Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Entering Christian heaven isn't easy, too

(Read 24511 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Entering Christian heaven isn't easy, too
     Reply #60 - March 09, 2015, 05:27 AM

Perhaps we are not reading it the same way.  I understand the part about knowing what the church is to include knowing that it is the true church. It fits with what I remember and read about culpability.

No I read your own sources. I just am not burdened by apologetics in order provide a facade of an open domination which has no history of being anything of the sort. I know of both Christ and Church. I have rejected the claims of both. I believe both are based on mythology thus are fictional more than factual. Even a historical Jesus devoid of all the religious baggage is unsupported. I can not be saved. Read your own sources again.

Your view would render Christianity moot and proselytizing as a harmful act. To guarantee the greatest amount of people are saved the best method is to never talk about Christ and the Church. If ignorance allows one to be saved by good deeds then you increase the risk of damning their immortal soul by even telling another person about either. The risk factor is that they could reject the claims if they are not convinced that either is in fact true. Thus a person which fulfills the good deeds required would still be 100% damned by their rejection of the claims. Whereas an ignorant person whom is good can neither reject nor accept the claims they have no knowledge of. So by preaching Christianity you commit an immoral act on another person by putting them in harms way spiritually. However this is the opposite of all Christian doctrine and dogma.  Since your views are based on apologetics this clearly presents a case of sophistry and fallacious reasoning in a contradiction used to shore up the troops. It is not a rational argument for the unbeliever. I would also point out this argument was used for an era in which communication Christianity globally was impossible. It has next to no practical application in a either of internet databases and global communication networks. This doctrine only applies to a person which is completely isolated from the modern world in every way. Socially, economical, locally, etc. These parameters would only apply to groups of people we have never discovered or communicated with. After all among first ideas exchanged in foreign cultural interaction is that of religion.

Do not take my comment as a personal attack. I am just pointing out the logical consequences of the sources and it's implications. This is why it is sophistry which I loath with a passion due to it's use in fooling the masses. There is also my education and career path which contains knowledge not taught by the Church as it would refute the religion.
     Reply #61 - March 09, 2015, 10:44 AM

To guarantee the greatest amount of people are saved the best method is to never talk about Christ and the Church.

LOL... This is one of the greatest ironies of Christianity and Islam!!

I have never believed that Evangelism (spreading the "Good News") - or Da'wah - were about any genuine altruistic motive to 'save' their fellow man.

It's all about confirming you are right so you can feel secure and vindicated in your beliefs.

I have nothing against the majority of ordinary Christians & Muslims who practice their faith without wearing it like a badge, and who have the 'nice fluffy' view that their religion is about love, charity, compassion and being a good person. To be fair most Christians and Muslims are like this.

It's the ones who take their religion too seriously and believe it's their duty to spread it to others.

Worst of all are those who love to place other religions under the microscope, critically pulling it to pieces - yet will come up with every excuse under the sun to protect their own religion Wink

I hate hypocrisy!
     Reply #62 - March 09, 2015, 12:02 PM

Yes, we all hate hypocrisy, apart from when it's us doing it, it's then conveniently overlooked/excused, which is double hypocrisy, of course - but unfortunately, not to the offender. Without hypocrisy, Christianity (& the rest) would have died a long time ago.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #63 - March 09, 2015, 04:21 PM

Phil ochs - Ballad of the Carpenter (lyrics): http://youtu.be/AM2Pz8FCqto
     Reply #64 - March 09, 2015, 05:48 PM

LOL... This is one of the greatest ironies of Christianity and Islam!!

I have never believed that Evangelism (spreading the "Good News") - or Da'wah - were about any genuine altruistic motive to 'save' their fellow man.

It's all about confirming you are right so you can feel secure and vindicated in your beliefs.

I have nothing against the majority of ordinary Christians & Muslims who practice their faith without wearing it like a badge, and who have the 'nice fluffy' view that their religion is about love, charity, compassion and being a good person. To be fair most Christians and Muslims are like this.

It's the ones who take their religion too seriously and believe it's their duty to spread it to others.

Worst of all are those who love to place other religions under the microscope, critically pulling it to pieces - yet will come up with every excuse under the sun to protect their own religion Wink

I hate hypocrisy!

I do not expect many to put much thought into how they express their religion nor if they act within the guidelines of their religion. Most just repeat what they have been told but rarely reflect on what they read before parroting it.
     Reply #65 - March 11, 2015, 03:30 AM

The bracelets here give way to tattoos upon adulthood. Like tribal Christianity or something.

Cheesy

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #66 - April 25, 2015, 04:15 AM

However hypocrisies are all people not just the religious or non religious most people don't say what they do at times
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »