion. I couldn't repress it anymore so I started to talk more often about religion/islam with my best friend. It became clear that I had certain principles and ideas that weren't supported by islam. I've always supported gay rights & gender equality but I never criticised islam, too scared to go against the teachings of Mohammed. At this point I couldn't deny my principles going against islam anymore and tried to muslims with similar views. I found this website called new mosque, while browsing their website I felt like I was doing something really wrong.  I've been brought up as a sunni and this wasn't what I was thaught. This website was using certain hadiths and ayah's to justify their views.

Apparently this wasn't enough for me and a couple of weeks later I found myself googling arguments against islam. I found so many arguments and at night I would be crying and praying to Allah to lead me. After a while I didn't and coulnd't follow the ahadith anymore, I justified it to myself by saying that they were collected long after the death of the prophet eventho this never really bothered me when I had no doubts. There I was: mss Quranist. Didn't even know that term existed thinking I was the only muslim believing in the Quran as I always thought you had to take the Quran and ahadith together or not at all. This was a really confusing time, I tried everything to hold on to my muslim identity. The thought of not being able to identify myself as a muslim and not being part of a community my family belongs to really depressed me.

I finally gave up after reading an article about a 13-year old who was raped in Somalia and couldn't produce 4 witnesses and a result got stoned to death for adultery. I found that so disturbing eventhough it was illegal to convict her of adultery under sharia law. Producing 4 witnesses was something I never understood, even as a kid.

I felt so much adrenaline after admitting to myself that I was no longer a muslim. Relieved and scared. This is when the nightmares and waking up at nights started, what if, what if, what if. Shirk is the greatest sin and cannot be forgiven by Allah, I had clear images of hell and couldn't let go of it. Not long after my apostasy I told my sister that I was no longer a muslim (impulsive action), she broke down. She knew I had completely different views but thought that I was just a very liberal muslim. Over the next couple of days she started going mosque voluntarily, stopped listening music and would cry whenever she gets home. My mum kept asking her what was wrong but she didn't tell. My sister started pushing me to tell my parents about my apostasy because they deserved it, I panicked, had so much anxiety, started thinking about death and had several days where I really wanted to just pack my bags and just go anywhere.  After a rough couple of days I sort of took everything back, said that I was confused and that she had to give me time. By that time she was already dealing with it better but I couldn't take the risk of her pressuring me into telling my parents. Since then we don't really talk/debate about certain issues anymore and whenever I criticise an islamic countriy she doesn't even want to listen to me anymore while it has nothing to do with islam but with their politics.

Just a couple of months left before moving out, trying to stay positive about life and future. Hard thing to do, there are days when I just want to be dead, not having to deal when any of this.
  • Born Sinner
     Reply #68 - April 14, 2015, 06:26 PM

Did you decide to take that job or not? Being financially independent of your parents is really important, specially in case they find out about your apostasy and you find yourself on the run from them Smiley So you should consider it

No, no way of getting there. Finally found something else, got my induction next week.

Hi fellow Dutchie Smiley Smiley

When did you actually move to the uk?

Almost 3 years ago. Probably going back to the Netherlands this summer.

Als ik zo onbeleefd mag zijn, wat is je afkomst eigenlijk. Ben daar wel benieuwd naar, heb je hier ergens een topic over hoe je een ex-moslim bent geworden? Zou het graag willen lezen Smiley
  • Born Sinner
     Reply #69 - April 15, 2015, 12:31 AM

far away hug It'll get better.

• Born Sinner
     Reply #70 - April 15, 2015, 12:37 AM

Seville is an amazing city; I prefer it to Granada. It awaits you next time. Cordoba is fab too. If I had to llive anywhere inn Europe (I live in Japan), it would be Andalucia.

Have you lived in Spain David?
  • Born Sinner
     Reply #71 - April 18, 2015, 07:59 PM

Thank you Smiley
    far away hug It'll get better.

Hope so Smiley
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »