Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Entering Christian heaven isn't easy, too

(Read 24509 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Entering Christian heaven isn't easy, too
     OP - February 11, 2015, 04:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByjvyuTPh6s
     Reply #1 - February 12, 2015, 03:38 AM

Clear and straightforward. The bible is a real mess.  Cheesy

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #2 - February 12, 2015, 03:48 AM

You don't say.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3 - February 12, 2015, 05:52 AM

Well, I have heard Christians say that the 144,000 number is not about total entrants to heaven, but entrants to the highest of the heavens, which they call Zion. (Most Christians haven't really thought about it but their Bible does say that there are at least 3 heavens: 2 Corinthians 12:2.) Castration is an interesting subject, because God clearly did not want people with defects in his temple in Leviticus: it says that a person who "hath any thing maimed" or "hath his stones [testicles] crushed" can't enter the tabernacle (Leviticus 21).

But in Isaiah, the one passage that does say that non-Jews can be made holy and enter heaven, it mentions eunuchs (probably because of the subjugation of Israel and the fact that many Jewish young men were carted off to foreign nations and castrated to be servants in royal households). Isaiah 56 says, "Neither let the alien, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying: 'The LORD will surely separate me from His people'; neither let the eunuch say: 'Behold, I am a dry tree.' ... Also the aliens, that join themselves to the LORD, to minister unto Him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be His servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from profaning it, and holdeth fast by My covenant: Even them will I bring to My holy mountain, and make them joyful in My house of prayer; their burnt-offerings and their sacrifices shall be acceptable upon Mine altar; for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples."

So according to that, the gentiles who want to be accepted by God must keep the Sabbath and keep the rest of the covenant too. Also, on the virgin thing, it's an interesting quandary. The epistle authors often rail against sex WITHIN marriage, and think it is the lesser of two evils (the greater evil being unmarried sex). But in the gospels, some of the disciples were married. There is one story including Peter's mother-in-law, which is particularly interesting since Catholics consider Peter to be the first pope.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #4 - March 06, 2015, 07:29 PM

Has a Christan the whole 144,000 does not mean the number who is going to heaven much like everything else many things are taking out of context . Many Christians will state we have to keep the moasic law but many its clear you don't keep the moasic law. It was already that the gentiles did not have to keep the law since they were not jewish   
     Reply #5 - March 06, 2015, 07:34 PM

Are you a practising Christian, Usagi?
     Reply #6 - March 06, 2015, 10:53 PM

Has a Christan the whole 144,000 does not mean the number who is going to heaven much like everything else many things are taking out of context . Many Christians will state we have to keep the moasic law but many its clear you don't keep the moasic law. It was already that the gentiles did not have to keep the law since they were not jewish   

Gentiles not having to keep the law was written for the sole purpose of gaining converts to Christ and paved the way for christians to not obey the laws of the old testament. It's bullshit. Jesus said point blank the old laws still apply.

Matthew 5:17-19

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #7 - March 07, 2015, 01:32 AM

Well, I can't claim to be smart but  are different ways you can take these verses. I mean if you want to take my view

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Scripture/Parashah/Summaries/Ki_Teitzei/Goal_of_Law/goal_of_law.html

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Articles/Redux/redux.html
    http://www.ukapologetics.net/Jesusandthelaw.html
    http://cbshouston.edu/blog/2012/04/09/the-sabbath-are-christians-bound-to-the-mosaic-law/
    http://cbshouston.edu/blog/2012/04/09/the-sabbath-are-christians-bound-to-the-mosaic-law/

However there are many Christians that do keep the mosaic law. It's how you take these verses like many of the bible. I mean bible verses can be shown to be viewed different ways. I mean Phoebe can be taking  minister or servant. http://juniaproject.com/phoebe-servant-or-minister/

Its just how you take it. This is why there are different sections of Christianity.

Reply #8 - March 07, 2015, 01:47 AM

The biblical instructions for how to get into heaven are pretty clear, at the very least in detailing those who aren't eligible for heaven.

Reply #9 - March 07, 2015, 01:51 AM

Accepting Jesus into your heart and asking for forgiveness is a step for Christianity.
     Reply #10 - March 07, 2015, 01:57 AM

Its just how you take it. This is why there are different sections of Christianity.

It's the same for Islam. This all gets messy fast, doesn't it? Grin

Anyway, it's good to have theists here. Hopefully you have a thick skin, Usagi. We can be pretty hard on Christianity here, too. I hope you won't take it personally!
     Reply #11 - March 07, 2015, 02:04 AM

It's the same for Islam. This all gets messy fast, doesn't it? Grin

Anyway, it's good to have theists here. Hopefully you have a thick skin, Usagi. We can be pretty hard on Christianity here, too. I hope you won't take it personally!

No I can understand. I mean there are different doctrines such as the place of women in the church. There are also other things. I may be Christan but I can see how people are angry including myself on the stupidity of many Christians. I mean especially with the history of violence in many places. Than you have people not believe in science or many other things. I hope I have not offend anyone. 
     Reply #12 - March 07, 2015, 02:33 AM

However there are many Christians that do keep the mosaic law.

No, because the Mosaic law clearly states "shema yisrael adonai elochainu adonai echod." Literally translated: Listen, understand, obey: Israel [and only Israel, no other ethnic group], God--OUR God--he is one.

You want to learn Hebrew and how it relates to Christianity? Read Rambam's Guide for the Perplexed: http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/gfp/index.htm

Or watch this 9 minute primer from Yousef, who walks alone with the Rambam (i.e., there has never been a person who understood and absorbed the words of Rambam so well, ever):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBn15pXYmTU

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #13 - March 07, 2015, 03:05 AM

No I can understand. I mean there are different doctrines such as the place of women in the church. There are also other things. I may be Christan but I can see how people are angry including myself on the stupidity of many Christians. I mean especially with the history of violence in many places. Than you have people not believe in science or many other things. I hope I have not offend anyone. 

I don't see anything you've said to be offended by. I'd like to say that most of us don't have problems with Christians, exactly, but the actual belief itself might not be above criticism or disdain here. I left Christianity even before I left Islam, actually, so I might be one of the more vocal offenders on this forum. Grin  Some Christians/Muslims etc. will take an attack on the religion personally, is all, and I hope that you won't get upset or offended if you see us taking hits at Christianity.

I only say this because I don't know that we have many theists who stick around for too long. Or at least not during my time here. I hope you will, though!
     Reply #14 - March 07, 2015, 04:03 AM

I see. I hope I will too.
     Reply #15 - March 07, 2015, 06:02 AM

Yeah all the theists leave so quickly. I think they find threads about pooping at your boyfriends house to be too blasphemous for their pious eyes.

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #16 - March 07, 2015, 09:25 AM

The Christians that i knew, and that's going back a long time believed the 144,000 to be chosen people, teachers or prophets selected by God throughout time, or 12,000 mini prophets selected from each of the 12 tribes of Israel.  Doubt it has anything to do with the number destined for heaven, presumed all it takes is a basic belief in Jesus and a God to save your soul (according to christianity)  i'm not learned on this subject despite being a catholic prior to Islam.. ??

X
     Reply #17 - March 07, 2015, 10:55 AM

Usagi, what does your name mean? I'm confused.
     Reply #18 - March 07, 2015, 11:26 AM

Accepting Jesus into your heart and asking for forgiveness is a step for Christianity

Hi Usagi Smiley

I'd be very interested in your view on this:

While in Egypt recently I chatted with a Coptic Christian who made me promise to pray to Jesus and pray that he come into my heart.

So I kept my promise and prayed several nights to Jesus - both my own prayers and using the prayer booklets she gave me.

But nothing has happened.

I don't feel any different and I still think Christianity is nonsense.

Why do you think it didn't work?

Reply #19 - March 07, 2015, 05:46 PM

Christianity (properly dilluted) isn't even that bad though. Reminds people of moral obligations and gives hope.

Hi Usagi Smiley

While in Egypt recently I chatted with a Coptic Christian who made me promise to pray to Jesus and pray that he come into my heart.

So I kept my promise and prayed several nights to Jesus - both my own prayers and using the prayer booklets she gave me.

Christianity ain't even about that. Its about being a good person, and feeling like you're going to be eternally rewarded, and following the path of Jesus because he's all about love, and spreading that.  Smiley

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #20 - March 07, 2015, 05:55 PM

And of course accepting Jesus into your heart. Keep in mind that in christianity there's no concept of being born christian, you have to accept Jesus. Some sects like the catholics may have a sort of infant shahadah with baptism but you can't really be "born" christian.

Reply #21 - March 07, 2015, 05:57 PM

Meh, you go to church and people pretty much assume you're Christian, its not too complicated I think.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #22 - March 07, 2015, 06:05 PM

It's all bullshit anyway so who the fuck cares. Afro

Reply #23 - March 07, 2015, 06:08 PM

Yeah, but its bullshit people can believe* in!

*Not too dogmatically or literally of course.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #24 - March 07, 2015, 08:03 PM

I go to church with my fam every sunday. Heck, I'm going to be a leader on a mission trip with the church this week. Gonna build houses for low income families.

I feel like a double agent  Cool

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #25 - March 07, 2015, 08:14 PM

Actually I find the occasional prayer quite comforting and calming.

If people find comfort, peace of mind or benefit of some sort in going to church, mosque, synagogue, temple, gurdwara or whatever - that's fine!

It's those who take it too seriously that are the problem Wink
     Reply #26 - March 07, 2015, 08:43 PM

Hi Usagi Smiley

Being honest being a Christan was a journey. You take the lady's words in consider but to be honest I didn't know what it meant to be christian until now. Its not so much has praying than it is has understanding. Who Jesus was and is. We do have to pray to God. However only when we understand who we are and why we are doing this. This is what happen to me. Its a jounery   one thing happens to another person will never always be the same for someone else. Maybe if you want pray to God for an understand. Everyone is on a journey and finds it in a different way.

also the church is not per se a building it just means to assembly. In other words any where you go to worship and pray is where the church is. Its a place of people. many Christan did have home church or worship in different areas. HAs the bible 2 or more worship in my name.
     Reply #27 - March 07, 2015, 08:45 PM

I go to church with my fam every sunday. Heck, I'm going to be a leader on a mission trip with the church this week. Gonna build houses for low income families.

I feel like a double agent  Cool

Afro

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #28 - March 07, 2015, 08:46 PM

Usagi, what does your name mean? I'm confused.

Oh Usagi is not my real name I just love this one show called Sailor Moon and the characters name is Usagi TSukino or Rabbit of the Moon

My real name is Angela  
     Reply #29 - March 07, 2015, 09:27 PM

Maybe if you want pray to God for an understand

Oh I have... many, many times... but I haven't yet had any response. Maybe I need to keep trying for another 55 years Wink

Anyway, thanks for your reply Smiley

• 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »